Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, R4L, TBW, and CMD all didn't vote. The thread is open for a day and a half and you can't find a second to vote? Add them to the list

Rob
snicho
Renji
Caddy
Deep
R4L
TBW
CMD

I know that list is 32% of the people in the game but there are 6 or 7 evil people left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Jvig, explain to me how Gonzo is suspicious. He had a watch and there was no other way to know that the good jailkeeper targeting rob s then him actually taracking
Yeah it makes no sense for Gonzo to be bad.

Anyway, I don't like R4L here. School is killing me is the oldest trick in the book and we all know Mexicans don't care about school anyway. I do caution though, we have no evidence here so it would be a risky, BD style, intuition based lynch. I dont like being the guy that requests this, but if anyone has actual info we probably need to hear it now considering the massive hole we've dug ourselves.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See I don't mind suspicion being thrown my way, keeps me alive. There are ways though tonight through watches and other things to keep Woot and myself alive and nabbing one mafia. I am not going to say what because it will give away the plan but let's be smart about this tonight and tear **** up tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Gonzo isn't evil. I only know this because I am good and can confirm I was actually roleblocked. I've never heard of a bad watcher. Considering Brody wasn;t evil, it's not like Gonzo and Brody could've been working together. I just don't see how Gonzo is evil.
I don't see the evil part with Gonzo either, but even though we know that you were jailkept, how does that clear you in our eyes? The only thing we know is that you aren't the SK. Maybe I missed something along the way, but can Gonzo clear you or someone else maybe?

I mean you said this to me on page 38

Quote:
He could be either. The point is, there is no better option out there for a kill. It's bad gameplay letting Brody survive, good or evil. You have to use logic here.....the town outnumbers the mafia in the game....it's a 50/50 chance Brody is mafia....you take that chance if you're the town every time. It's simple math really. You also don't give the mafia a chance to win a power up at this stage of the game, that's also a pretty simple concept to figure out.
Then 12 hours later, your tone kind of changed to how either Brody or TH has to be the kill. Almost like you wanted the a quick lynch on Brody to keep the vigilante alive to ensure a third kill that night.

Doesn't really matter since we lost three yesterday anyway.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am most suspicious of: OSU, TBW, Caddy, R4L and any bottom 5 poster.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Jvig, explain to me how Gonzo is suspicious. He had a watch and there was no other way to know that the good jailkeeper targeting rob s then him actually taracking
There are other ways. First there is a shield who gets all the actions given to other mafia members. Second there have been evil watchers/trackers and I think Shane has actually used them. So it isn't that cut and dry. You would have to make the large assumption that Rob is good.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am willing to back off BB but let's all come to a consensus. Off that list Rob I would go with TBW or R4L. Between those two, what are everyone's thoughts?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think TBW would be the safer bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Broth you voted for me and ****** the town. Redeem yourself. Any thoughts on choosing between TBW and R4L?
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
I don't see the evil part with Gonzo either, but even though we know that you were jailkept, how does that clear you in our eyes? The only thing we know is that you aren't the SK. Maybe I missed something along the way, but can Gonzo clear you or someone else maybe?

it absolutely doesn't clear me. but i am good and i think the way i have played the game so openly speaks to that

I mean you said this to me on page 38

Then 12 hours later, your tone kind of changed to how either Brody or TH has to be the kill. Almost like you wanted the a quick lynch on Brody to keep the vigilante alive to ensure a third kill that night.

Doesn't really matter since we lost three yesterday anyway.

my "tone changed" just because it was starting to become a cluster **** and I realized 2 might die. If the town wanted to go TH (which the votes indicated), I could get behind that as, you know, we had actual evidence that he killed someone. I just though it was really effing dumb that anyone would even consider voting for BD and acted accordingly to keep him alive.
10 char.....
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I think TBW would be the safer bet.
As I stated before I am leaning that way. Damix would be a nice safeclaim for R4L but I am slightly more suspicious of TBW. R4L tends to parrot a lot when he is mafia and I am not seeing too much of that right now.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Broth you voted for me and ****** the town. Redeem yourself. Any thoughts on choosing between TBW and R4L?
I guess throw Broth on the list. His vote for you was hilariously dumb. Before you make the point again about your one vote not making a difference, I don't care....you still completely wasted a vote. It was dumb.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need to rush to any decision. I don't think the trivia stops regardless of if we meet a consensus or not. I think it is much more important for the town that we solve it first.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
As I stated before I am leaning that way. Damix would be a nice safeclaim for R4L but I am slightly more suspicious of TBW. R4L tends to parrot a lot when he is mafia and I am not seeing too much of that right now.
R4L tends to be a parrot whenever he plays mafia.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few more juicy tidbits based on voting counts

At 1:30, it was TH with 11, BD with 8, and Brodeur with 6. If it ended there, the results would have been the same as they were 5 hours late. So what changed to cause a three way death?

Well first, TBW unvoted TH because he thought both him and BD were mafia. He seemed liked he wanted more than one person to die. Next to change votes was Rob. He changed from TH to Brody. I know you thought those two should be the ones who died, but had you just kept your vote, you would have gotten half of your wish and saved a good guy. You then implored others to switch their votes. OSU is next, voting Bulldogs to put him in the lead. But that didn't have much of an effect.

Then Bulldogs came in like an asshole, unvoted TH and voted Brody. This cause TH and Brody to be tied, causing a three way tie. What a stupid thing to do if you are good. Maybe you should go talk to your brother the GOAT so he can teach you a thing or two. I'm sorry for slandering your name TH. You had nothing to do with the three-way death. It was all Bulldogs.

So based on that, Rob and TBW come off looking the worst (along with snicho and Renji). Rob's actions outside of this don't scream mafia to me, so I'd be willing to give him a pass for the time being. I think it should come down to TBW and snicho.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-07-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
R4L tends to be a parrot whenever he plays mafia.
Agreed but I have been mafia with him, he does it even more when evil. I am starting to think maybe we should just ******* lynch Broth here. I mean, c'mon. His plan is to decide nothing until we reach trivia? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, CMD's logic behind voting for me was completely made up/sensationalism at best. I don't think he is evil, but I could have been a decent candidate to get a quick lynch on.
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I don't think we need to rush to any decision. I don't think the trivia stops regardless of if we meet a consensus or not. I think it is much more important for the town that we solve it first.
Trivia only happens if the day is still going on. If we reach a majority by noon, no trivia.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CMD would make sense. Seems as though a lot of people are suspicious of him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Are you purposefully ignoring the fact that I didn't **** the town? How exactly did I do that 9-8-8 gives you the same three deaths as 8-8-8 stop being ********. I really have no thoughts if I had to choose I'd go with neither. R4L highly appears to be Damix and that isn't a strategy I'd see him go for in day 1 TBW hasn't really posted enough and when he did it made sense for the town. So I'd say neither.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Are you purposefully ignoring the fact that I didn't **** the town? How exactly did I do that 9-8-8 gives you the same three deaths as 8-8-8 stop being ********. I really have no thoughts if I had to choose I'd go with neither. R4L highly appears to be Damix and that isn't a strategy I'd see him go for in day 1 TBW hasn't really posted enough and when he did it made sense for the town. So I'd say neither.
Pretending to be Damix would be his strategy if Damix was his safe claim.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Agreed but I have been mafia with him, he does it even more when evil. I am starting to think maybe we should just ******* lynch Broth here. I mean, c'mon. His plan is to decide nothing until we reach trivia? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?
That's the thing that makes playing with Broth hard. Every day you have to ask yourself, evil or broth up?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Alright, cool. I brought up TBW as my number two choice after BB earlier, he seems like a good choice. Let's turn up the pressure. I will also say that yes, Bulldogs is awful. Brodeur was awful too. TH attempting to be noble also didn't help. That said, TBW it is.

Unvote: BB

Vote: TBW
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Stop being ******** I'm saying we don't need to rush to a consensus which seems to be your plan.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The final action doesn't matter. You were content to waste a vote, that's a sin of the highest order in this game. If you were mafia, no way in hell you'd vote during a 3 way tie...then all it would take is one additional vote to get just 2 kills. You chose not to vote. It was unexplainably dumb.