Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
The problem I have with leaving Brody alive is we can never actually know (rolecop pending) whether he is what he says he is. Even if he is investigated, we can't conclusively trust the results as I imagine if he were good, he'd be a priority frame target. Is it really worth leaving a potential mafia roleblocker alive? It's only Day 2 and it's essentially a 50/50 chance, assuming a jail keeper is in the game to begin with.
Well if he agrees to jailkeep TH it can only benefit the town. Even if he's a roleblocker, his action is still neutralized and TH doesn't take the chance of killing a random person likely to be town aligned.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Well if he agrees to jailkeep TH it can only benefit the town. Even if he's a roleblocker, his action is still neutralized and TH doesn't take the chance of killing a random person likely to be town aligned.
He'd still have to die at some point in the game just to finally resolve his true alignment. I'd rather take that chance on Day 2 when we have a ton of townies left, rather than have to risk it when our numbers dwindle. If you disagree with me I will happily duel you sir!

Vote: Brody

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Except that right now, I'm an asset to the town. The way you're spinning it no matter what makes me think you're evil, because you can use the excuse that it was 50/50 when I come out as the jail keeper.

Vote: Caddy

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With 30 members remaining, 16 votes are needed for a majority:

Brodeur (5) – jrdrylie, GOW, Bulldogs, Dr. Gonzo, Caddy

OSUGiants (2) - Cashmoneydrew, ATLDirtyBirds

Vikes_28 (1) - Woot

Caddy (1) - Brodeur

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 12-04-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Except that right now, I'm an asset to the town. The way you're spinning it no matter what makes me think you're evil, because you can use the excuse that it was 50/50 when I come out as the jail keeper.

Vote: Caddy
No need to get your knickers in a knot, Brody. We have to lynch someone and at this point I feel like you are our best chance at lynching a mafia member.

Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'd still have to die at some point in the game just to finally resolve his true alignment. I'd rather take that chance on Day 2 when we have a ton of townies left, rather than have to risk it when our numbers dwindle. If you disagree with me I will happily duel you sir!

Vote: Brody
Then we kill him later on. If we kill Brody now we risk him telling the truth(which I think is the case) and we lose a jailkeeper who could be pretty valuable going forward both as a protector and roleblocker. Then TH is forced to kill tonight and chances are based on the information available he will hit another town aligned player leaving us down two people before the mafia even lifts a finger. If we keep Brody alive and he jailkeeps TH we put ourselves in a better position going forward. We can kill Brody off later on if we need to but for now I think it's in our best interest to keep him alive.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I CLEARLY MADE A VOTE SHANE, STOP DROPPING THE BALL. Ward will die again because of this.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor abused Shane.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've never once seen these "force guys to use their powers on certain people" arrangements actually work.

I feel that at least one of TH and Brody isn't what they say they are. Jailkeeper pops up as a role now and then but it's not the most common one around, and TH's "vigilante who is required to kill" is also plausible but pretty far out of left field. Both of them being found out on night 1, and both being who they say they are, seems unlikely to me.

Also, I feel we should look at the bottom handful of posters. I forgot that guys like TBW and Deep were even in this game. OSU too has been quiet/absent. It's a pretty common mafia ploy for a few guys to lay super low and just get lost in the early day confusion. I think we should at least draw these guys out and get them talking.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Then we kill him later on. If we kill Brody now we risk him telling the truth(which I think is the case) and we lose a jailkeeper who could be pretty valuable going forward both as a protector and roleblocker. Then TH is forced to kill tonight and chances are based on the information available he will hit another town aligned player leaving us down two people before the mafia even lifts a finger. If we keep Brody alive and he jailkeeps TH we put ourselves in a better position going forward. We can kill Brody off later on if we need to but for now I think it's in our best interest to keep him alive.
I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but unless something else pops up I don't really want to change my vote. What do you suggest we do now?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Also, I feel we should look at the bottom handful of posters. I forgot that guys like TBW and Deep were even in this game. OSU too has been quiet/absent. It's a pretty common mafia ploy for a few guys to lay super low and just get lost in the early day confusion. I think we should at least draw these guys out and get them talking.
You can almost always look at the bottom 5 or 6 posters after day one and half of them end up being mafia. That's how I narrowed down my choice for JBalla last night and why I'm voting for OSU today.

Like I pointed out earlier, OSU has 5 posts. None of them were made today.
Of his 5 posts, none of them had any kind of substance.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd feel more confident voting for OSU then people like Brodeur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but unless something else pops up I don't really want to change my vote. What do you suggest we do now?
Ugh I'm not really sure at this point. I have to head out for a little while but I was planning on not voting at all till after trivia tomorrow morning anyways. Nothing that has happened today has really compelled me to vote for anyone in particular.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was also planning on holding off until after trivia. A free kill (or whatever the prize may be this time, not sure if it's always a kill or what) could come in handy.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I was also planning on holding off until after trivia. A free kill (or whatever the prize may be this time, not sure if it's always a kill or what) could come in handy.
Ah this is true. I'll probably be around at 730am EST so if someone is close to being lynched and I've voted for them I will unvote.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not buying Brody as guilty as of now. In either case, whether he's good or bad (jailkeeper/role blocker), I happen to think both of those roles are pretty unimportant at this stage in the game.

That being said, I feel more comfortable with this move.

vote: OSU
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With 30 members remaining, 16 votes are needed for a majority:

Brodeur (5) – jrdrylie, GOW, Bulldogs, Dr. Gonzo, Caddy

OSUGiants (3) - Cashmoneydrew, ATLDirtyBirds, scotty

Vikes_28 (1) - Woot

Caddy (1) - Brodeur

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 12-04-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to say that three of the five people who voted for Brody I have already been highly suspicious of. Now either that means I am dead wrong about those guys and Brodeur is indeed evil or they are trying to kill someone with a big time role for the town.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, where the balls is OSU?

vote OSU

come out and play osu.

has he posted elsewhere? Did he get silenced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

OSU hasn't posted since before noon today. Possibly silenced...I could also be swayed to lean his way after trivia tomorrow if he hasn't posted yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah lets not be hasty here. I am ok with voting OSU, but lets not jump on that bandwagon yet and get the thread closed before he gets a chance to speak.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I'm going to bed soon and am wary with Brody. Don't really believe he's evil but I'm gonna stick with my vote for OSU
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how OSU does it but he always manages to somehow play evil. Even when he's blatantly good.
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could get on board with OSU. I'm pretty sure Deep is usually pretty quiet, so I'm not as concerned with him at this moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Vote: Brodeur

I quickly caught up, nothing convinced me to vote for someone that isn't Brody. I think he is full of **** and am willing to take that chance. Jailkeeping is overrated anyway.
If Gonzo, Caddy and me agree, something has to be considered.

So we take the chance on OSU where we have no idea who he is or go with Brodeur who is either a roleblocker or a jailkeeper?

Id rather kill the one that has a higher chance of being a mafia.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote