Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
She's been great. Really the only one on that side of the show that acts as the voice of reason. Abu Nazir killing her would be huge revenge for Brody turning on him. Not to mention it could be enough to get Jess to leave. Only problem is it leaves Brody with literally nothing, except Carrie.
So the twist then is Carrie works with Nazir to make this happen to drive Brody right in her arms.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So the twist then is Carrie works with Nazir to make this happen to drive Brody right in her arms.
No way. We've seen Carrie stretch the rules to get what she wants but never anything like that. Carrie's obsession with getting Nazir has been as strong if not stronger that being with Brody. She'd never work with him. Not to mention he'd never risk it.

That would be a horribly dissapointing way to go.

I think Nazir realizes he lost a lot of resources and hell start focusing on revenge against Brody rather than a major attack. Brody and Carrie vs Nazir looks like the main story to finish out the season.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Pretty sure Galvez is dead.
Last thing we heard about Galvez was Quinn praising Galvez as a good agent and telling Saul "I hope he makes it", so i'm not so sure he's dead. He may make a full recovery later this season or next season.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No way. We've seen Carrie stretch the rules to get what she wants but never anything like that. Carrie's obsession with getting Nazir has been as strong if not stronger that being with Brody. She'd never work with him. Not to mention he'd never risk it.

I think Nazir realizes he lost a lot of resources and hell start focusing on revenge against Brody rather than a major attack. Brody and Carrie vs Nazir looks like the main story to finish out the season.
he was being facetious.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I thought the thought of that was so outlandish that everyone could see the sarcasm in it.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The end of the season is just going to be someone from Washington doing an internal review of the CIA, saying "Holy **** are these people ********? this is the embodiment of incompetency." Then everyone in the CIA will get fired and Brody will get arrested. This will all happen as Nezir is caught and season 3 will be Brody and Nezir as prison roommates in an educational program about Islam.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I thought the thought of that was so outlandish that everyone could see the sarcasm in it.
Apparently I missed out on that.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now THAT was a ******* episode. God damn.

- Galvez being alive. Yay that.

- The scenes between Brody/Nazir, Nazir/Carrie, Brody/Nazir.. all fan ******* tastic.

- The next two episodes are going to be CRAZY.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like this show is trending into a 24 like direction.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I feel like this show is trending into a 24 like direction.
I felt like that since season 1.

Who the fak doesn't tell superiors that an American soldier has been turned?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Riveting ******* television. Loved that episode.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such an amazing episode.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I felt like that since season 1.

Who the fak doesn't tell superiors that an American soldier has been turned?
Even in the first episode she says they didn't even know there were any prisoners of war. She thought it was bad intel.

This episode was awesome. Yet again. Brody and Walden was an awesome scene.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ******* balls this episode. Also, Brody, what did you mean by it trailing off into a 24 like direction? (never seen 24)
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're just taking incredible chances with plausibility, and it's getting worse as the plot moves along. Carrie has no gun, but she's going to go back into that warehouse alone to try to confront the world's most dangerous terrorist, who has a loaded gun? She's an intel analyst, not an ops agent. I understand she probably doesn't want Nazir to get away, but c'mon, the CIA is less than 10 minutes away from her most likely. Just wait outside the building to see if he leaves, and clear the inside later once backup arrives. Common sense. And Galvez, who according to the show was on his death bed, apparently can walk just fine and only has his arm in a sling after being shot how many days ago in the series world?

Ever since Brody magically knew Nazir's operatives cellphone to warn him about the pending attack in Beirut, this show has taken somewhat of a "Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense" turn.

I don't mind that much, because the acting is so brilliant, but part of what drew me in to the first season so hard was the down to earth nature that the show appeared to have. To keep the show fresh and exciting, I understand that maybe this needed to happen, but part of me was hoping they could repeat that feat in season 2.

As far as the Saul/Estes plotline, my thinking has changed in that I think Estes/Quinn/Adal will set Saul up as the mole these last two episodes, and he will have to worm his way out of that for the start of season 3 or something.

ps: Do people want me to tag this stuff in spoilers? Thought it was okay since the title of the thread has ** SPOILERS ** in it, but I understand if people want me to.

Last edited by djp : 12-03-2012 at 10:24 AM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get where people are coming from, but I don't see the plot holes as that big of a deal.. yet. If it continues to get sillier I might have a problem with it, but for now I can sort of ignore some of that stuff because of how good the acting overall is.

And I wouldn't worry about putting stuff in spoilers. If people click on a thread that says **SPOILERS** and get annoyed at reading spoilers, they're dumb.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

As of now I'm willing to believe anything they've given us. All seems somewhat plausible. It's tv, if there can even be a halfway decent explanation it's enough for me, just so long as its not ignored.

But with how good each and every one of these episodes has been this season, I can't complain. Just incredible tv.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** me that was intense.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saul what happened?

I wanted Brody to say to Walden, so badly. I know what you did, the children you killed, I was there.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
saul what happened?

I wanted Brody to say to Walden, so badly. I know what you did, the children you killed, I was there.
I think Walden spending his last living moments wondering why Brody was killing him is even better. Dude had to have done a ton of bad **** so I am sure he was going through it all in his head. I thought it was kind of perfect how Brody handled that.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Just a great scene. I loved watching Brody go from looking scared and a little lost to coming to terms with killing him. The writers coming up with an idea that let us get to see Brody and Walden interact like that was great.

Brody telling Walden he was killing him was one of the many highlights of this season. Just another major triumphant moment for him.

And Carrie chasing after Nazir isn't strange or even out of character. We've seen her take risks in order to maybe gain a shred of intel. Her reaction to trying to make sure the terrorist she's obsessed with gets caught is understandable. Not to mention Carrie is crazy.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Just a great scene. I loved watching Brody go from looking scared and a little lost to coming to terms with killing him. The writers coming up with an idea that let us get to see Brody and Walden interact like that was great.

Brody telling Walden he was killing him was one of the many highlights of this season. Just another major triumphant moment for him.

And Carrie chasing after Nazir isn't strange or even out of character. We've seen her take risks in order to maybe gain a shred of intel. Her reaction to trying to make sure the terrorist she's obsessed with gets caught is understandable. Not to mention Carrie is crazy.
This is my thinking. Place was dark to so I think she thought she could either sneak up on him or at least see how he was escaping. You could see the obsession in her eyes when she was gagged and bound, no way was she waiting for backup. I mean it wasn't long ago that she ran back to grab papers at great risk to herself and that was just for potentially some documents that could have helped.

Anyone else think Brody is into Nazir because Nazir is the only one who calls him by his first name? I love the way he says Nicholas, it;s enchanting.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The dialogue between Nazir and Carrie was outfuckingstanding. I believed everything Nazir was saying.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

I think my favourite part of the episode was when Nazir asked Brody to get the number off of the pacemaker machine and told him where he could find it and Brody was like "How the **** do you know this?"
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The dialogue between Nazir and Carrie was outfuckingstanding. I believed everything Nazir was saying.
It was pretty spectacular. Loved what he said about America being terrorists.