Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.17%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 125 32.13%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.54%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.88%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 32 8.23%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 78 20.05%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman has a stronger arm than Bradford does.

When the Bucs attempted a hail mary last week, he threw it from his own 40 and put the ball 5-yards deep into the end zone.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman has a great deep ball, but from what I've heard he struggles on a good amount of his intermediate throws.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Freeman has a great deep ball, but from what I've heard he struggles on a good amount of his intermediate throws.
This is true, but he's vastly improved in that area this season.

Freeman is never going to be a guy who completes 70% of his passes like Brees, but he's finding success this year because the coaches are intelligent enough to put him in an offense that emphasizes his strengths, primarily throwing it deep.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
I started thinking about it a little further and came up with these guys who Bradford's arm is either stronger or equal to:

Fitz
Sanchez
Brady
Brees
Cassel
Romo
Shaub
Luck
Locker
Gabbert / Henne
Rivers

Not sure about these guys, but they don't seem to have cannon's.

Weeden ?
Dalton ?
Rothlisberger ?
Eli ?
Peyton ?
Palmer ?
Wilson ?
Freeman ?
RG3 ?
I really cannot tell if this is a joke or not lol.

Palmer? Roethlisberger? Brady? Freeman? those 4 definitely have stronger arms than Bradford. There are a lot of other names on these 2 lists I would say have stronger arms as well, but not with the same kind of confidence as the ones I listed.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locker has a much stronger arm than Bradford. So do Gabbert/Henne/Freeman/Roethlisberger/Weeden/Palmer and RG3.

Locker/Gabbert/RG3 have near elite arm strength.

I'd say Bradford's arm is in the Eli/Ryan class, which is good enough. But his arm is nowhere near one of the strongest in the NFL.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Locker has a much stronger arm than Bradford. So do Gabbert/Henne/Freeman/Roethlisberger/Weeden/Palmer and RG3.

Locker/Gabbert/RG3 have near elite arm strength.

I'd say Bradford's arm is in the Eli/Ryan class, which is good enough. But his arm is nowhere near one of the strongest in the NFL.
Eli has a strong arm. Eli's arm is much stronger than Ryans...
Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay. Eli's arm strength sometimes is hard to gauge because I don't really see him making throws that often that rely on raw arm strength. But I've also never seen a game where Eli played and I thought 'he would have completed that throw if he had a stronger arm.'
Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Okay. Eli's arm strength sometimes is hard to gauge because I don't really see him making throws that often that rely on raw arm strength. But I've also never seen a game where Eli played and I thought 'he would have completed that throw if he had a stronger arm.'
The Super Bowl. The throw to Mario. He threw it while leaning all his weight off his back foot on a rope 60 yards down the field into a 3 inch window. That window was literally 3 inches. If that throw didn't display his arm strength, I don't know what does.

The thing with him is, he often doesn't rely on his arm. He's not Stafford or Cutler or RGIII with his arm strength, but he has a pretty strong arm. I don't have to worry about him not being able to make a throw.

I think the 5 biggest arms in the game right now are in no order:

Stafford
RGIII
Cutler
Rodgers
Flacco
Old 12-01-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Super Bowl. The throw to Mario. He threw it while leaning all his weight off his back foot on a rope 60 yards down the field into a 3 inch window. That window was literally 3 inches. If that throw didn't display his arm strength, I don't know what does.

The thing with him is, he often doesn't rely on his arm. He's not Stafford or Cutler or RGIII with his arm strength, but he has a pretty strong arm. I don't have to worry about him not being able to make a throw.

Stafford
RGIII
Cutler
Rodgers
Flacco
While Rodgers has a pretty good arm I don't know if its top 5 in terms of strength.

Agree manning has a strong arm. Just a lot of times ull see him throw off his back foot.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Stafford
RGIII
Cutler
Rodgers
Flacco
I can buy that.....
Some guys can throw it harder, and some guys can throw it further....
Wish they had these things at the scouting combine, measure the MPH on their fastballs, the outs.
And see how far each can air it out, max.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colin Kaepernick might have the next "big arm" if he establishes himself as a well rounded quarterback in this league. He puts a lot of velocity on the ball.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you do that?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Why do you do that?
What? Share my opinion? Probably because this is a message board and I'm entitled to like everyone else.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What? Share my opinion? Probably because this is a message board and I'm entitled to like everyone else.
You know what you did. I'm not even going to bother.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
You know what you did. I'm not even going to bother.
Oh I can't talk about a 49ers player anymore in a positive light because it's going to lead to some message board war involving 49ers fans and everyone else.

All I'm saying is I think Kaepernick has a big arm and he could turn into the next hot name in that category if he develops. I'm not crowning him or saying he's better than this player or that player. Stop trying to start something and then act like the victim. All I was doing was sharing my opinion. No one forced you to respond.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Thread is about comparing Freeman, Sanchez, Bradford, Ryan, Stafford, and Flacco.

Better talk about my teams QB who is also young!

Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

And Locker was just mentioned on the previous page. Go call out FUNBUNCHER too then. Or bigbludedefense for using Griffin III's name in a post. I think Cam Newton was also mentioned in this thread somewhere I'm sure. Time to go find those posts and lay down the law. Have fun with that Caddy.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am biased...there I said it...I think that Bradford has a very good arm, not the strongest, but very good. I also think he has as much accuracy as anyone out there...and I will take a very good accurate arm over Jake Locker's cannon any day.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Now I remembered why I stopped reading this thread!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:26 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter what, Flacco has a cannon and can really attack outside the numbers on a defense. Having actual deep threats is a big advantage for him and I think that he will continue to dial it in. Torrey Smith last year was the 1st down field receiver that he has had in his career. I love Boldin and loved Mason but neither guy gives what Torrey & Jacoby Jones do this year. Lee Evan would have been that guy last year too but injuries really messed up that plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman sucks
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Joe Flacco is the most talented, 'average' QB I think I've ever seen.
He should be flat out better and he's not.
Totally inconsistent.

EDIT: Just heard Flacco described as the new Vinny Testaverde.lol
Too bad it's true.

All world talent but.......!

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 12-10-2012 at 05:40 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to reiterate the same point I've made several times... Matthew Stafford IS Mark Sanchez, he's just throwing to Calvin Johnson...

Thank you and hope you all had a wonderful holidays.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now I remembered why I stopped reading this thread!
Yeah but I just read this latest page and got a ton of LOL moments.... good stuff fellas.

Calling Stafford "Sanchez".... that's low.

Matty Ice gets his crack at the Niners next week, can't wait.
That game is a 5-star for sure.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Yeah but I just read this latest page and got a ton of LOL moments.... good stuff fellas.

Calling Stafford "Sanchez".... that's low.

Matty Ice gets his crack at the Niners next week, can't wait.
That game is a 5-star for sure.
They play Seattle next week they have to wait one more week for the Niners.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote