Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-22-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Ponder was simply horrible yesterday. You can blame the OL all you want, but there's no way we can hold on to any playoff spot when he plays like that. Bad throws, bad decisions, bad mobility, bad everything. I don't think he made a single positive play the entire game. We were extremely lucky that Arizona's offense is as bad as it is.

As good as Ponder looked early on in the season, I'm worried that he's regressing again.
Yup. The OL wasn't good, but there's no way you can blame his performance on the OL or the play calling for that matter. My only complaint with the play calling was I'd have liked to have seen a screen or two for Harvin which has worked so well, but I'm glad that rode Peterson as he was damn good. The silver lining in all this is that Arizona's defense is damn good, and you have to give them credit where it's due.

The good news was that we still won the game despite it being ugly. Last year's team couldn't/didn't do that despite many chances with all the close games we played.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder sucked, I'm not solely blaming the O-line. Why can't it be both? I have little doubt we would have thrown for more than 54 yards if Ponder had more than 2 seconds to throw on any given play.

The Cards pass rush killed us and the blitz pickup was pretty damn pathetic too.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Ponder sucked, I'm not solely blaming the O-line. Why can't it be both? I have little doubt we would have thrown for more than 54 yards if Ponder had more than 2 seconds to throw on any given play.

The Cards pass rush killed us and the blitz pickup was pretty damn pathetic too.
Ehhh...I thought the OL was bad, but a high percentage of it was on Ponder. He's also in charge of changing the protection to pick up those blitzes, so that falls on him too. Plus, he stood in the pocket too long several times when there were lanes for him to step up or out. It wasn't the OL's fault at all that he decided to make those two stupid throws that turned into picks, which should have hurt more than they did only leading to 7 points instead of the 10 that it should have, and going into the half up 14-7 is a different feeling than 14-10 with them adding points right before the half when they shouldn't have had a chance. In the first 4 games, Ponder would have taken the sack or just thrown it away in those situations, and that was what was leading to so much praise, but over the past 3 games, he's reverted back to taking stupid risks in situations like that. That and he was earning praise for converting on third downs, of which they went 1 for 10 yesterday. I'm not saying it's all on Ponder, but a huge chunk of it is.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Cook is out 7 to 8 weeks

Actually broke his arm

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an absolute nightmare. Things could not have gone any worse.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn that sucks.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance there's enough in the budget to re-sign Harvin and sign Mike Wallace as a UFA this offseason? Steelers aren't going to franchise him according to Jason La Canfora. Could use either Wallace or Dwayne Bowe.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had what, $9mil in cap space to start the season? With however many contracts we have expiring, the cap space is certainly there. The question becomes how much does it hurt our depth for next season, and who might be up for resigning the next couple years after that we might need the extra space to keep.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Jared Allen a FA next year as well? I would love to get either Wallace or Bowe.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Isn't Jared Allen a FA next year as well? I would love to get either Wallace or Bowe.
No, he's signed through next year. Getting 14 mil.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want us to win. Its nice to not be a doormat team in the NFL. And I of course am super critical at times. But for those who are overly negative all the time, just remember that this team was only suppose to win maybe 6 games tops this season.

This team from last year is improved in almost every area. It looks like right now we had a strong draft. I guess I read some stuff on other more "casual" forums and people are so negative all the time. Jesus lighten up people. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I want us to win. Its nice to not be a doormat team in the NFL. And I of course am super critical at times. But for those who are overly negative all the time, just remember that this team was only suppose to win maybe 6 games tops this season.

This team from last year is improved in almost every area. It looks like right now we had a strong draft. I guess I read some stuff on other more "casual" forums and people are so negative all the time. Jesus lighten up people. lol
Yeah we do have some pessimistic people on here. I thought the Vikings were only going to win 4 games this whole year and beating the Niners was huge. Im just hoping we can go 2-4 in the last six games and go 8-8 at the worst. Even if we don't make the playoffs, this season is a success and a step in the right direction for our young team.

Also Ray Edwards was cut today. Good thing we didnt pay him that huge contract like the Falcons.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the beginning of the year I thought the Vikings would go 6-10. Now they are 6-4 at the bye week, so my expectations have changed slightly. I'd love to see them make a run at the playoffs (and will be rooting for them to do so), but will try not to lose sight on the fact they've already doubled their win total from last year with a still flawed team.

Right now if I had to guess, I think they'll finish 8-8. I think they can beat St. Louis and they'll take one of their final four games against Chicago or Green Bay, probably a home one.

But I hope I am wrong and they do much better than that!
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm super pumped for a bye this week. We need it going into this stretch.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im curios to see how they work Jarius Wright into the offense with Percy back after the bye.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im curios to see how they work Jarius Wright into the offense with Percy back after the bye.
The way Carlson run blocked last game, I doubt Wright gets in the game if Harvin is healthy. Guy was a monster sealing off the edge. Bill Musgrave has made it pretty known that he loves the Ace set in terms of the running game.

Perhaps he'll get some burn if Frazier decides he actually wants a vertical threat outside and sits the Aromashadu/Jenkins platoon that has been nothing short of awful this season.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what are the chances of Adrian averaging 138.5 yards the next 4 games to get to 2000 yards?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears/Rams/Texans/Packers down the stretch? I'd say that's a high average to get, but I don't think I'd ever doubt Peterson could do it.

Today was kind of the tipping point with me on Ponder. I went from "He's a young QB, he should improve to" to "Quit making the same mistakes over and over and over and over." He just has no ability to stay in the pocket and go through his reads. He looks at his first read and if it's not there, he panics and messes up his footing. He needs to start showing some legitimate progression, or the Vikings are in the same boat they've been in for the past countless years: Looking for a franchise QB.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Also, I don't see a Pack/Vikes gameday thread amongst the Vikings (And I don't think the Packers fans will care about my Viking-sided rants), so I guess here's a good spot for this.

Offense
- Adrian Peterson is a man. Just a straight up man. Nothing else needs to be said there.
- Kyle Rudolph is certainly a cornerstone for this offense now and going forward, but the other collection of stiffs in the receiving core (I'm looking at you Jenkins, Aromashodu, Burton) need to hit the road. The struggles in the passing game aren't fully on the QB or receivers, but they are both doing pretty terrible right now.
- One more Ponder thought. He seems really easy to rattle. Games where he starts quick (See wins against Detroit, SF) he plays pretty well. Games where the Vikings don't, it carries over for the whole damn game.

Defense
- Defense played pretty well I thought, better than I anticipated. They were on the field way too long and to only give up 23 points against Green Bay was a pleasant surprise.
- Harrison Smith is a keeper. Guy is all over the place and is a solid tackler.

Special Teams
- Walsh's miss was the official nail in the coffin of the game, but he hasn't missed much so I can't really get too upset. Hopefully it's not a carryover kind of thing. (He has missed kicks in each of the past two games)

Overall, QB and WRs need to get their damn heads on straight. If not, this season could end up really ugly.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

The thing i'm nervous about down the road is this: Do the vikings drop a bunch of money in a big name WR as a weapon for Ponder? I'm getting the feeling that most of the vikings fanbase is getting pretty tired of ponder making silly mistakes. The throw across his body that was picked off in the endzone was what he has been doing all year.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Yeah I would love to see Ponder with a deep threat but If he keeps making these stupid ass throws then I highly doubt we see that. The only big deep threat in FA I would like is Bowe but he will be asking a lot I'm sure.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Im pretty sure that Spielman wont spend a bunch of money on a free agent WR. I think they will probably do something to address it via the draft or maybe sign some lower tier guys. Molassas Mike, Jerome Simpson, Devin Aromasasasadu, Stephon Burton. Im so over these guys. Outside of Percy and Jaruis Wright, I wouldnt care if they cleaned house on this group.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Im pretty sure that Spielman wont spend a bunch of money on a free agent WR. I think they will probably do something to address it via the draft or maybe sign some lower tier guys. Molassas Mike, Jerome Simpson, Devin Aromasasasadu, Stephon Burton. Im so over these guys. Outside of Percy and Jaruis Wright, I wouldnt care if they cleaned house on this group.
Yeah, we obviously want to surround Ponder with the best talent possible, but at what point does a QB finally say, "Okay, I've got what I need".. he's got the best RB, best slot WR, a very solid TE, and a decent enough OL to be successful yet he has progressively gotten worse and worse as the season has went along. Sure, he doesn't have a deep threat, but teams have gotten along just fine without one if the QB is good enough. Ponder isn't, and it's time to start evaluating other options. That pick across his body was the straw that broke the camel's back, to me. You're on the road, in a virtual must win game, and you make literally the only play that you CANNOT make.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I think what also makes Ponder play so frustrating is that when he is on and having a good game, he can be very accurate and play very smart. But good lord when he is off he is terrible. lol

Kinda reminds me of Rex Grossman, just minus the arm strength.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Yeah, we obviously want to surround Ponder with the best talent possible, but at what point does a QB finally say, "Okay, I've got what I need".. he's got the best RB, best slot WR, a very solid TE, and a decent enough OL to be successful yet he has progressively gotten worse and worse as the season has went along. Sure, he doesn't have a deep threat, but teams have gotten along just fine without one if the QB is good enough. Ponder isn't, and it's time to start evaluating other options. That pick across his body was the straw that broke the camel's back, to me. You're on the road, in a virtual must win game, and you make literally the only play that you CANNOT make.
I agree. I don't want to say bench Ponder yet... But I really think it is getting very close to that time. I'm curious to see if the files bring a QB in during FA to compete with ponder

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.