Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I don't get is how Florida gets a bcs bowl bid over Georgia?

That was a heck of a game. Notre dame fans claim they played more bowl eligible teams but the sec is 10x better than the acc big 10 and big east opponents the Irish faced.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well as much as it sucks that a team UGA beat will get a BCS bid over them it's all because Florida will finish top 4 in the final standings and their wins over LSU, South Carolina & FSU are hard to ignore.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Hollingsworth89
Rookie

Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
What I don't get is how Florida gets a bcs bowl bid over Georgia?

That was a heck of a game. Notre dame fans claim they played more bowl eligible teams but the sec is 10x better than the acc big 10 and big east opponents the Irish faced.
The same way UGA played in the SEC title game despite getting waxed by South Carolina - it's called a better record.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Hollingsworth89
Rookie

Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.Hollingsworth89 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
That's actually a good weapon to have. You never want to give Nick Saban a lot of time to prepare for an opponent, but I think his teams can be caught sleeping.
Like when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
If I were a ND fan, I'd hope Alabama gained the sense that they had the championship already won as the clock hit 0:00 in Atlanta tonight. It'd certainly magnify the chip on ND's shoulder.
That, of course, was a huge problem when beating the FAVORED Gators in 2009, right? Those players are seniors now.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't understand the conference pride thing. I would never root for a team in the same conference/division to win the championship. That's just a general rule of life. I sure as hell wouldn't be trying to claim some sort of victory on a message board if that happened.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Conference pride is a joke. Hating your rivals is the only way to go.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I just don't understand the conference pride thing. I would never root for a team in the same conference/division to win the championship. That's just a general rule of life. I sure as hell wouldn't be trying to claim some sort of victory on a message board if that happened.
You're just jealous of the SEC.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
You're just jealous of the SEC.
True. I don't have the SEC speedzzz.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the SEC to do well because it's good for recruiting. I want to watch the best players in the country and I want my favorite team to be pressured to compete with the best competition. Also, I like how it makes fans from the north angry. For decades they could ignore the SEC while the New York and Chicago Media told them the Big 10 and Notre Dame were the ebst.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollingsworth89 View Post
Like when?

That, of course, was a huge problem when beating the FAVORED Gators in 2009, right? Those players are seniors now.
Say hello to Utah.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I want the SEC to do well because it's good for recruiting. I want to watch the best players in the country and I want my favorite team to be pressured to compete with the best competition. Also, I like how it makes fans from the north angry. For decades they could ignore the SEC while the New York and Chicago Media told them the Big 10 and Notre Dame were the ebst.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...Big 10 and Notre Dame were the ebst.
Quote:
...Notre Dame were the ebst.
Quote:
the ebst.
Quote:
ebst.
Graduated from an SEC school?

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

BTW, I like this guy's take that the OSU bowl ban is costing bowls and their host cities millions of dollars. Subbing OSU for NIU is a huge $$$ swing.

Quote:
Did TP/Tat5/JT/Gene Smith ruin the BCS this year?

In a roundabout way? yes. maybe the NCAA ruined it with by doing a bowl ban in the first place. but there's no doubt that TV ratings and bowl ticket sales will be hurt almost across the board because of OSU's absence this year

without OSU?
1 ND - 2 Alabama
3 Florida - 22 Louisville
7 Stanford - Wisconsin
4 Oregon - 5 KState
12 FSU- 16 NIU

with OSU?

BCSNC - 2 Ohio State - 1 Notre Dame
Sugar - 3 Alabama - 12 Oklahoma
Rose - 8 Stanford - 4 Florida
Fiesta - 6 KState - 5 Oregon
Orange - 13 Florida State - 23 Louisville

(NIU bumped out because OSU would push them to 17th)

With OSU but OSU in the Rose?

BCSNCG - 1 Notre Dame - 2 Alabama
Rose - 3 Ohio State - 8 Stanford
Sugar - 4 Florida - 12 Oklahoma
Fiesta - 6 KState - 5 Oregon
Orange - 13 Florida State - 23 Louisville

that bowl ban over tattoos and the coverup is going to end up costing millions upon millions of dollars to these bowls and the cities that host them.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
You think our boy Halsey is a Lynyrd Skynrd fan?
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I guess you just have your own language, because I have no idea what thats supposed to mean.
Apparently we do. The strange thing is, Notre Dame is often awarded for its academics, and the SEC is often ridiculed for its lack of such. Yet, when I say I'd somewhat like to see another straight football national title, you amusingly interpret that as a prediction, rather than the simple statement it was, despite nothing indicating your position.

To repeat; It's kind of nice to say the SEC won another straight national championship. That being said, now that Georgia has lost, I could really care less. Perhaps now you'll understand the first sentence was a mere statement, and not the prediction you may have hoped it to be, but I guess we'll see.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole lets SEC conference fan boi mentality does crack me up - just root for your team because it is a couple of teams that have carried the conference - it's not like the conference is tough from top to bottom. They schedule cupcake out of conference games because "they beat up on each other week in and week out".
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this whining doesn't change the fact that the SEC is the best conference.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All this whining doesn't change the fact that the SEC is the best conference.
I am not whining - just stating fact. It is a top heavy conference for sure with some great teams at the top but also has its perennial doormats as well and the out of conference games are more often than not cupcakes.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Name a conference in which all the teams are strong every year and all non-conference games are played vs top competition.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
The whole lets SEC conference fan boi mentality does crack me up - just root for your team because it is a couple of teams that have carried the conference - it's not like the conference is tough from top to bottom. They schedule cupcake out of conference games because "they beat up on each other week in and week out".
We root because your bowl games are our weekly schedule.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread hurts to much to read
Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
To repeat; It's kind of nice to say the SEC won another straight national championship. That being said, now that Georgia has lost, I could really care less. Perhaps now you'll understand the first sentence was a mere statement, and not the prediction you may have hoped it to be, but I guess we'll see.
You're still saying that the SEC already won a championship, no one is hoping anything or trying to say you said this, that is what the sentence says with the tense you're using. I'm guessing you mean "It WOULD be nice to say the SEC won another straight national championship"?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cigaro, pls admit you worded that wrong both times and let's move on.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
We root because your bowl games are our weekly schedule.
Hey the we beat up on each other every week argument!!! I didn't see that one coming
Old 12-02-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Name a conference in which all the teams are strong every year and all non-conference games are played vs top competition.
That's the point I was trying to get at. All conferences have good teams and bad teams and schedule cupcakes. The SEC fans just don't seem to grasp that. And it's funny to me that out of all the BCS championships that have been won by either Florida, Alabama or LSU and the fluke Auburn year. Yet Carolina, Georgia, Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Kentucky fans all latch onto the SEC is better than everyone else thing when their teams have not won anything. I leave out Texas A&M and Missouri since their fans haven't been fully initiated into SEC homerism. A&M also came into the SEC with a more wide open Big 12 type offense and was able to run it well against all those vaunted SEC defenses.

Right now Saban and Miles are master recruiters - they get the biggest, strongest fastest guys and over power other teams. They just both so happen to do it at SEC schools. Florida also won due to great recruiting under Meyer. Other than that it's a lot of schools with up and down records just like any other conference. The SEC right now is Alabama/LSU and every body else.