Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yfs, bro, someone on reddit said Geno is a jerk so he's undraftable now. I'm not only taking him off my big board, but I'm burning the card with his name on it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
yfs, bro, someone on reddit said Geno is a jerk so he's undraftable now. I'm not only taking him off my big board, but I'm burning the card with his name on it.

In all srsnss, this isn't cool. Thoughts and prayers with the coach he tried to knock over. Hope his injuries aren't too srs.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I get the sarcasm but even if accounts are widely exaggerated you still gotta be wary of his attitude. Just like when he was pouty when his team was being destroyed by TT.

I'm simply saying teams should put a lot of stock in his interview.

Out of the top qbs in the NFL right now, very few if any have maturity issues on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
An opposing fan's biggest complaint was the behavior of the other team's QB down on the field??lol
It's not just Tech fans though. The WVU fans seem to agree he has a bit of a diva complex. They're less attached to him than they are to Ford Childress.

Last edited by soybean : 11-26-2012 at 02:09 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I don't like this guy but it's pretty funny that he had ONE incompletion today.

23/24 407 yards 3 tds 1 int.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of his passes hit the ground today.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to be an unspectacular, run of the mill bust.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
He's going to be an unspectacular, run of the mill bust.
Dude, can I get the next powerball numbers?

Old 12-01-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bust doesn't mean mediocre NFL QB.
Bust means said player just can't play in the league at any competent level, no matter who he's surrounded by on offense.

I'd really like to know what you see on gamedays that tells you definitely Geno Smith will bust.

He's accurate and typically makes the right decision with football. He's got a strong arm and generally sees the field well.

No analysis is not analytical or credible.
You can't call someone a future bust because you don't like the way they look to you.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, can I get the next powerball numbers?
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought someone would comment in this again. Due has torn up terrible teams and sucked against decent/good teams. Good luck
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Thought someone would comment in this again. Due has torn up terrible teams and sucked against decent/good teams. Good luck
I think "sucked" is a strong and inaccurate word. He had a bad 3 game stretch vs. Texas Tech, KState and TCU. Not all those teams are good. In fact only KState would qualify as "good". He had pretty good games against ranked Texas, OK State and Oklahoma. And he had good games in 2011 vs. national title runner up LSU and dominated the bowl game vs. Clemson.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
I think "sucked" is a strong and inaccurate word. He had a bad 3 game stretch vs. Texas Tech, KState and TCU. Not all those teams are good. In fact only KState would qualify as "good". He had pretty good games against ranked Texas, OK State and Oklahoma. And he had good games in 2011 vs. national title runner up LSU and dominated the bowl game vs. Clemson.
Just bc Texas is ranked means nothing. The big 12 is overrated and besides probably Kansas state , lacks quality defensive play.

You can put Lsu performance but there is an argument that they were playing behind the whole game to the point they never were really in it.

Clemson? Impressive performance against an overrated team from a conference that's extremely weak.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So in your words he had a bad three game stretch against one good defense and two bad defenses - that sounds even more troubling that he couldn't get it done against bad defenses (using your arguement here). He is the beneficiary of having two really good WRs who usually rack up the YAC for him.

LSU he was playing from behind and they lost the game. I am glad there are a few others that aren't drinking the Geno Smith kool-aid on this site.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Do you guys remember when RG3 and Baylor lost three games in October? And barely beat KU in overtime?

It's December. Chill out.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
So in your words he had a bad three game stretch against one good defense and two bad defenses - that sounds even more troubling that he couldn't get it done against bad defenses (using your arguement here). He is the beneficiary of having two really good WRs who usually rack up the YAC for him.

LSU he was playing from behind and they lost the game. I am glad there are a few others that aren't drinking the Geno Smith kool-aid on this site.
My guess is, that playing in the NFL, he will have some good receivers to throw to.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

All I'm saying is if ur a team looking for a franchise qb this isn't the year to invest especially at the top of the draft.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post

And the QB throwing perfect passes that they can run with isn't any help at all. You haven't given any valid reason why you don't think he will be any good other than a hunch you have.

As for the LSU game, every team was playing behind LSU last year, and none of them had the success throwing the ball that Smith did.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the QB throwing perfect passes that they can run with isn't any help at all. You haven't given any valid reason why you don't think he will be any good other than a hunch you have.

As for the LSU game, every team was playing behind LSU last year, and none of them had the success throwing the ball that Smith did.
I have actually given reasons as to why I am not high on him as a prospect - look back through the thread.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
All I'm saying is if ur a team looking for a franchise qb this isn't the year to invest especially at the top of the draft.
Yeah, it wasn't worth it in 2008 with Ryan or 2009 with Stafford either. I have yet to see an actual reason for this line of thinking instead of "well I just don't like them!" which is all people are saying.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, it wasn't worth it in 2008 with Ryan or 2009 with Stafford either. I have yet to see an actual reason for this line of thinking instead of "well I just don't like them!" which is all people are saying.
Just turn on the film and tell me how u can be impressed with this class? If I wasn't on my phone I'd lay out a breakdown which I will at seasons end but there is no clear number 1 qb and the fact matt Barkley is in the conversation for the top qb says this class is weak.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Just turn on the film and tell me how u can be impressed with this class? If I wasn't on my phone I'd lay out a breakdown which I will at seasons end but there is no clear number 1 qb and the fact matt Barkley is in the conversation for the top qb says this class is weak.
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who strongly believes that Barkley is in the conversation for top anything. His stock has been freefalling all year and even more so after the injury.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
There is no clear #1 means nothing. Jamarcus Russell was a clear #1. Vince Young, David Carr, Heath Shuler, etc. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, hell for some odd reason people even thought it was debatable to draft Ryan Leaf ahead of Peyton Manning.

The film shows me that Geno Smith throws with very good accuracy and velocity. Goes thru multiple reads. Throws a beautiful deep ball and is very mobile.

The film shows me that Tyler Wilson has a cannon for an arm. Can "make all the throws". Is very mobile. Is a leader with great toughness.

Maybe neither of them is Andrew Luck, RG3, or Matt Ryan, but both have the tools to be successful NFL QBs. And if a team is picking at the top of the draft, they probably don't have successful QBs. You can't pass up these guys waiting for the next Luck to come along.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There may be no 'can't miss' QB prospects, but there are still a handful of guys worth taking a chance on with the 1/1 pick.

It's a calculated gamble drafting a QB first overall that you hope pans out.
There are no guarantees when you're trying to find a franchise QB in the draft.

Otherwise guys like Brees/Brady/Rodgers/Roethlisberger/Romo all would have been top 5 picks.

IMO Geno Smith is worth that gamble at 1/1 as much as any other QB in this class.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no clear #1 means nothing. Jamarcus Russell was a clear #1. Vince Young, David Carr, Heath Shuler, etc. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, hell for some odd reason people even thought it was debatable to draft Ryan Leaf ahead of Peyton Manning.

The film shows me that Geno Smith throws with very good accuracy and velocity. Goes thru multiple reads. Throws a beautiful deep ball and is very mobile.

The film shows me that Tyler Wilson has a cannon for an arm. Can "make all the throws". Is very mobile. Is a leader with great toughness.

Maybe neither of them is Andrew Luck, RG3, or Matt Ryan, but both have the tools to be successful NFL QBs. And if a team is picking at the top of the draft, they probably don't have successful QBs. You can't pass up these guys waiting for the next Luck to come along.
Those are my top two guys as well. Why are people so down on this years QB class? It's gotta be because Luck and RG3 came out last year. Of course this years class is gonna pale in comparison, but if I were a team in need of a QB at the top of the draft I'd be happy to draft either of these guys. I have them ranked over guys like Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton, and Tannehill coming out of college. Are they the top 2 overall prospects in this draft class? Absolutely not. But it's a fact of life that QBs are going to be picked early in every NFL draft. You expect me to believe that fans of the Chiefs or Cardinals would be happier going in to next year with Cassel and Quinn or Skelton, Kolb, and Lindley at QB than with either Smith or Wilson? I doubt it. Let's say they grab a better defensive or o-lineman prospect this year. In what year do they grab that "can't miss QB prospect"? Who you aren't guaranteed to get anyways... Who all are you guys high on in the foreseeable future (let's say the next 2-3 years) as a franchise QB coming out of college?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

The new CBA is a good thing because it will allow a team a little more flexibility rather than drafting for safest prospect (i know i'm beating a dead horse). Right now I would say the top 5 players in the draft are not QBs - they are Jarvis Jones, Luke Joeckel, Star Loutilei, Bjorn Werner and Manti Teo (sp?).

The Chiefs are one team that does not have the luxury to draft another d-line man this high in the draft. They will obviously be going QB - the decision is going to be who - all this will obviously work itself out during the senior bowl/combine/pro days.

The people who are Geno Smith fans really seem to fail to acknowledge any of his shortcomings which irks me. All they say is he is as good as anyone and is worthy of consideration for the 1st overall pick. It does make for fun debate though and this is probably going to be one of the deepest QB classes in years.

Glennon, Wilson, Barkley, Smith and Jones all are probable 1st round picks. Guys like Manuel, Dysert and Nassib are all intriguing guys that project as 2nd/3rd round guys so their is going to be some flexibility with teams trading down since this is such a deep QB draft and as of now all the top players are not QBs. Its going to be a fluid situation and we won't know in february that the chiefs/jags are going qb or going to trade down since a solid QB choice will be available.