Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
He could be a mafia roleblocker, brah.
And?? Worst case scenario is he is the mafia roleblocker, which I don't think is the case but for argument's sake let's say he is. We use him to our advantage by eliminating the chance TH kills a townie(more likely than not) and Brodeur is neutralized as a threat because as soon as he tries to use his power on someone else in order to help the mafia he is killed by TH and we don't have to worry about him.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fwiw, Gonzo is pretty obviously good if you believe I am good.
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously, you can't do anything and it's very possible you just got caught in a bad situation, but you are the obvious lynch. If we play logically, you die.
I mean maybe Brodeur is just bad at the game. If I were in his situation I would have owed up to the logic being sound behind the lynch or at least work my hardest to find someone more suspicious than me. Calling everyone against him an idiot is just not good gameplay. Classic evil Vidae.
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I repeat, I have never witnessed a situation where trying to force a guy to use his powers in a specific way has worked out.

I don't think this is something we should bank on.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
And?? Worst case scenario is he is the mafia roleblocker, which I don't think is the case but for argument's sake let's say he is. We use him to our advantage by eliminating the chance TH kills a townie(more likely than not) and Brodeur is neutralized as a threat because as soon as he tries to use his power on someone else in order to help the mafia he is killed by TH and we don't have to worry about him.
Then we let TH have the game by the balls and I'm not so sure I want to trust him. He hasn't done anything to prove himself.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Shane's one other modded game was Sesame Street, which had a roleblocker and a hooker which was essentially a jailkeeper.

If he followed a similar structure with roles, you'd have to think both would be in this. So we know he targeted Rob, but has anyone really disputed that Brody would not be the jailkeeper rather than a roleblocker?
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Why lynch me Brodeur? Did I not track you? Who would you jailkeep tonight if you were to remain alive?

Those who haven't voted, do so or give us other options.
Why should I tell you?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Brody is the kill; it's that simple. Even if he is good (which there is absolutely a chance of), it is absolutely the right decision. If no lynch is off the table (which it should be day 2) then Brody gives us the best chance of killing a mafia member. Nobody has come with any concrete evidence to protect Brody and there is concrete evidence that he blocked a member of the town.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then we let TH have the game by the balls and I'm not so sure I want to trust him. He hasn't done anything to prove himself.
Yeah, his story is sketchy as hell. On 99/100 Day 2s, finding a killer in the way we found him would mean an instant lynch. But whatever, let's believe him because we can have Brody just jailkeep him forever.

Or something.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'm taking note of those defending Brody in case he turns up evil. Lot's of subtle defenses.
this sounds like a typical mafia response. everybody that defends him should not automatically be looked at as mafia. it's day two, it's not like the mafia would come full force trying to defend him on day two. some of your other posts have been weird as well, especially when compared to how you usually play.

Vote: Bulldogs

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
So Shane's one other modded game was Sesame Street, which had a roleblocker and a hooker which was essentially a jailkeeper.

If he followed a similar structure with roles, you'd have to think both would be in this. So we know he targeted Rob, but has anyone really disputed that Brody would not be the jailkeeper rather than a roleblocker?
He could be either. The point is, there is no better option out there for a kill. It's bad gameplay letting Brody survive, good or evil. You have to use logic here.....the town outnumbers the mafia in the game....it's a 50/50 chance Brody is mafia....you take that chance if you're the town every time. It's simple math really. You also don't give the mafia a chance to win a power up at this stage of the game, that's also a pretty simple concept to figure out.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unvote: Caddy

I'd rather have a vote for one of the Baines when I go down for people trying to play Rob's logic game.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Brody, you know it's the right play....if you are good (which is totally possible), it sucks, but it's the right play. It's just like when I was the princess in the King game and came up bad when framed.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Whatever. This is what happens when I draw the biggest douche possible as a character.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not lying about my vigilantism!

Speaking of which, "vigilante" is such a serious word. I'm thinking about a lighter name for me.

How about...God? Yes. Yes, that's nice.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With 30 members remaining, 16 votes are needed for a majority:

Brodeur (6) – jrdrylie, GOW, Bulldogs, Dr. Gonzo, Caddy, Rob S

OSUGiants (3) - Cashmoneydrew, ATLDirtyBirds, scotty

Vikes_28 (1) - Woot

Bulldogs (2) - Jensen, Brodeur

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
fwiw, Gonzo is pretty obviously good if you believe I am good.
This is odd to me. I never buy this theory whatsoever. The mafia isn't that stupid anymore.

I don't know why people are so convinced Brody is evil. His explanation is perfectly plausible; I don't see how he was "caught".

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm heading to bed, see you all in the morning when I will post my vote

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm out boys. Will try my best to keep up on mobile, but I work from 9 am to 7 pm tomorrow. Gonna keep my vote where it's at for now.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Whatever. This is what happens when I draw the biggest douche possible as a character.
I do think there is a good chance I am a a safe claim for the mafia. Biggest douche sounds like me. Just sayin'

Off to my robotics class.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Only 12 people have voted. Disappointing. I won't be up at 730 so good luck to all the non evil people.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
this sounds like a typical mafia response. everybody that defends him should not automatically be looked at as mafia. it's day two, it's not like the mafia would come full force trying to defend him on day two. some of your other posts have been weird as well, especially when compared to how you usually play.

Never said they should, simply said I'm taking note. If we're going based on track record here I really hope nobody follows you on this.

Brody, if not you, who do you suggest we kill? Killing me just lets us lose a good guy while learning nothing.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Never said they should, simply said I'm taking note. If we're going based on track record here I really hope nobody follows you on this.

Brody, if not you, who do you suggest we kill? Killing me just lets us lose a good guy while learning nothing.
it just seems like an attempt to try to overly affirm to everybody that you are good, and that's how i've viewed a lot of your posts. odd game from you so far.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
it just seems like an attempt to try to overly affirm to everybody that you are good, and that's how i've viewed a lot of your posts. odd game from you so far.
Well to be fair, I am.