Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Again Vidae, I am very against picking ONE target. There is no way that helps us. I would rather him pick like 5 people and we can weigh in on what we think and have him kill one at random. I see the logic behind him possibly being SK and I don't disagree so I really could go either way but still leaning Brodeur. If TH does remain alive I would suggest he kills one of the many people not voting. Very likely 3 or more baddies are laying low.
I see two flaws here.

First, and most grievous, imagine if just about any other player claimed what TH is claiming after being tracked to a kill. If you, Gonzo, said that, you would have been lynched hours ago with very little afterthought. TH comes across as a more likeable, innocent seeming guy, so people are willing to give him more of a pass.

Second, imagine us trying to come up with a list of 5 people when we can't even agree on one to lynch. Every new name thrown out there will just raise a **** storm as that guy tries to defend himself from being on the dreaded list.

I'll go back to what I was saying earlier, Brody might be the safer pick, but eliminating a potential SK this early would be huge.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Even if we had a clearcut target for TH to kill the mafia would just roleblock him anyways. If they wanted to be really cunning they would roleblock him regardless and then use that info to get us to lynch a good guy tomorrow. Either way there is little upside to keeping him around and enough downside for me to vote for him even if I do believe he is in fact good.
No there is little upside to go with the pick one guy for him to kill. By little I mean no upside. I am with Woot, look at the people laying low and I saw he gives us some names he is thinking about. We don't pick one but giving us a number of names would mean at least one baddie on that list I am betting and that will scare the mafia.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
ATL isn't talking much. He is much more vocal in this normally....
He's probably a townie. Seriously, whenever he doesn't have powers, he half asses the entire game. I've witnessed it while modding a bunch of times. He is more than capable of swinging the balance of power for his side when gives a ****.
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys like TBW/ATL/Snicho/Deep/R4L

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok I'm off to a final but will post some thoughts when I am back just so people don't think I am inactive or not following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I see two flaws here.

First, and most grievous, imagine if just about any other player claimed what TH is claiming after being tracked to a kill. If you, Gonzo, said that, you would have been lynched hours ago with very little afterthought. TH comes across as a more likeable, innocent seeming guy, so people are willing to give him more of a pass.

Second, imagine us trying to come up with a list of 5 people when we can't even agree on one to lynch. Every new name thrown out there will just raise a **** storm as that guy tries to defend himself from being on the dreaded list.

I'll go back to what I was saying earlier, Brody might be the safer pick, but eliminating a potential SK this early would be huge.
I don't think you can compare him to me though. There are a bunch of posters who would be in the same boat as him now, as in not dead. I would be lynched fairly quickly if anything bad came out about me.

I am not suggesting we agree on a target for him. That is up to me. I think bringing up names only helps us. How many mafia have we caught because they slipped up defending themselves? A ******* lot. This is why grilling people is a great strategy for the town imo.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Guys like TBW/ATL/Snicho/Deep/R4L
We are on the same page Woot. Great list of people right there.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deep often plays these game quietly and like BB said, when ATL is just a townie, he is less interested, so I'm not concerned with them yet. But Snicho and R4L are guys who could be evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it seems OSU isn't the best option. Even if TH and Brody are both evil, TH kills random people. In a game this size, odds are it'll be a good guy.

Unvote OSU

vote TH

sorry dreamy eyed lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I like these moments where there is a flurry of voting and debate followed by 10 minutes of nothing...

Unvote - TH
Vote - Brody

I still think TH is the higher reward target, but I don't think we're going to convince the needed majority of that. Lynch Brody, if he is mafia, we knock off a low level Roleblocker but we at least get one on the lynch board.

As for TH's group of recommended targets, I say pick from the bottom again. Choose an inactive who isn't contributing and see what happens.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you're going to kill a good guy because the majority is more likely to kill me, instead of a higher value target? Seems about right, BB.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killing Brody is not the safe choice:

If both are evil, killing a serial killer is better than killing a roleblocker.
If both are good, losing a vigilante is better than losing a jailkeeper.

In both cases, killing TH is better, And since we aren't confident that either is good or bad, I have to think TH is the better route.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-05-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So you're going to kill a good guy because the majority is more likely to kill me, instead of a higher value target? Seems about right, BB.
Brodeur, give us some insight into how you can help us please? Like I said before, a list of a few people you could roleblock and why would be very helpful.

I am sure everyone is shocked I have another suspicion but Scotty popping in to weakly vote TH rings some alarm bells.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Brodeur, give us some insight into how you can help us please? Like I said before, a list of a few people you could roleblock and why would be very helpful.

I am sure everyone is shocked I have another suspicion but Scotty popping in to weakly vote TH rings some alarm bells.
Sorry, I was at work all day and just got back briefly. In the middle of a zombies game at the moment (I'm down :( )

I'll write up more. But it seems that everyone who as a vote or voice is suspicious to you so really it's not a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With 30 members remaining, 16 votes are needed for a majority:

TitanHope (11) - Brothgar, jrdrylie, Forenci, CJSchneider, TBW, OSUGiants, Rufus, vidae, Todd Bertuzzi, scotty, fenikz

Brodeur (7) – GOW, Bulldogs, Dr. Gonzo, Caddy, Rob S, Woot, BeerBaron

OSUGiants (2) - Cashmoneydrew, ATLDirtyBirds,

Bulldogs (2) - Jensen, Brodeur

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 12-05-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i trust TH but any chance to stop night killings is a plus

vote: TH

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just for the next day:

people please dont do it like today and just provide the people with stuff they can hide into

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo this is slowly stalling....

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah.

We need to make a decision. It looks like it's either going to be Brody or TH.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vote: TH
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Soooo this is slowly stalling....
This has been a very long day two. All the information that is going to come out has already come out. The arguments for TH and Broduer have been made. The 8 people who haven't voted yet (Deep, R4L, TH, IBC, McGee, Jvig, Vikes, & Snicho) need to hurry up and vote because really nothing else needs to be said today.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just woke up. After reading the last 10 pages, I think BB has said a few words of wisdom in his argument as to why TH is the better option... Gonzo's seems relatively weak. Sure we could have used TH to our advantage and tried to manipulate his powers, but its way too risky, and things could definitely go wrong for the town, and Im not sure I want to risk that.
Vote: TH
Old 12-05-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, guys, I had two exams and a speech today, so I was pretty well busy all day.

I believe TH is telling the truth. If he weren't, the actual vigilante would have come out and said something. I'm not at all convinced Brody is lying, but I dislike his attitude of basically just calling us idiots and not offering any insight.

Lynch Brodeur

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With 30 members remaining, 16 votes are needed for a majority:

TitanHope (13) - Brothgar, jrdrylie, Forenci, CJSchneider, TBW, OSUGiants, Rufus, vidae, Todd Bertuzzi, scotty, fenikz, McGee, Snicho

Brodeur (8) – GOW, Bulldogs, Dr. Gonzo, Caddy, Rob S, Woot, BeerBaron, Deep

OSUGiants (2) - Cashmoneydrew, ATLDirtyBirds,

Bulldogs (2) - Jensen, Brodeur

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I see two flaws here.

Im sorry if this sounds stupid, I have the flu, so my head is currently not working clearly... BB, I completely understand why Brody is the safer pick, and TH the more beneficial in the long run... So then how come BB you've still voted for Brody, I thought the whole point of your arguments have been to show why TH is the better target? Maybe I'm missing something here.