Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe the A's protected Ynoa.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I edit greeting card after greeting card at the online retailer I work at. Josh Willingham's family greeting card came up on my computer listed under VIP status. Weird. Nice looking family though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scutaro for 3 years and Pagan for 4 years? This guy has won 2 WS. Incredible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orioles bringing back Nate McLouth. 1-year, $2M with up to $500k in bonuses per Ken Rosenthal's twitter.

Jeff Keppinger to White Sox, 3-year, $12M, also per Rosenthal's twitter.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Chavez to the D-Backs, 1-year, $3M

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...3b-eric-chavez

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I can't even trash him anymore!!!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't even trash him anymore!!!
I'll do it for you. It just boggles the mind how that happened.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-05-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll do it for you. It just boggles the mind how that happened.
It's because the ownership group wants to physically cash in (again) on the extended revenue from winning the WS. They added the extra year to each to get the AAV down. They'll be pocketing a ton of cash in the next year, like they did 2 years ago. I hate it, but that is how they've always operated.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
It's because the ownership group wants to physically cash in (again) on the extended revenue from winning the WS. They added the extra year to each to get the AAV down. They'll be pocketing a ton of cash in the next year, like they did 2 years ago. I hate it, but that is how they've always operated.
I meant how Sabean won 2 WS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I meant how Sabean won 2 WS.
Haha. Well, I can't really fathom it either. It is quite enjoyable though. One more and we can say Sabean built a dynasty ... and then get him a bust in the HOF .... yuck.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Zito contract will be off the payroll by then, so it really doesn't affect them. They'll probably be worth nothing by the end of their contracts, but that happens a lot. Posey will be a FA in 3 years, and Affeldt and Scutaro will be off the payroll by then, so you guys will be fine.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are teams trying to trade for Dee Gordan?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I remember about Dee Gordon is him completely missing his throw at first base and then missing to catch that ball at second base in the same play. but speedzzz I guess

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Andy Oliver still a good prospect/pitcher? I know he was rushed, but does he still have potential? Pirates just traded for him.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Why are teams trying to trade for Dee Gordan?
They believe in his speed and think he can develop more. I don't think he's ready for the big leagues quite yet and he got rushed a little.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not sure if Amaro knows its the offseason, and Im kind of OK with that.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Is Andy Oliver still a good prospect/pitcher? I know he was rushed, but does he still have potential? Pirates just traded for him.
He still has good stuff, but his mental makeup and control suck ass.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else think its ******** to trade Upton straight up for Cabrera let alone adding Skaggs/Bauer/whoever

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
anyone else think its ******** to trade Upton straight up for Cabrera let alone adding Skaggs/Bauer/whoever
it would be ******** to trade any one of those 3 straight up for cabrera. kevin towers is ruining this team i hope he gets fired soon

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Angels wheeling and dealing today. First Sean Burnett and now Joe Blanton.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blanton, a nice consolation prize for not bringing back Greinke[/sarcasm]

I do like the Burnett pickup though. Very cheap and a very solid reliever. They better get one of Sanchez, Marcum or McCarthy now, even after the Blanton pickup. He should be the #5 starter
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
No potential remaining as a starting pitcher. He could be a usable left-handed reliever ... maybe.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF. When I left the rumor was that the Halos were signing Blanton to a 1yr deal. Wasn't a fan of it, but could tolerate that

but a freakin 2yr/$15 mill deal....with a 3rd OPTION year? By all means, they cannot let that option year vest. Don't get this at all

with all of the arms still out there, why the hell did they go this route. Jerome Williams or GArrett Richards could probably duplicate the 4.50+ ERA that Blanton seems good for. $7.5 mill a year for a damn league average arm...total waste. Only positive is that $7.5 mill is chump change for the Halos, but it's beyond annoying to see them constantly wasting money on such mediocre production. I guess they wanted to replace Homervin with a similar pitcher(Blanton gave up 39 HR's last season)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Giants re-sign Scutaro 20m 3 years
Bwahahaha!!! That's funny.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
WTF. When I left the rumor was that the Halos were signing Blanton to a 1yr deal. Wasn't a fan of it, but could tolerate that

but a freakin 2yr/$15 mill deal....with a 3rd OPTION year? By all means, they cannot let that option year vest. Don't get this at all

with all of the arms still out there, why the hell did they go this route. Jerome Williams or GArrett Richards could probably duplicate the 4.50+ ERA that Blanton seems good for. $7.5 mill a year for a damn league average arm...total waste. Only positive is that $7.5 mill is chump change for the Halos, but it's beyond annoying to see them constantly wasting money on such mediocre production. I guess they wanted to replace Homervin with a similar pitcher(Blanton gave up 39 HR's last season)

Blanton can give Angels 200 innings a season. That is something Williams and Richards could not do.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote