Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who represents the AFC in the Super Bowl? (3/4 season poll)
Houston 11 16.92%
New England 15 23.08%
Baltimore 6 9.23%
Denver 27 41.54%
Andrew Luck 3 4.62%
Pittsburgh 1 1.54%
Cinci miracle 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I Want

Washington vs. Indianapolis

What I Expect

Atlanta/San Francisco vs. Denver/Houston

What I Loathe

(Insert Team) vs. Pittsburgh/New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I would say Houston or Pittsburgh because I fully expect Manning, Brandy and Flacco to blow it in the playoffs.
What makes you say that? Gut instinct?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of Denver love, but I went with Houston.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that Andrew Luck is an option but I think its Houston.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Houston are the most balanced team, however the playoffs are all about getting hot at the right time.

Both the Pats and the Broncos are rounding nicely into form and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the AFCCG. However if the Ravens ever decide to ride Ray Rice then they have a great shot too, and you never know what getting Roethlisberger back could do to the Steelers.

If I had to go on my gut instinct right now I would say the Broncos. The Pats live and die with Brady and if the offense had another day like it did against Miami then I don't see the defense making enough stops

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I love that Andrew Luck is an option.
Thank you... yeah I am told that he's the greatest QB ever at this stage of his career.

The AFC playoffs excite me.... I just hope all the teams can keep their QB's healthy..... nobody wants to see TJ Yates running a playoff show.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A better JJ Watt, a healthy Schaub, I have to put my money there especially with the injuries on the Ravens D ( although it does look as if theyre progressing ). I love Denver this year but I honestly cant get on board with them over the likes of Houston's homefield.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
A better JJ Watt, a healthy Schaub, I have to put my money there especially with the injuries on the Ravens D ( although it does look as if theyre progressing ). I love Denver this year but I honestly cant get on board with them over the likes of Houston's homefield.
Houston are acually one of the teams where homefield advantage isn't a massive difference. They actually have a better record away (unbeaten this year). The Ravens and Pats would benefit the most from homefield advantage throughout IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Houston to win it all in July, but really think Denver has the edge right now. Broncos my pick.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard for me to count out Manning the way his looking right now, but even 100% healthy Manning was never a big time playoff player. This Denver team is way ahead most of his late Colts teams, but I'll believe it when I see it. He is getting stronger each week.

Houston has the best team but the best team doesn't always in the playoffs. Brady is Brady so the Pats are always there. Luck and the Colts are just too young and not as talented. I could see them win one though.

The Ravens aren't completely dead, but they need to win games down the stretch to get some home playoff games and to get in a rhythm. Despite our inconsistencies, we generally are pretty tough in the playoffs and come to play. Flacco has made plays in clutch situations actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Steelers took a big step backwards today, wow. Maybe trade Norv Turner for Tomlin?

Ravens also the tough blown game vs Kirk Cousins.

Bengals? They didn't take advantage either.

Break out the Browns... they gained a game on everyone in that division.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

This smackdown should shake things up a bit..... 11 who had Houston.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I picked Houston to win it all in July, but really think Denver has the edge right now. Broncos my pick.
Same here. Houston was my preseason pick, but now I think it'll be Denver.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote