Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is forcing you to stay around in this topic, if you believe that.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
No one is forcing you to stay around in this topic, if you believe that.
And nobody is asking for your opinion any more irrelevant ******** you wanna talk about?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think discussing the Rams game in the Rams game thread is relevant. If you don't like the discussion then don't come into the thread.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Tougher than it is to keep going in circles with you hoping you'll eventually take the blindfold off one of these days.
The same exact thing can be said about you and everyone else here in this forum. One year, you and others want Smith gone, next to stay and then the following year to be gone again. It goes back and forth every year. And if anything, you're the main person here that wanted Smith gone for what seems like forever yet now, you want him to be the QB? What's really tough is understanding your perspective because like most on this board, it goes back and forth all the time.

Say what you want about me but once Kaepernick started the Bears game, I havent said once that I want Smith back. I dont. In fact, I want him gone and thankfully, he will be come February/early March.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
The same exact thing can be said about you and everyone else here in this forum. One year, you and others want Smith gone, next to stay and then the following year to be gone again. It goes back and forth every year. And if anything, you're the main person here that wanted Smith gone for what seems like forever yet now, you want him to be the QB? What's really tough is understanding your perspective because like most on this board, it goes back and forth all the time.

Say what you want about me but once Kaepernick started the Bears game, I havent said once that I want Smith back. I dont. In fact, I want him gone and thankfully, he will be come February/early March.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we please get back on topic people.

Tim Rattay got hosed.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Alex Smith fanboys are insufferable.
Could be worse.

Dats my Taber-sack.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
And since Roman has been the 49ers OC he's come a very long way in that department he's become a much better blocker than a receiver in his career.
True, Walker himself admitted that last year was when he really got his act together and honed in on his blocking.....because Jimbaugh expects ALL his TE to block effectively and made it a point of emphasis. But for a time there, most believed, and rightfully so, his hands were better than VD and he was a much more fluid and natural pass-catcher. But it was ALWAYS his blocking that kept him from being a bigger part of the offense. And that was the case early on for him. Walker was a WR in college. He was never a blocker and he struggled mightily at it early.

Ness is right, he isn't a great in-line blocker. Certainly not in VD's caliber. Most of the blocks your talking about him making are his 'wham' blocks, pinch blocks or his crack-backs. You know who we also asked to do a lot of those same blocks? Kyle Williams. And he did just as good of a job as Delaine. Look at the play where he got injured. Williams was making a crack-back block from the slot on a DE. He did a lot in terms of blocking that went over-looked but dude was a helluva blocker for his statue and that's mainly where his injury leaves a void. We have no other WR physically who can duplicate what he does, blocking from the various packages he was in.

What Walker does in terms of blocking isn't anything profound or exceptional to the point it can't be replaced or even upgraded. It's possessing those skills in 6'0, 240 lbs frame with 4.4 speed which makes it unique. His uniqueness is that he fits any package and you can never tell whether its pass or run when he's on the field. But the drops are becoming alarming to the point where he can't be trusted. I believed he's dropped a pass in every game his had two or more targets....that's not just bad, it's horrible. And him dropping the potential game-winning pass Sunday was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. For everyone crying about how CK played, Walker lost the game IMHO. That's how awful of a drop that was. And its crazy because he was so clutch last year. Replacing his blocking is relatively easy....replacing the overall weapon he is would be far harder. No one player is the vital cog to our blocking, its the scheme. This was excatly what Jimbaugh was doing at Stanford when had all those multiple TE sets with guys like Reuland, Erzah, and Fleener. Sure he does great job in what he's asked to do but its not ground-breaking. And he's also had his fair share of holding calls on the edge too. I just think the market for him will be more than Baalke is willing to pay. I don't see him coming back at this point unless its at a major discount. But what he does as a blocker can easily be replaced by a cheaper rookie. I'm sure we'll have a eye out for some H-Back like prospects who offer more in terms of a pass-catcher than a guy like Celek.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-04-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it just impossibly to objectively defend Smith or something?
For you? Absolutely. I don't know if its subconscious or what but you have a 'defend Alex Smith at any and all cost' part of your football brain that knows no bounds. To point that you throw out minuscule rants like CK has gotten worst in each of his starts. I even said this would happen after the Bears game. Once film got out, teams would make it tougher on him. But he's still on the dean's list at Ball So Hard University. Maybe not a 4.0....but a 3.4 ain't bad at all. Since you like stats so much, I'll break it down like this...

Quote:
• Colin Kaepernick had an 82.4 Total QBR in Sunday's loss to the Rams, his third straight start with a QBR over 70. Alex Smith has not had a single-season three-start stretch with QBRs above 70 in the past five seasons.
And you also neglect to mention that Alex played, progressively worst in each of his first four starts to begin the season. That's why its hard to take your attempts at objectivity seriously.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-04-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
For you? Absolutely. I don't know if its subconscious or what but you have a 'defend Alex Smith at any and all cost' part of your football brain that knows no bounds. To point that throw out minuscule rants like CK has gotten worst in each of his starts. I even said this would happen after the Bears game. Once film got out, teams would make it tougher on him. But he's still on the dean's list at Ball So Hard University. Maybe not a 4.0....but a 3.4 ain't bad at all. Since you like stats so much, I'll break it down like this...
3.4 my foot. He has been average, at best, the last two games. Kaepernick's passer rating against the Saints and Rams was lower than the average against those teams this season. The offense scored 10 less points against those teams than they allow this season. Smith has had lower than average performances only four times in nine starts, Kaepernick already has two in only three starts. It is more worrisome for Kaepernick because of the fact that he only above average game came when the defense had no gameplan in place for him and had not prepared for him at all.

Kaepernick's passer rating has gotten worse in all three of his starts, and his passing yards and YPA have gone down as well. The 49ers offensive points have gone down, as has their red zone efficiency.

According to QBR Andrew Luck > Aaron Rodgers = Alex Smith > Eli Manning this season.

I am not even giving my opinions, here. I am giving actual stats and being accused of not being objective.

Quote:
And you also neglect to mention that Alex played, progressively worst in his first four starts to begin the season. That's why its hard to take your attempts at objectivity seriously.
I am not saying Kaepernick should be benched now, though. I say give him this game against the Dolphins and if he performs poorly again then bench him. My argument is against the idea that Kaepernick has been better than Smith this year or somehow makes this offense better. Those things may be true in the future, Kaepernick clearly has tons of talent, but they are objectively false right now. Smith has better numbers than Kaepernick and the 49ers have more YPG and a better redzone efficiency with Smith. We have slightly more PPG with Kaepernick but that is because the defense has two touchdowns in his three starts, they had one in Alex Smith's nine starts. Taking away defensive scores the 49ers have slightly more PPG with Smith

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 12-04-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Could be worse.

Dats my Taber-sack.
I love how your avatar is of Rice in a post-1995 49ers uniform. Out of all the Rice photos out there, you choose THAT one.

A perfect fit for a little brat like you...indicative of your age and general cluelessness when it comes to the NFL and its history.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

http://footballoutsiders.com/any-giv...ams-over-49ers
Old 12-05-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man that 50 yard run was a really great play. Alex probably begins to panic there.

But also, those screenshots of him running out of bounds, that was just a crappy play. That's the type of play uber-athletic QBs make - instead of moving up in the pocket to avoid the rush, he turned back all the way around and the play went nowhere.

I will say that Kap's improv skills are a galaxy beyond Alex's, and I think that's the real reason Kap is starting....he can get the team out of a jam, and he can create when WRs are getting dominated (NFCCCG vs. Giants).
Old 12-05-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I don't think Alex runs 50 yards on that play but I don't think he takes a sack, either. He would probably run through the same lane that Kaepernick did and dump it off to Gore or Miller.

The first play is just a bad play by Kaepernick. The receiver on the right side is already open by the time Kaepernick does his spin in the third image. Given how far the corner is playing back and the route the receiver is running, Kaepernick should have thrown the ball at the second image.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
I love how your avatar is of Rice in a post-1995 49ers uniform. Out of all the Rice photos out there, you choose THAT one.

A perfect fit for a little brat like you...indicative of your age and general cluelessness when it comes to the NFL and its history.
Wait, so because I have an avatar of Jerry Rice post-1995 means I'm clueless about NFL and it's history? Wow. Yeah, I guess I couldn't have just you know, liked the photo.

Seriously, that's like the shittest comeback ever dude. I hope you didn't lose too much sleep coming up with that one. If I had a picture of Joe Perry you would have been screwed. Also, you know you've lost leverage once you've resorted to using someone's avatar as ammo in your quest to be a jerk.

Dang, you really put me in my place. LOL post FAIL.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-05-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to bust out my Y.A. Tittle pic.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think Alex runs 50 yards on that play but I don't think he takes a sack, either. He would probably run through the same lane that Kaepernick did and dump it off to Gore or Miller.

The first play is just a bad play by Kaepernick. The receiver on the right side is already open by the time Kaepernick does his spin in the third image. Given how far the corner is playing back and the route the receiver is running, Kaepernick should have thrown the ball at the second image.
WTF are you talking about? Do you not see Janoris Jenkins coming off the edge, UNTOUCHED on a CB blitz? There is absolutely no way he can complete that pass, the WR is still running the route and hasn't even come out of his break yet. That was a phenomenal play. I thought that was a sure sack when I saw it in real time. The hot route underneath goes no where because Laurinatis is right there. The other two routes on the other side of the field were deeper routes that had no time to develop because of the blitz.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Do you not see Janoris Jenkins coming off the edge, UNTOUCHED on a CB blitz? There is absolutely no way he can complete that pass, the WR is still running the route and hasn't even come out of his break yet. That was a phenomenal play. I thought that was a sure sack when I saw it in real time. The hot route underneath goes no where because Laurinatis is right there. The other two routes on the other side of the field were deeper routes that had no time to develop because of the blitz.
The corner covering whoever the receiver on the far right is, I think Ginn, is way off even before the ball is snapped and backs off further after it it. Look at his hips in the second picture. Ginn is clearly running a little 6-8 yard curl route. Kaepernick should have started his throwing motion right then and it would have been an easy first down. Playing QB in the NFL is about anticipation of when a receiver will be open and Kaepernick clearly didn't have it on that play. I think more than 50% of NFL QBs make that throw before the receiver comes out of his break for an easy first down

I don't see why we are even discussing this, though. Kaepernick did not pick up the first down and it was on third down, anyway. It doesn't matter if he takes a sack there or not. If one of Kaepernick's best plays from the game is one that had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game that shows that he had a pretty bad game.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 12-05-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
The corner covering whoever the receiver on the far right is, I think Ginn, is way off even before the ball is snapped and backs off further after it it. Look at his hips in the second picture. Ginn is clearly running a little 6-8 yard curl route. Kaepernick should have started his throwing motion right then and it would have been an easy first down. Playing QB in the NFL is about anticipation of when a receiver will be open and Kaepernick clearly didn't have it on that play. I think more than 50% of NFL QBs make that throw before the receiver comes out of his break for an easy first down

I don't see why we are even discussing this, though. Kaepernick did not pick up the first down and it was on third down, anyway. It doesn't matter if he takes a sack there or not. If one of Kaepernick's best plays from the game is one that had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game that shows that he had a pretty bad game.
He probably didn't throw it because it was Ginn and if that's the case I don't blame him.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He probably didn't throw it because it was Ginn and if that's the case I don't blame him.
I would argue with you but I really can't
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Time to bust out my Y.A. Tittle pic.
I've interviewed Y. A. By far, the nicest athlete I've ever met. He was asking me more questions than I asked him. He unloaded a lot of QB knowledge which was amazing. He did an autograph signing the next day and he called me over to hangout for the rest of the event. Great Niner.

Also, Ginn should not be seeing any non-special teams snaps whatsoever.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I've interviewed Y. A. By far, the nicest athlete I've ever met. He was asking me more questions than I asked him. He unloaded a lot of QB knowledge which was amazing. He did an autograph signing the next day and he called me over to hangout for the rest of the event. Great Niner.

Also, Ginn should not be seeing any non-special teams snaps whatsoever.
To your first paragraph that I awesome I always hoped he was a guy like that. I have a lot of respect for what he did in his career.

Second I cringe anytime Ginn is on the field for the offense.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

How is it a 8 yard curl when you can CLEARLY see Ginn is still running upfield as he passes the first down marker, right when CK reverses field? Both those routes on that side of the field were deeper routes, design to open up the other two routes underneath on the other side. If the blitz isn't on him, he has time to hit the deep in that probably comes open on from the slot, on the opposite side but HELLO, he has a CB untouched, bearing down on him. AGAIN, WTF ARE LOOKING AT? Do you even know what kind of coverage your seeing? What the hell is there to 'anticipate' about secondary route that hasn't even come open yet? Or maybe you want CK getting blasted as he's trying to unleash a high-risk throw, across the field. Seriously, your hate isn't even funny anymore. What do you mean it doesn't matter because he didn't get a first down? Do you hear yourself? He escaped what would have been a negative play and gained 8 yards. And no one said it was his best play of the game, the author clearly states those are plays Alex doesn't make and more than likely eats a sack like always. This is why its hard to take you seriously when you ***** and moan about your "objectivity" because you have none.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, Ginn should not be seeing any snaps whatsoever.
Fixed that for you bud. :p
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How is it a 8 yard curl when you can CLEARLY see Ginn is still running upfield as he passes the first down marker, right when CK reverses field? Both those routes on that side of the field were deeper routes, design to open up the other two routes underneath on the other side. If the blitz isn't on him, he has time to hit the deep in that probably comes open on from the slot, on the opposite side but HELLO, he has a CB untouched, bearing down on him. AGAIN, WTF ARE LOOKING AT? Do you even know what kind of coverage your seeing? What the hell is there to 'anticipate' about secondary route that hasn't even come open yet? Or maybe you want CK getting blasted as he's trying to unleash a high-risk throw, across the field. Seriously, your hate isn't even funny anymore. What do you mean it doesn't matter because he didn't get a first down? Do you hear yourself? He escaped what would have been a negative play and gained 8 yards. And no one said it was his best play of the game, the author clearly states those are plays Alex doesn't make and more than likely eats a sack like always. This is why its hard to take you seriously when you ***** and moan about your "objectivity" because you have none.
I think maybe we are looking at a different picture. Ginn is CLEARLY already stopping in the second image and Kaepernick should have thrown it right then. Ginn's route is open from the beginning of the play and becomes even more open by the time the second image is taken.

I don't hate CK and this isn't even about Alex Smith. Like I said, I think the majority of NFL QBs make that throw for the first down.
Closed Thread