Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDiculous View Post
I would love for us to end up with the #4 or 5 pick instead of the #1 overall pick. That way, if a couple of teams manage to waste top 5 picks on Geno Smith and Matt Barkley, it won't be us.
I'm still in shock over Belcher....makes you wonder how a guy who's on top of the world finanically and career wise(can't be too much higher coming out of maine eh?)However, I"m happy we won this game, even though it is meaningless. I'm not sure over all the hate for Barkley. He probably would have went ahead of Tannehill. I look at how locker has made the colts into a legit playoff team in one season and can't help but think Barkley or Wilson could do the same thing...Hell, it's really the only thing everyone has going for a KC fan eh?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck is light years better than Barkley. Only reason Barkley could come here and be successful is because the Chiefs have some talent on the field. Could be a Rothlisberger type situation.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just not a fan of Barkley. I really hope we don't end up with him. Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith for me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDiculous View Post
I would love for us to end up with the #4 or 5 pick instead of the #1 overall pick. That way, if a couple of teams manage to waste top 5 picks on Geno Smith and Matt Barkley, it won't be us.
OR if they turn out to be Pro Bowl QB's???? Who do you want to be the QB next season then?
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
OR if they turn out to be Pro Bowl QB's???? Who do you want to be the QB next season then?
Do you guys' just not see it with Barkley? I saw him play v. oregon and he looked like he could make all the throws, good leadership, etc
He's a little small for my liking(and the top picks ni the NFL draft didn't pan out very well when they were smaller than prototypical) but I wouldn't be heart broken if he or Tyler Wilson were dawning the red and gold. Geno Smith had that one really big game and then hasn't really done much since then(my opinion) It'd be nice if we could groom one of them for a little bit, one thing is for certain this isn't a primo year for QB's, but the recent history suggests these guys should be ready to roll day one..... Maybe pick up a Tony Romo-like guy(or keep Brady Quinn, he didn't look like a franchise QB last week, but he didn't look like....err, Brady Quinn last week either). Lots of different ways to play it out.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn will become your franchise QB. That is all.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Do you guys' just not see it with Barkley? I saw him play v. oregon and he looked like he could make all the throws, good leadership, etc
He's a little small for my liking(and the top picks ni the NFL draft didn't pan out very well when they were smaller than prototypical) but I wouldn't be heart broken if he or Tyler Wilson were dawning the red and gold. Geno Smith had that one really big game and then hasn't really done much since then(my opinion) It'd be nice if we could groom one of them for a little bit, one thing is for certain this isn't a primo year for QB's, but the recent history suggests these guys should be ready to roll day one..... Maybe pick up a Tony Romo-like guy(or keep Brady Quinn, he didn't look like a franchise QB last week, but he didn't look like....err, Brady Quinn last week either). Lots of different ways to play it out.
The only QB I'm even interested in in the 1st round is Tyler Wilson. And there's a ton of talk that he'll be available in the 2nd. I'm probably going to become unpopular, but my gut says you never reach for a position just to fill a position, and especially not to please the fans. I'm super wishy-washy on this right now.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With any other position I'd agree, but I can't when I've seen Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn play this year.

I want a QB. I don't care if it's a reach. Get me Tyler Wilson and I'll never complain again.. until next year. :D

Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
The only QB I'm even interested in in the 1st round is Tyler Wilson. And there's a ton of talk that he'll be available in the 2nd. I'm probably going to become unpopular, but my gut says you never reach for a position just to fill a position, and especially not to please the fans. I'm super wishy-washy on this right now.
Were you upset when we picked Tyson Jackson? I thought Tyler Wilson WAS first round material. if he has a big upside(which, if you guys' give the green light on a prospect, it's essentially gospel to me) I'd be ok with taking him number one overall(due to our teams' talent) and letting him battle it out with Quinn and Stanzi...and then if he doesn't beat them out we'll have another 1 slot next year eh?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Were you upset when we picked Tyson Jackson? I thought Tyler Wilson WAS first round material. if he has a big upside(which, if you guys' give the green light on a prospect, it's essentially gospel to me) I'd be ok with taking him number one overall(due to our teams' talent) and letting him battle it out with Quinn and Stanzi...and then if he doesn't beat them out we'll have another 1 slot next year eh?
I was upset but I tempered it because I believed Pioli would do good things with the Chiefs. I was wrong about that. The only 1st round pick I've been good with has been Berry and he's been decent to above average. I was right about Jackson and I was right about Baldwin. I think I'll probably end up being wrong about Poe, he's looking pretty good.

My thing is, when Michael Vick was being drafted the Chargers had a shot at him and passed and came away with Ladainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees. They foolishly got rid of Brees in favor of Phillip Rivers, but I was saying they should keep Brees cause I thought he'd be pretty good. Point is, they didn't force a quarterback just because they needed one. They were even able to trade down and get arguably the best player in the draft.

The maxim is if you don't have a franchise quarterback you don't pass on one. I'm not sure if any of these guys are franchise quarterbacks. The best bet would be to go after Joeckel, he is the best player in the draft (imo), he plays a premium position, and he would make it easier to let Albert go. Then go after Wilson if he's available round 2, or even go after Zac Dysert, who, as I watch his film, impresses me with his deep ball accuracy and arm and the moxie he shows while standing in the pocket.

That said, it's extremely tempting just to take Wilson just to get the quarterback. The Chiefs can't go in to next year having to decide between Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi. They just can't. But they shouldn't force it just to take a quarterback. He needs to be the guy if he's going number 1 overall.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

And I like Wilson a lot. I like his toughness and his arm. There are aspects that concern me though. He didn't really come through like a franchise guy in a very tumultuous season. Top overall guys should be able to elevate the level of play of everyone else on offense. Tyler Wilson didn't do that consistently this year. Was his success last year the product of having 4 NFL wide receivers to throw too? Or the product of Petrino's system? I think he's definitely a 1st round QB, but probably not number 1 overall.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You can't blame Tyler for the struggles at Arkansas. Everything was stacked against him this year. His defense was one of the worst in CFB, he had one decent WR to throw to (Cobi Hamilton) and he drops a ton of balls. And the coaching staff issues can't be overlooked. I still like Tyler Wilson first overall.

And I'd rather keep Branden Albert instead of drafting Luke Joeckel. We know what we have in Albert. Joeckel is another unknown.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unleash Cory for christ sake.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote