Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Rex is fine as a coordinator, don't want him as a HC. Zimmer is another guy I like better as just a coordinator. I wouldn't totally be against JDR.

Honestly I'm starting to think Reid isn't going anywhere though and I'm fine with that.
I think if Rex could ever eat his words he would be an unbelievable hire. The guy is the best defensive mind in football, he has that defense looking like they are capable of something without the best corner in football injured and literally not a single pass rusher on the team. He understands the importance of a running game, and would likely bring in a guy who wouldnt go bat **** crazy like Marty to dial up 75 passes a game. There is a reason he's lower on my list, thats because he has baggage...but the guy is gonna be a HC again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Cowher is not coming back for the Eagles.
Gruden sucks stop with his name.

Zimmer, Ryan, Shaw are interesting names.

We need to look at coordinators more, that need a shot at HC.
Gruden is great as long as you keep him away from being the GM or having personnel decisions. We are in a situation where we can get him a good quarterback prospect to groom right from the start. He understands the importance of a good defense and we know he wont ever get outworked...the guys work ethic is out of this world.

I said Cowher isnt likely to be realistic...but hes on the top of most peoples lists.

Shaw it my number 1 choice, who I feel we can realistically get.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also need to replace Howie, he has been terrible at judging talent.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
We also need to replace Howie, he has been terrible at judging talent.
There I'm going to disagree with you. So far its a hazy grade and incomplete, but he has gotten great talent on this team. Look at who has has had a part in drafting the last few years, as well as the trades he has worked. He has had flops for sure, but overall, I'd say his influence has been positive, personnel-wise. He has a higher than league average success rate throughout the draft (hard to determine success with only three years to work with, though) in his time here as well. I realize he shares personnel responsibilities with Reid as well, but the kid has not done a bad job by any means, the players just aren't playing well. I think it has more to do with team leadership than player talent.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey get rid of that asshat Dline coach and the defense doesn't look half bad.

Looked great in the first half, and the second half looked like their old self(almost).
Old 07-26-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Realized that we have been posting in the Draft thread, when we should be using the Discussion thread. Let's move the talk over here!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Going of bsaza's last post from the draft thread, I truly do think that Barkley might be the best fit for what it is we want to do. Obviously he isn't mobile (however, he is good in the pocket) but he gets the ball out quick, and if he were to progress we could possibly see an offense similar to what Brady is running over in NE. By no means am I trying compare Barkley to one of the GOATS to ever play the position but hopefully you get the point.

Defense will be very interesting to watch. We really need someone who make a difference at the nose, Ice will hold it down for a year or so...but I really wanted Star in the draft because I thought he would be a big time player there. Early reports were that we were going to run the 4-3 over look that Seattle runs, but not it sounds as though that we are going to be a true 3-4...Kelly won't let anything out so who knows.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley is smart and has size and accuracy on short throws. He has worked in a pro-style offense. He is moderately athletic. He has worked with star skill players and has a huge body of work.

I think Foles can do the job, but he is more of a reading/throwing player. He is also not Kelly's guy, so he has to be at somewhat of a disadvantage.

Vick has the most ability and is the kind of player Kelly would have recruited and developed. Vick is not the most fast-reacting player, and he was never trained to really read defenses pre-snap. I'm not certain that he has all of the skills that Kelly wants. Additionally, he has been careless with the ball and his health in the past. He is the most talented player in terms of physical skill.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 07-26-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Barkley is smart and has size and accuracy on short throws. He has worked in a pro-style offense. He is moderately athletic. He has worked with star skill players and has a huge body of work.

I think Foles can do the job, but he is more of a reading/throwing player. He is also not Kelly's guy, so he has to be at somewhat of a disadvantage.

Vick has the most ability and is the kind of player Kelly would have recruited and developed. Vick is not the most fast-reacting player, and he was never trained to really read defenses pre-snap. I'm not certain that he has all of the skills that Kelly wants. Additionally, he has been careless with the ball and his health in the past. He is the most talented player in terms of physical skill.
And one of the things I have always heard about Kelly is that he puts the blame of sacks on the QB...something that would eat Vick up with how long he holds the ball + some of the breakdowns of the line. Vick has the most potential for this offense, but he doesn't really fit what Kelly wants outside of his mobility.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

This team has talent in pretty much every area, but not everything fits what the coach really wants. Some of the dead wood has been cut out, and there are many new faces. However, it will take at least another offseason for this roster to really look the way Kelly wants it to. Players who potentially don't fit (IMO):

Vick
Foles
Maclin
Avant
Peters (based on injury only)
Cole
Vinny Curry
Ryans
Coleman

Many of those guys are probably going to play a lot of snaps this year. Given the lack of congruity between what I view as the coach's philosophy and style vs. what is on the roster today. I'm sure Kelly can work with it and maximize the results, but I don't see many of these players with the team after 2013-2014.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This training camp definitely has its fair share of battles. I can't remember a time when we had this many new faces battling for starting positions, but I absolutely love it. I truly believe that we will have a dominant offense that simply moves the ball at will on the ground.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...rs-knee-injury

Maclin done. Fahk...

Old 07-28-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Oh great, that sucks.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Maclin hurts, but we have a lot of bodies at WR. Thats going to be an interesting contract situation to say the least.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well contract issue aside I am guessing Avant moves to number 2 or think Cooper/Benn/Thomas or someone else gets that number 2 spot.

I think even then they are going to rotate spots alot and with Kelly, there were going to be plays with neither Maclin or Jackson lined up at WR. I do think this injury is gonna hurt us alot as I said i thought barring injury that Maclin was gonna have a better year at WR then Jackson but we can survive and we have several play makers at the position.
igglefanz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

I really like Avant as a player, but I'm not sure he makes the team this year. The writing is already somewhat on the wall with him dabbling with CB positions during OTAs. I could simply be reading too deeply into things, but he's an Andy Reid guy. Overachiever, but does he fit the offense? He's as sure-handed a receiver as they come, but he doesn't provide much outside of a slot role and with Chip Kelly's emphasis on YAC, it would be understandable why he is the odd man out.

A lot of people are looking at this Momah guy to make a splash, but I think he's going to have a Ramses Barden type career.

Lastly, I believe DeSean is going to blow up this year. This offense has a lot of mouths to feed this year, but DeSean is still our 2nd best dynamic play-maker.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Avant was at risk of getting cut pre-Maclin injury. Now he might stick. The guy has very good hands, and he runs good routes. In certain sub-packages, he can make plays, but he isn't going to do a ton post-catch.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I can say is bring Moss in since no one has picked him up, he'll take some pressure off DJack although he is 1 dimensional being only good for the 9 routes. I hope he hasn't gave up and stopped working out during the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Eagles have guys who run it deep in DJax and Benn. Moss hasn't stuck with anyone in years, and he is lazy on plays that aren't for him. I don't like that kind of player on my team as a fan. I see no value in bringing him in.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Randy Moss would simply be a name to sell tickets/jerseys if brought in, not exactly a good fit.

Jason Philips went down with an ACL tear. Jesus Christ, we're dropping like flies.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I met Jason phillips at sugar house casino. Didn't know who he was till he said he signed with the Eagles. Looked him up on mu phone and searched who recently signed with them.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Randy Moss would simply be a name to sell tickets/jerseys if brought in, not exactly a good fit.

Jason Philips went down with an ACL tear. Jesus Christ, we're dropping like flies.
Between DeSean, Vick, and McCoy, there are plenty of jerseys to sell. You never know who else will emerge on the rebuilt D. Moss won't make enough in jersey sales to warrant any veteran contract. The routes he runs well can already be done just fine by DeSean, Cooper, and Benn. There is zero value in bringing a clubhouse cancer and low effort guy in.

If it happens, fine. I don't see it as a move I would want if I had any say (which I don't).

Old 07-31-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The move just wouldn't make sense. If Moss brought more then just Go routes and half effort on plays I would be ok with it. Moss has never been a good run blocker.

I really think its going to be rare to see the Eagles go more then 2 WR in most sets. I think we are going to see alot of 2 wide 2 TE sets I wouldnt even be surprised to see more then a couple of plays with only one WR. I don't like the Maclin Injury and its gonna hurt but Moss isn't gonna help us as much as some think

Last edited by igglefanz : 07-31-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If the Eagles wanted to add a deep route runner, they would likely call Brandon Lloyd first. That being said, they have their roster and system. It is going to be what it will be.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:00 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Well it looks like for the time being we get another round of the Michael Vick experience.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...es-starting-qb

He has looked the best what does everyone think