Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im personally not on the Foles train. I feel that if we are going to be picking as high as we will and we have a shot at one of Wilson/Barkley/Smith (even though they are not big time prospects like most years) I say we go with one of them. I think they are better than Foles and would be great fits with our skill players.

Being a USC fan I watch Barkley every single week and while most would say he regressed....but I really dont think that is the case. Last year we truly ran our offense through the run game for the most part even though the stats may not show it, McNeal ran the rock early and often. In the 2nd half when play action and the passing game opened up is when we absolutely gashed teams. This year Kiffen gave him more responsibility in the offense and I feel that Kiffen and Barkley had this mindset of "heisman" even when they didnt need to. They could have stuck to last years game plan and he would have continued to go off. He forced the ball to Marqise Lee frequently (which is hard not to do because of his talent) and is often feeling the pressure of having to try and put up 40+ points because our defense is horrible. What I'm saying is if we go to a more traditional ground type offense or even just a basic west coast scheme that puts a big emphasis on the run game, Barkley would do great because we have the skill guys that can get YAC and make big plays if he gets the ball in their hands. He is very smart and has leadership intangibles that are hard to find. I compare him to Matt Ryan as a prospect and he would be in a Matt Ryan like situation here in Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally am not a fan of Barkley, never really was, if we're going to be picking that high and picking a QB, you want it to be a Franchise QB, I personally don't think Barkley is that type of QB. I realize we don't have a franchise QB right now either. But we've seen what happens to teams when they take a QB who isn't a Franchise QB that high. It sets the team back years. I'm more of a Geno Smith guy, honestly, even in the last few games, you see that he has more of a mental makeup to succeed at QB, particularly in Philly. He's a natural leader, and I just don't see that in Barkley at all. Wilson has that leader aspect to him as well, but he is going to need to work on his decision making. Personally, I'd be most happy if we got Geno out of that group, if it does come about that we are in need of a franchise QB. Wilson is going to be fun to watch develop wherever he goes, if he has good coaching he could be an absolutely great QB as well, but me not being a Barkley fan, I just see too much talent lacking in his arm and his confidence and mental makeup would make me a little worried, but that's just me. Ultimately, its all going to come down to how Foles performs the remainder of the season, draft position, and the new coaching staff. If we don't put the coaches in place to help our players reach their maximum potential, it doesn't matter who we pick. The changing of the entire regime is what I'm most nervous about with Andy being gone, whatever you can say about him in his time here, he brought continuity, and now that we don't have that, I'm having a hard time putting my confidence in this team for the future.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this year for us it becomes more a question of do we want to roll the dice on one of the QBs or do we take the sure thing in a guy like Joeckel? Honestly I think the best course of action for us with the way this class is shaping up would be to trade down and try to pick up another top 40 pick to give us three in total. The only problem is finding a trading partner who wants to move up and has the necessary picks.

Right now my wish list for round 1 looks like(in no particular order):

Joeckel, Lewan, Matthews, Warmack, Barrett Jones, Woods, Hunter, Banks, Rhodes, Milliner, McDonald

If we can grab two of those guys I would be ecstatic. Cincinatti has a couple picks in the top 40 with OAK's 2nd so that could be an option if they want to move into the top 10 and grab a stub.

As far as coaches are concerned the only guy out there I'd really be comfortable replacing Reid with at this point is Billick.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I think this year for us it becomes more a question of do we want to roll the dice on one of the QBs or do we take the sure thing in a guy like Joeckel? Honestly I think the best course of action for us with the way this class is shaping up would be to trade down and try to pick up another top 40 pick to give us three in total. The only problem is finding a trading partner who wants to move up and has the necessary picks.

Joeckel, Lewan, Matthews, Warmack, Barrett Jones, Woods, Hunter, Banks, Rhodes, Milliner, McDonald

If we can grab two of those guys I would be ecstatic. Cincinatti has a couple picks in the top 40 with OAK's 2nd so that could be an option if they want to move into the top 10 and grab a stub.

As far as coaches are concerned the only guy out there I'd really be comfortable replacing Reid with at this point is Billick.
Billick but not Gruden (dont know if he is a realistic option, im not just asking the question)?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

EaglesATW, Wilson is my favorite of the group most definitely but I see him going number 1 by the time we get to the draft. If he were available he would get my vote, though. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way about Geno is he is basically in the same situation as Barkley but in a worse defensive conference, yet he doesnt get near the criticism as Bark. Don't get me wrong I would not be upset with either of these 3 but I do feel like Geno is still riding the hype train from the Baylor game.

To question Barkley's confidence and mental makeup had me scratching my head as well. He is very advanced in those areas, his only real limitation is his arm (and maybe his height depending on what he officially measures in at.).

Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Its a sad state when I say I've already expected the Eagles will be at a high enough draft slot that trading down some could be a logical option already, lol, but I agree with you on that. I do like the idea of a lot of the guys you listed, but its all going to depend on the coaching staff that comes in and the schemes that'll be implemented.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Billick but not Gruden (dont know if he is a realistic option, im not just asking the question)?
I'd probably be fine with Gruden but Billick would be my top option at this point. I've just always been a fan of his and I think it would be a good fit for us. Not sure where he stands on a comeback though. The dream scenario has to be bringing in Billick as the head coach and then if Rex Ryan is let go by the Jets we might be able to recruit him to be our DC. He was hired by Billick in Baltimore and of course there's the family ties to Philly. I'm sure he'd love the chance to go head to head with his brother twice a year so we could be a frontrunner for his services.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
EaglesATW, Wilson is my favorite of the group most definitely but I see him going number 1 by the time we get to the draft. If he were available he would get my vote, though. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way about Geno is he is basically in the same situation as Barkley but in a worse defensive conference, yet he doesnt get near the criticism as Bark. Don't get me wrong I would not be upset with either of these 3 but I do feel like Geno is still riding the hype train from the Baylor game.

To question Barkley's confidence and mental makeup had me scratching my head as well. He is very advanced in those areas, his only real limitation is his arm (and maybe his height depending on what he officially measures in at.).
I'm not necessarily saying I think he's a puss, or anything like that, but he just doesn't show prominence in either aspect. He does fit the ball into some tight windows on his throws, considering his arm talent, but even more frequently you'll find he hasn't had the confidence in his deep ball at times that he should, and it has resulted in a more stagnant offense from SC, especially this season. Not all of it is his fault, but my main gripe is you don't see him able to have the consistent ability to minutely manipulate the pocket like either Smith or Wilson. His height isn't my gripe with him, there are many ways all kinds of players overcome lack of physical attributes, and once again, not saying he is lacking smarts or confidence or mental toughness completely, but they aren't prominent strong points of his game when you watch him, he is just average in those areas, from what I've seen, IMO, and objectively speaking, those aspects of his game are weaker than either Wilson or Smith. Overall out of Barkley I see a QB with adequate arm talent, physicality, and mental makeup. Adequate is a pretty decent way to describe him pretty much across the board, IMO, and if you are drafting a QB in the top 10 to be the future of your franchise, do you want an adequate QB, or do you use it somewhere else? These are the types of questions we are going to have to get used to in the near future for the Eagles, lol, and I don't look forward to it.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Todd, I would cum all over the place if we hired Billick and Ryan came along with him...however I think Ryan is going to get another head coaching job to be completely honest.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Not that I take the guys on PTI very seriously but one of them mentioned Jack Del Rio as a candidate for the Eagles job. The guy always had the Jaguars as a competitive team and is a good defensive mind. 4-3 background....not my choice but throw him into the discussion I suppose.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we released Babin (not surprising, he hasn't done ****) and DJax is now on IR.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game this season.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not that I take the guys on PTI very seriously but one of them mentioned Jack Del Rio as a candidate for the Eagles job. The guy always had the Jaguars as a competitive team and is a good defensive mind. 4-3 background....not my choice but throw him into the discussion I suppose.
I wouldn't mind it either as long as we have a bright, creative mind on the offensive side who will figure out the best way to use our weapons. JDR has always gotten good production out of his players and his coaching staff if you look closer into that part of his career.

And Babin is gone now, can't say I'm upset at all, the guy is a douche and has been a one-dimensional player who lost production in the one dimension of his game that was his strength. No doubt in my mind he said or did something stupid that resulted in him being released now instead of the end of the season, but at least now we'll get some more PT for Curry, Hunt, and Graham. All for it and Babin can go be a dickhole somewhere else.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

#DavidShawToPhilly

Quote:
Old 12-02-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Arians is quickly becoming a guy I really want in Philly if we part ways with Andy. Not sure if he'll be leaving the Colts so soon given all the circumstances but I would love to give him a shot here.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see that many pieces on this team that we can use to build for the future. We have youth, but we don't have much quality. A lot of overpaid players as well. I think its easier to list players I would actually want to keep, rather than who should get the boot. I think we're finally in a rebuilding phase, not reloading, and the end is not in sight.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washburn fired too? Things are just an absolute mess right now...I knew the fall was likely coming, but not this fast :(
Old 12-03-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well now after reading some things I don't feel as bad about that..I remember them mentioning on the game last night that Washburn likely wasn't too happy about Babin being released..so wouldn't surprise me if things escalated quickly as a result I guess
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

**** Washburn. He is a D Line coach with a head coach ego. If the guy is gonna ***** and moan about a player getting released he needs to grow the sack to take on at least a D Coordinator position. We are canning everyone, looks like Andy and maybe Marty are the only ones that last till the end of the year. Maybe Mudd, too.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should have been fired before Juanitia.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Quote:
**** Washburn. He is a D Line coach with a head coach ego. If the guy is gonna ***** and moan about a player getting released he needs to grow the sack to take on at least a D Coordinator position. We are canning everyone, looks like Andy and maybe Marty are the only ones that last till the end of the year. Maybe Mudd, too.
I don't think Mudd needs to get fired..it's not like he's had much to work with this year in terms of available talent..but he may go anyways if they do clean house..but whoever does stick around has some work cut out for them with the line..why did Peters have to get hurt..why :( I had a bad feeling about the season when I first heard about it..but not this bad :(
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

My Current Hot List for Head Coach:

Slam Dunk/Can't Miss (Probably not realistic)
*Sean Payton*

• 1) David Shaw - Last/Current Job HC Stanford
  • 2) Brian Billick - Last/Current Job HC Baltimore Ravens
  • 3) Greg Roman - Last/Current Job OC SF 49ers
  • 4) Jon Gruden - Last/Current Job HC Tampa Bay Bucs
  • 5) Bill Cowher (higher, but dont think its super realistic) - Last/Current Job HC Pittsburgh Steelers
  • 6) Tom Clements Last/Current Job OC Green Bay Packers
  • 7) Mike Zimmer - Last/Current Job DC Cincinnati Bengals
  • 8) Rex Ryan - Last/Current Job HC New York Jets
  • 9) Chip Kelly - Last/Current Job HC Oregon Ducks
  • 10) Jack Del Rio - Last/Current Job DC Denver Broncos

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowher is not coming back for the Eagles.
Gruden sucks stop with his name.

Zimmer, Ryan, Shaw are interesting names.

We need to look at coordinators more, that need a shot at HC.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My Current Hot List for Head Coach:

Slam Dunk/Can't Miss (Probably not realistic)
*Sean Payton*

• 1) David Shaw - Last/Current Job HC Stanford
  • 2) Brian Billick - Last/Current Job HC Baltimore Ravens
  • 3) Greg Roman - Last/Current Job OC SF 49ers
  • 4) Jon Gruden - Last/Current Job HC Tampa Bay Bucs
  • 5) Bill Cowher (higher, but dont think its super realistic) - Last/Current Job HC Pittsburgh Steelers
  • 6) Tom Clements Last/Current Job OC Green Bay Packers
  • 7) Mike Zimmer - Last/Current Job DC Cincinnati Bengals
  • 8) Rex Ryan - Last/Current Job HC New York Jets
  • 9) Chip Kelly - Last/Current Job HC Oregon Ducks
  • 10) Jack Del Rio - Last/Current Job DC Denver Broncos
Honestly, I wouldn't want Payton, but that's just because I hate the guy, and that was before the whole bounty scandal. on top of the numerous things I don't like about him, he just looks like the type of guy who has a whole lot of skeletons in his closet, that we'll find out about some time down the road. I do dig this list though, I personally am not as high on Billick as you and like Zimmer more. But I wouldn't jump ship (never jumping ship, regardless) is any of these guys would be named HC. I wouldn't be too happy with Rex, and would be real anxious to see how Chip Kelly would work out, and would begrudgingly accept Payton, but I like this list of most likely top candidates right now.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 12-03-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Rex is fine as a coordinator, don't want him as a HC. Zimmer is another guy I like better as just a coordinator. I wouldn't totally be against JDR.

Honestly I'm starting to think Reid isn't going anywhere though and I'm fine with that.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Rex is fine as a coordinator, don't want him as a HC. Zimmer is another guy I like better as just a coordinator. I wouldn't totally be against JDR.

Honestly I'm starting to think Reid isn't going anywhere though and I'm fine with that.
I still think Andy is gone. Nick Foles is literally his ONLY saving grace that could leave him clinging by the hairs of his mustache to his job, and I still think he's gone if Foles lights it up.