Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expendables one was so awful, I went in expecting bad and it was even worse. The CGI blood was some of the worst I have ever seen, and how is Dolph back in the second movie after betraying them and dying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Expendables one was so awful, I went in expecting bad and it was even worse. The CGI blood was some of the worst I have ever seen, and how is Dolph back in the second movie after betraying them and dying?
What's funny is that Bruce Willis is such a better actor than the rest of that cast that it only exacerbates how awful everyone in the film is.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Dolph didn't die, he was alive at the end and they all forgave him because he was high on heroin. Or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What's funny is that Bruce Willis is such a better actor than the rest of that cast that it only exacerbates how awful everyone in the film is.
I thought Bruce Willis, Arnold, and Chuck Norris had probably the most forced lines in any movie this year. God that was annoying. I thought Liam Hemsworth was clearly the only decent guy in the cast.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arnold was brutal and Willis wasn't so great, either, I'd agree. All of Norris in that movie was just ridiculous.

JCVD was the best, as he always has been.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also thought CGI Arnold in Terminator 4 had a more realistic looking face than actual Arnold in the movie. That's pretty sad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
What do I need to know about this? Is it a remake?
Great book, definitely worth a read. It's really light and not that hard to get into. One of my favorites of all time.

And that picture pisses me off for so many reasons. Ugh. I really hope they don't **** this movie up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I thought Bruce Willis, Arnold, and Chuck Norris had probably the most forced lines in any movie this year. God that was annoying. I thought Liam Hemsworth was clearly the only decent guy in the cast.
I am not saying that the lines weren't forced (I mean, jesus, that dialogue was goddamn awful), but Bruce Willis, of all the people in that movie, is the only one who is a decent actor and the rest belong in B movies at this point.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When didn't that cast belong in B movies haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am not saying that the lines weren't forced (I mean, jesus, that dialogue was goddamn awful), but Bruce Willis, of all the people in that movie, is the only one who is a decent actor and the rest belong in B movies at this point.
HEY, LIAM HEMSWORTH IS A PERFECTLY DECENT ACTOR AS WELL. Don't care for this ignoring of him. And Bruce has done multiple godawful movies this year that have gone straight to DVD, basically. He likes the money.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-07-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Willis was the last sacred bastion safe from Brodeur's hate. It has collapsed.

John McClane is all that is man. We don't say bad things about Bruce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I loved him in Looper, which I keep saying is going to be a Sci-Fi classic in due time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I loved him in Looper, which I keep saying is going to be a Sci-Fi classic in due time.
I still feel you are overrating it. It's all about The Master ************. Looper just left me wanting more. Love JGL but as far as time travel movies go, I am going with Primer.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Expendables 2 was a lot of fun. You guys just like to ***** too much.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I thought Expendables 2 was a lot of fun. You guys just like to ***** too much.
I am with the people bitching about the movie. I kept hearing it was fun and better than the awful first. I really did not like it at all. Waste of my time. They really needed Stone Cold Steve Austin delivering stunners for no reason or something like that.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am with the people bitching about the movie. I kept hearing it was fun and better than the awful first. I really did not like it at all. Waste of my time. They really needed Stone Cold Steve Austin delivering stunners for no reason or something like that.
Well what movie doesn't need that?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I still feel you are overrating it. It's all about The Master ************. Looper just left me wanting more. Love JGL but as far as time travel movies go, I am going with Primer.
A movie that is incomplete as all hell and has no real end felt complete to you, but Looper, which told a full story, leaves you wanting more. Sure.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's ok gonzo, I forgive you for you are canadian. But Expendables 2 was fun and worth watching once, it's no Shoot Em Up or Red, which I still enjoy re-watching, but it was fun that first time.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
A movie that is incomplete as all hell and has no real end felt complete to you, but Looper, which told a full story, leaves you wanting more. Sure.
I do not need to be force fed a conventional story so yes. I do not mean wanting more as in the story was not complete, I just wish I liked the movie more. First half, great. Second half I just kind of found boring. Didn't care much for the characters and didn't find myself really invested in the outcome. Also saw the ending coming which felt kind of forced and bland. The Master was a window into these wonderful characters. Beautifully shot with powerful themes and despite how unconventional it was it felt complete to me. It felt real and not at all forced. I left The Master with so many questions, I was in awe really and continue to talk about it with those who have seen it. I left Looper thinking that was a pretty damn good movie. The Master will stay with me, Looper is just kind of forgettable imo.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
It's ok gonzo, I forgive you for you are canadian. But Expendables 2 was fun and worth watching once, it's no Shoot Em Up or Red, which I still enjoy re-watching, but it was fun that first time.
See to me Shoot Em Up and Red are perfect examples of what Expendables 2 should have been. I felt it really fell flat in that respect. Just felt dumb and a waste of time even on the first viewing. To each his own though.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I have always had a soft spot for dumb action movies and I'd agree that Expendables 2 fell drastically short of those other two, but I still laughed while watching it.

Also I think you have a point about Looper, I did enjoy it a lot, but there was something that it lacked that could've made it really awesome instead of just really good.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I have always had a soft spot for dumb action movies and I'd agree that Expendables 2 fell drastically short of those other two, but I still laughed while watching it.

Also I think you have a point about Looper, I did enjoy it a lot, but there was something that it lacked that could've made it really awesome instead of just really good.
I love Rian Johnson too. Brothers Bloom was very enjoyable, he has directed two of my favorite episodes of Breaking Bad (in fact my friends groan whenever the show is mentioned because they know I will start ranting about 'The Fly') and LOVED Brick. Looper just didn't do it for me like I wanted it to. Top 10 from 2012 for sure but I felt it fell just a bit short of what it should have been, something truly fantastic, the sci fi classic Brodeur seems to think it is.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
See to me Shoot Em Up and Red are perfect examples of what Expendables 2 should have been. I felt it really fell flat in that respect. Just felt dumb and a waste of time even on the first viewing. To each his own though.
Shoot Em Up is brilliant for its satire of action films.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have rather had an incomplete story from Looper than that third act. It was terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Shut the **** up APS, go back to being drunk.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-07-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I would have rather had an incomplete story from Looper than that third act. It was terrible.
I wouldn't say terrible but certainly underwhelming. I see where you are coming from though. There was such a build up and I was expecting something incredible to close the movie, something unique, and I found it bland and disappointing.