Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Not only that take advantage of Dunlap and Gene being overly aggressive and run counters and draws. Hold on I just checked that would be smart gameplanning. We'll have to wait till the second half.
Hahahhaa. Sad but so true. 1st down HB dive for 4 yards, second down HB dive opposite side for 2 yards, 3rd down 7 step drop with a sack by Dunlap beating Free. Repeat until the 2 minute warning when we go no huddle, spread everyone out, and score a TD in 45 seconds bringing us to only being down 13 by halftime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Costa to IR. Signed Darrion Weems (OT from Oregon). Ratliff close to returning but did not practice.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-cowboys-game/

Bring it Pacman!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahaha. Not so sure if any of you guys have ever watched The League on FX, but I just caught the first episode of season 4 and Jerry Jones is in it. Taco buys DallasCowboys.com and Jerry Jones flies Taco and the guys out to training camp to negotiate a deal to get the website back. Witten, Felix, and Ratliff make appearances as well. I'd recommend watching The League if you are into fantasy football.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Hahahaha. Not so sure if any of you guys have ever watched The League on FX, but I just caught the first episode of season 4 and Jerry Jones is in it. Taco buys DallasCowboys.com and Jerry Jones flies Taco and the guys out to training camp to negotiate a deal to get the website back. Witten, Felix, and Ratliff make appearances as well. I'd recommend watching The League if you are into fantasy football.
The League is great and that episode was funny!!!

Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love 'The League'. It's honestly one of my favorite shows lol really the premise of it had me hooked but it's pretty awesome. I need to check for that episode on Netflix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing about that is that dallascowboys.com actually did expire and the cowboys really did have to negotiate to get it back...website was down for a day or so because of it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Ratliff is out, go figure!!! This should be his last year with us. Are there heavy cap implications if he's cut?

Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has 6 million in bonus money left per Spotrac and his base salary jumps to 5 million next year. So provided the bonus money is accurate it would cost 1 million more to cut him than keep him. If we wait another year his salary will be 5.5 million with remaining bonus of 4 million which nets to a 1.5 million saving by cutting him.

I highly doubt we cut Ratliff prior to next season although he will definitely not make it to the end of his contract. If I were a betting man I would say after next season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jay-ratliff/
Old 12-07-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trollol
Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

He mad. Real mad.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
He has 6 million in bonus money left per Spotrac and his base salary jumps to 5 million next year. So provided the bonus money is accurate it would cost 1 million more to cut him than keep him. If we wait another year his salary will be 5.5 million with remaining bonus of 4 million which nets to a 1.5 million saving by cutting him.

I highly doubt we cut Ratliff prior to next season although he will definitely not make it to the end of his contract. If I were a betting man I would say after next season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jay-ratliff/
by my math, we would actually save $1M in cap room if he was cut (or traded) this next off-season.

Stays in 2013: Base Salary $5M + $2M pro-rated bonus = $7M Cap Hit
Released : Accelerated Signing Bonus Cap Hit = $6M Cap Hit.

Also, keeping him means Jerry writes out a check for $5M over 17 weeks for Ratliff. Releasing him means no further money paid out.

To me, a million dollars in additional cap room doesn't justify not having Ratliff in the line-up. You certainly can't replace him for $1M. I think a move to a 4-3 would really benefit Ratliff, as well as Ware, Lee, and Carter.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting article on BTB talking about how great Romo has played in recent Decembers.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...rocks-december

Quote:
Yet as good as Romo has been - and let's be very clear here: no QB has been better - the Cowboys only managed a paltry 4-4 record in the eight full December games Romo played from 2009-2012. That's pitiful. And it's also a clear illustration that as good as your QB may be, football is still a team game.
If the Cowboys are going to get over the hump they gotta stop giving up big leads and making bad mistakes. People keep pointing to Romo as if it were as simple as him being a bad player during these months, but he's done what he could and produced.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default IR Scandrick

We have to let the young kids play....and see what they got.

Cowboys placed CB Orlando Scandrick (hand) on season-ending injured reserve.
Scandrick broke his hand on Thanksgiving Day against the Redskins and was given a 6-8 week timetable for return. He would have only been available if the Cowboys made a deep playoff run. NT Rob Callaway was signed from the practice squad in a corresponding move.

I hope they don't go down early....I hate watching them playing catch up. It like they do everything they can to see if they can win it from behind. I am not sure who calls more plays Garrett or if Romo changes most of them..but Garrentt plays to conservative...i have seen time and time again when we have the lead that right after that when we can go up by 2 scores, Garrett goes back to his RB and calls two straight running plays and expects to pass on 3 and 8. U can't go to the well to often. Mis-Direction is what he should call. He should call plays one day the opposite of what they like to do...HE MIGHT SUCCEED. Garrett needs to allow other coaches to give impout....not that i know if he does or doesn't but as a fan...i believe he doesn't.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad and breaking news josh brent has been booked by the irving police on intoxication manslaughter.even worse is the victim is cowboys practice squad linebacker jerry brown

m.tmz.com/2012/12/08/josh-brent-arrested-dallas-cowboys-manslaughter/

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 12-08-2012 at 02:16 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Brent killed a practice squad player in a car accident....alcohol involved...

Rat needs to come back asap.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Jerry Brown
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ******* idiot. Only sympathy i feel here is for Brown and his family. I hope Brent serves every last day of his sentence.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I really didn't see this coming. I never understood how these guys roll the dice and don't arrange for a driver. Very sad for the Brown family and on a much lower note it hurts the team as a whole with Josh's carelessness.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I feel for Jerry Brown's family and everyone close to him. RIP

Old 12-08-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Tragic and downright stupidly preventable. All NFL players have "Safe Rides" through the NFLPA and enough money to hire a personal driver for their drinking plans.

Thoughts go out to Jerry Brown's family and friends.

On a non-Brent related note Calloway is going to get extended minutes and hopefully show us the same flashes as from training camp.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I dont feel good about this game. Maybe we can win a shootout but I think Cinn 34-27. Hope Im wrong. What are you guys thinking?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Well I dont feel good about this game. Maybe we can win a shootout but I think Cinn 34-27. Hope Im wrong. What are you guys thinking?
i thought that earlier too but now in light of the recent situation, i think were go out there and play inspired football find a way to win this game. maybe i'm crazy but i think we're gonna play one of the best games we've played all year
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Bengals match our weaknesses nicely. They can get pressure with 3 or 4 man rushes. They can run the ball against the interior efficiently. They can attack the deep areas of the field when given time.

Not confident at all. Injuries and the recent stupidity have depleted core areas of our defense and I have little faith in our offensive line.

Bar is set low. If we pull out a victory I'm going to be euphoric.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Running game is working. 3rd and 1? PA Naked boot. Garrett STOP BEING CUTE. If that would of been handed off every defender was blocked and Murray had an open lane to the corner.

-_-