Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one should honor what Jovan Belcher did today. No one. What he did was despicable at best and downright disgusting to most of us.

The fact that some of you decide to joke about what happened or act holier than thou is the stuff that is pissing me off personally. Yeah, he did a ****** thing, but from all accounts he wasn't a ****** guy.

In the end, prayers to the families and the players who knew him as someone else. They're the ones hurting right now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 12-01-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I made a joke that got deleted. Rustled everyone's jimmies pretty good.
We get it. You like getting attention on the internet.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
We get it. You like getting attention on the internet.
Seeing people get upset on the internet is what's truly entertaining.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never really had a problem with you before, but you're acting pretty douchey today MetSox.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prayers go out to his and his girlfriends family, and his new child. Cant imagine things are easy for them.

Do not feel sorry for him whatsoever, though. People who commit suicide receive no sympathy at all from me, its selfish and just flat out being a coward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just came to share my thoughts the same way everyone else has. I'm sorry if what i think isn't the exact same as what you do.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Prayers go out to his and his girlfriends family, and his new child. Cant imagine things are easy for them.

Do not feel sorry for him whatsoever, though. People who commit suicide receive no sympathy at all from me, its selfish and just flat out being a coward.
Pretty much how I feel about it as well.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Pretty much how I feel about it as well.
Committing suicide is the most selfish thing someone can do.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think suicide is selfish and cowardice. But I wont call Belcher that until we know the full story.
If he was having some serious mental issues, then I wouldnt call him a coward.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think there are certain situations where I would feel sympathy (euthanize someone, a young kid/teenager who has been bullied and feels hopeless, a brain damaged person or mentally incapable person), but not exactly here. I don't think anyone should be joking about it at this point, but I don't want to celebrate anything Jovan ever accomplished in his career.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-01-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually don't consider suicide a form of cowardice, generally speaking. :\

Old 12-01-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's incredibly selfish. Cowards are pedophiles, women beaters, rapists and what not(at least in my imaginary book that I made up in my head)

for now, all we can clearly say is that Belcher is a murderer. That's a fact.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think there are certain situations where I would feel sympathy (euthanize someone, a young kid/teenager who has been bullied and feels hopeless, a brain damaged person or mentally incapable person), but not exactly here. I don't think anyone should be joking about it at this point, but I don't want to celebrate anything Jovan ever accomplished in his career.
I dont think anyone is saying to celebrate him, but I think there is a rush to judgement. By all prior accounts he was a good guy. If this was just him killing his GF and then killing himself to avoid the murder wrap, then fine. But if there is more to this, then I think it is too early.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Well I am most definitely not joking about it by any means, but I don't feel sorry for him. Like you said, I will probably feel a little ****** if it comes out that there was something seriously wrong with the dude, but as of right now I have no sympathy.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

From all accounts he is not the type of person to randomly just murder his girlfriend and then kill himself. Something WAS wrong. Something was going on that people couldn't see.

And the Chiefs got together and decided, as a group, to play the regularly scheduled game tomorrow, in case that wasn't reported here yet.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is getting delightfully personal and off-topic for a football board
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I think suicide is selfish and cowardice. But I wont call Belcher that until we know the full story.
If he was having some serious mental issues, then I wouldnt call him a coward.

Do you guys know anyone personally who has committed suicide?

I generally don't share information like this with strangers, but it feels pretty appropriate here.

When I was 16, my brother committed suicide. He was probably the least cowardly and least selfish person I've ever known. And no, I'm not just remembering him in a different light now that he's gone.

People make mistakes; they do stupid things for irrational reasons. But it doesn't make them a coward or selfish. Jovan Belcher may very well be a selfish coward, but committing suicide is not the reason why.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
From all accounts he is not the type of person to randomly just murder his girlfriend and then kill himself. Something WAS wrong. Something was going on that people couldn't see.

And the Chiefs got together and decided, as a group, to play the regularly scheduled game tomorrow, in case that wasn't reported here yet.
Sometimes people just snap. It happens. I don't personally necessarily think there is a lot of mental issues happening, but I'm hardly qualified to make a call like that. It sounds as though he might have been depressed though given the relationship troubles he'd been going through.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jovan Belcher ‏@Jovan_Belcher
Before Jovan killed himself he called me (agent) saying, "Please make sure my beautiful daughter lives the best life possible. I love her."
Old 12-01-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post

I generally don't share information like this with strangers, but it feels pretty appropriate here.

When I was 16, my brother committed suicide. He was probably the least cowardly and least selfish person I've ever known. And no, I'm not just remembering him in a different light now that he's gone.

People make mistakes; they do stupid things for irrational reasons. But it doesn't make them a coward or selfish. Jovan Belcher may very well be a selfish coward, but committing suicide is not the reason why.
I don't think it is a universal rule that it is.
I am willing to bet your brother had a lot going on.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No one should honor what Jovan Belcher did today. No one. What he did was despicable at best and downright disgusting to most of us.

The fact that some of you decide to joke about what happened or act holier than thou is the stuff that is pissing me off personally. Yeah, he did a ****** thing, but from all accounts he wasn't a ****** guy.

In the end, prayers to the families and the players who knew him as someone else. They're the ones hurting right now.
Vidae, you shouldn't be shocked that a good amount of people here, on this board of all places, are coming off as dirtbags with some of their comments.

It was only a matter of time before someone made some dumb joke. People have done it here with celebrities that have died.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Before Jovan killed himself he called me (agent) saying, "Please make sure my beautiful daughter lives the best life possible. I love her."
Ugh. Ughhhhhhhhh. The irony.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
wait, why is his agent using the guys twitter?

edit: nevermind, just checked.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post

You're probably the last person I would want to get into an argument about with it because I know the people who are close to the person are the ones who end up hurting the most, those are the people I feel sorry for and pray for.

That is why I feel people who commit suicide are selfish. What is more selfish than that? Running away from your problems and what not, yeah sure...but at the extent of everyone that has ever loved you...you put them in more pain than you could ever imagine just because things are going bad for you?

Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
wait, why is his agent using the guys twitter?

edit: nevermind, just checked.
It appears that his only twitter post was today and it was by his agent. Here is an article, his facebook, and twitter:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nt-crazy-wrong

https://www.facebook.com/jovan.belcher

https://twitter.com/Jovan_Belcher

Edit: His Facebook is now unavailable.
Closed Thread