Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-04-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pass Rushers Please!

Hi draftnicks. I havent been on here in a while since the NFL season started. But since it's looking more and more likely my Saints' season will be over pretty soon. I figured I'd start to get myself more familiar with the upcoming draft.

Nothing is more needed for my Saints than a pass rusher (as it has been for the last few decades!). Im really not sure our FO has the ability to evaluate a great pass rusher, but they will have to. Cam Jordan has become a good player for us, but we need someone who can play on the right side of the line and dominate, force teams to slide protection, double team and chip to open up opportunites for other players like Akeim Hicks who we drafted in the 3rd round out of Regina this past year, who has been impressive yet raw. Will Smith is a goner after this season, thank god.

Anyway, I havent followed much college football this year. How is this years DE class looking? I figure the Saints will be picking anywhere from 13-20. Any studs you guys think will be available there?
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best defensive front 7 class I can remember ever.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As yfs alluded to this is the year to be looking for DL help. What's up with Gallette people were expecting a lot from him?

Before he got hurt I thought Carradine and the Saints were a match made in heaven. Still could happen, but either of the LSU DE's could fit. Lots of options.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
As yfs alluded to this is the year to be looking for DL help. What's up with Gallette people were expecting a lot from him?

Before he got hurt I thought Carradine and the Saints were a match made in heaven. Still could happen, but either of the LSU DE's could fit. Lots of options.
Glad this class is deep.

Galette showed a lot of promise but he got hurt a few weeks ago and has been sidelines. He has been our best pass rusher when on the feild, but Spags only plays him in obvious passing situations. I would love to keep him but I dont see him as someone who you can build a line around. I see him as just a solid overall player similar to Kroy Beirmann.

Something about LSU D-Linemen alway scares me. I like Montgomery and Mingo, but somethings makes me feel like they will struggle in the league. Could be wrong though.

Who were those 2 DE's that play for Auburn? I havent seen much of them but I remember they gave LSU some problems.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Lemonier for Auburn is a guy who I am pretty high on. Auburn was pretty bad this year but I think he will make an NFL team pretty happy, probably more of a second round option right now but if he tests well I could definitely see him off the board in the first.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Corey Lemonier for Auburn is a guy who I am pretty high on. Auburn was pretty bad this year but I think he will make an NFL team pretty happy, probably more of a second round option right now but if he tests well I could definitely see him off the board in the first.
Thats his name!, that guy looked damn good to me but I only watched that one game. Will be interesting to see how he does in the draft process.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I currently have them taking Dion Jordan from Oregon in a mock... He could become a Pro Bowler if coached correctly with his versatility and awareness. He is good at coverage and rushing the passer. I would not waste his coverage ability by strictly using him as a down lineman but rather move him around like Oregon currently does.
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
I currently have them taking Dion Jordan from Oregon in a mock... He could become a Pro Bowler if coached correctly with his versatility and awareness. He is good at coverage and rushing the passer. I would not waste his coverage ability by strictly using him as a down lineman but rather move him around like Oregon currently does.
Well Spags sure does like to move his linemen around and drop them into coverage from time to time in some of his zone blitz schemes.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a good year for DEs. I want my Brownies to take one with their first pick (that or a DB). Damontre Moore, Jarvis Jones (OLB, but a pass rusher), Bjeorn Werner, Brandon Jenkins, Tank Carradine, Ezekiel Ansah, Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordan, William Gholston, Alex Okafor, Corey Lemonnier, Michael Buchanan, John Simon, etc. (I don't wanna name them all right now). That's a pretty darn good crop. Someone's gonna get a pro bowl DE in round 2 or 3 I think.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
This is a good year for DEs. I want my Brownies to take one with their first pick (that or a DB). Damontre Moore, Jarvis Jones (OLB, but a pass rusher), Bjeorn Werner, Brandon Jenkins, Tank Carradine, Ezekiel Ansah, Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordan, William Gholston, Alex Okafor, Corey Lemonnier, Michael Buchanan, John Simon, etc. (I don't wanna name them all right now). That's a pretty darn good crop. Someone's gonna get a pro bowl DE in round 2 or 3 I think.
Awesome man, that is great news! I hope the Saints scouting dept is on their p and q's this year because we need one desperately. Im so tired of seeing Will Smith and Sed Ellis play patty cake with linemen. Those guys are goners after this season.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've adopted Dion Jordan.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ezekial Ansah is another very high upside guy (like Jordan), but seems more like a guy that will be ultra stout against the run more than a dynamic pass rusher (he's still very capable of getting after the QB, but he's going to beast at LDE in the NFL).

This class is literally loaded at DE. Florida State has like 3 DEs that will likely go in rounds 1 or 2. And there are a bunch more. Jarvis Jones, Sam Montgomery, Kiki Mingo, and so on. Just a stud class.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any 3-4 DEs that can clog yet still be proficient in pass rushing in this draft?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Are there any 3-4 DEs that can clog yet still be proficient in pass rushing in this draft?
Star Lotulelei
Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Sheldon Richardson in the penetrating role would be amazing. Not much tallent at the 3-4 DE spot this year ingeneral.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
Sheldon Richardson in the penetrating role would be amazing. Not much tallent at the 3-4 DE spot this year ingeneral.
Yeah, all of the length is with the edge rushers this year.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really excited to see if Quanterus Smith would flash in pre-draft workouts. After tearing his ACL, it's really difficult to project him. I really liked him as a sleeper, now I'm unsure.