Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
And he had a slow start. Could easily be on pace for 2100 yards.
Exactly, plus he has been injured all year. Just unreal what he has been able to do with Stafford having some really terribly games and always being doubled.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not trying to downplay the season CJ is having, but Yards to me are vastly overrated. Im more of a TD kind of guy and Randy Moss's Season was tops for me.

You can have a 99 yard reception and with out that extra yard it doesnt mean much. And alot of times the yards will help move the team into scoring position but the Lions dont have a running game to finish off these drives, Petigrew has stone hands... so if CJ isnt scoring with all of these yards the lions are not usually putting TD's on the board.

If there was a player with 20 yards but all of those were 1 yard endzone grabs i would take that over a 1900 yard season with 10 TD's

Points win games..
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't score points without getting down the field. Both are important.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
If there was a player with 20 yards but all of those were 1 yard endzone grabs i would take that over a 1900 yard season with 10 TD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not trying to downplay the season CJ is having, but Yards to me are vastly overrated. Im more of a TD kind of guy and Randy Moss's Season was tops for me.

You can have a 99 yard reception and with out that extra yard it doesnt mean much. And alot of times the yards will help move the team into scoring position but the Lions dont have a running game to finish off these drives, Petigrew has stone hands... so if CJ isnt scoring with all of these yards the lions are not usually putting TD's on the board.

Points win games..
If you are looking at an isolated argument where the only thing that matters is points scored by that single player, then maybe but even then I'd still argue which is better. But it's pretty safe to assume that in most cases play of the player with 1900 yards led to more than 10 TDs in addition to his 10 throughout the season. That in my mind is greater than a player that has almost no impact outside of catching short TDs.

(not comparing that scenario to Megatron vs. AJ, just in general that argument).

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree i would prefer a complete season tons of yards and TD's..

But its like the years Brandon Marshal had with the broncos and Dolphins that really bothers me..Tons of Catches and Yards but didnt produce TD's.

Not saying this really applies as CJ produces TD's my point is hinting at the fact i think Randy Moss' season was more impressive as it had a more direct correlation to the Patriots winning than say a whole bunch or yards.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Points win games..
Actually, they kind of do. The Lions are tied for 3rd in the league in rushing touchdowns. Leshoure has seven rushing touchdowns, all from within 10 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/lions/20...-detroit-lions
Quote:
Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson only has one touchdown catch this season, after hauling in 16 scoring receptions a year ago. Lions.com blogger Tim Twentyman uncovered a big reason why that number is so low: Johnson has been stopped inside the 2-yard line on five occasions in 2012.
That article was on November 5th, and it may have happened a few times since.

In the last 16 games he has 2,199 yards receiving.

Also, this happened yesterday

Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gotta go with Rice as far as touchdowns are concerned. Moss technically has the touchdown record, but Rice's 1987 season with 22 touchdowns in 12 games is a little more impressive to me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
http://detroit.sbnation.com/lions/20...-detroit-lions

That article was on November 5th, and it may have happened a few times since.

In the last 16 games he has 2,199 yards receiving.

Also, this happened yesterday

That stat regarding being stopped inside the 2 yardline means nothing unless it is compared to the rest of the league.

We should be asking questions like:
How many other WRs have been stopped inside the 2 (or 5) yardline 5 or more times this season?
What percentage of Calvin Johnson's catches are stopped meat the goal line and how does that compare to the average for the league?
What type of tackles are being made on Johnson near the goal line?
Is Johnson being caught from behind or is Stafford throwing up a prayer only to have overthrow Johnson and see him make a falling catch near the goal line?
How many passes do the Lions attempt in the red zone and how does this compare to the NFL average?

Without this context, that stat means very little. The only thing it tells us is that CJ has gotten the Lions to the goal line 5 times this year.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

think of how awesome Rice would have been with all these rules offenses have now.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What CJ is on the verge of doing is one of the holy trinity of stats for a WR. No WR has ever had 2K yards receiving and that's not an accident. It's just too hard to do.

Take your pick, but IMO 2K receiving yards, 23 TD receptions and 143 catches are HOF type records.

AJ Green is having a nice season but he's nowhere close to the level of accomplishment Megatron is about to reach if he tops 2000 yards.

There's a strong possibility before Megatron retires he will own two of the NFL's triple crown for WRs.
I expect him to mount an assault on the TD record next.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
think of how awesome Rice would have been with all these rules offenses have now.
King baby. King.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
What CJ is on the verge of doing is one of the holy trinity of stats for a WR. No WR has ever had 2K yards receiving and that's not an accident. It's just too hard to do.

Take your pick, but IMO 2K receiving yards, 23 TD receptions and 143 catches are HOF type records.

AJ Green is having a nice season but he's nowhere close to the level of accomplishment Megatron is about to reach if he tops 2000 yards.

There's a strong possibility before Megatron retires he will own two of the NFL's triple crown for WRs.
I expect him to mount an assault on the TD record next.
Oh yes, Calvin is oozing with Hall of Fame potential. What do you consider the Triple Crown for receiving statistics though? What is done in a season? Or what is there when it's all said in done such as career touchdowns, career receiving yards, etc.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 04:05 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh yes, Calvin is oozing with Hall of Fame potential. What do you consider the Triple Crown for receiving statistics though? What is done in a season? Or what is there when it's all said in done such as career touchdowns, career receiving yards, etc.
I just meant for a single season.

Every other stat in the record book Jerry Rice is keeping in a lock box underneath his bed and he ain't sharing.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
He is also the 2nd receiver ever with 5 consecutive games of 125+ yds.
Who is the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Who is the other?
If you have to ask, it's either Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, or Don Hutson. And it's best to guess Rice.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If you have to ask, it's either Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, or Don Hutson. And it's best to guess Rice.
My first guess was going to be Taylor Price but those guys make way more sense now that I think about it

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who is the other?
Patrick Studstill
Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a total believer in calling Jerry Rice, the greatest ever, 2 HOF QB's and longevity helped a lot in setting his records, however, I will add that Jerry played in a far tougher era as far as rules are concerned although the invention of the WCO by Bill Walsh, something other NFL defenses didn't have a clue initially how to stop, certainly also played a part in Rice's records.

Judging any modern player as far as records are concerned, is a complete waste of time. It is a totally different game played today, hardly even resembling the pre 2000 era.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Not a total believer in calling Jerry Rice, the greatest ever, 2 HOF QB's and longevity helped a lot in setting his records, however, I will add that Jerry played in a far tougher era as far as rules are concerned although the invention of the WCO by Bill Walsh, something other NFL defenses didn't have a clue initially how to stop, certainly also played a part in Rice's records.

Judging any modern player as far as records are concerned, is a complete waste of time. It is a totally different game played today, hardly even resembling the pre 2000 era.
Moss played with Culpepper, who was great for a short period of time and Tom Brady. Let's not act like Moss never had a decent QB throwing him the ball.

The logevity argument is always stupid, but it is probably even more so this time. If you take Randy Moss's numbers and extrapolate them for as many games as Rice had, he would have 194 fewer receptions, 1723 yards, but he would have 18 more TDs.

Take it another way, let's just take Moss's numbers in from his rookie season through 2009 (the year before he dropped off substantially). That's 186 games. He had 926 receptions, 14465 yards, & 148 TDs. In Rice's first 186 games, 1037 receptions, 16265 yards, & 153 TDs. A difference of 111 receptions, 1800 yards, & 5 TDs. In other words, in the same number of games, Rice had the equivalent of one more GREAT season.

And like you said, Rice did it in an era that was less pass-friendly. Moss may be the most physically gifter receiver ever, but no matter how you slice it, Rice is a substantially better receiver.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to do a ton of fapping in this thread lol. A.J. is probably having the better year considering how impressive his TD streak was. But if Calvin breaks that receiving record he may get offensive player of the year. I think he may get 4 more TD's. He also has 8 100 yard games. The record is 11 by Irvin.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 12-04-2012 at 10:52 AM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Who is the other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
It's actually Pat Studstill in 1966. That was his one good year. No other time in his career did he break 480 yards receiving.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
He should be having a ****** season for being on the cover of madden.
His team isn't gonna make playoffs = cursed

If he made playoffs and they didn't win super bowl, point out 1 dropped pass = cursed

Win super bowl but not MVP = cursed

Win super bowl mvp but not league mvp = cursed

That my folks is how you do the madden curse.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Another thing I want to point out is the fact that the NFL is so pass heavy now that this to me isnt all that impressive, taking in account the team he plays on throws the ball 80% of the time... That being said he is having a great year but when looking at how records that have stood for 20 years(Marino's Yards and TD's, Rice's Yards and TD's) when you look at when those records were set in the time of workhorse backs and power football is what made those impressive.

But if you are throwing the ball 80% of the time no wonder how these records are falling.