Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-08-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 14: Chiefs AT Browns

Discuss the upcoming game here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to their losing ways?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Back to their losing ways?
I think so. Last week was fueled by a tragedy. This week it should be back to business as usual.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think they will be down this week. Also it seems like the Browns are at least competetive in their games. Weeden makes some plays but glad he is not a Chief.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hai guyz. Do you guys often try to get Charles to the edge? I haven't seen much of your squad this season. I don't really give a **** what others think about this being a game of bad teams, I am actually really looking forward to it.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Charles is a master at edge runs, so ya, we get him to the edge quite a bit.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i see this as a huge let down. this team needs to exhale after the last 7 days events. this game is their exhale. Cleveland is WAY better than their record. they play good defense and, at times, they can move the ball well. they can run or throw (although a top WR is a huge need for them, IMO). playing @ home agaist a team ready to roll over seems like a recipe for a blow out. besides, the Chiefs can only keep it close against the really good teams.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he scares the **** out of me since Frostee Rucker at times is a liability with sealing. So, what is concerning is that since your defense is good and Weeden is inconsistent and prone to going 3 and out at a high volume - you guys could put up some points in bunches with Charles breaking some big ones and we fall behind early.

I dunno.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The more I think about it, the more I don't think this game is close. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and I'm being way too emo with my Chiefs, but this really does have the feeling of one of those games where we get 30+ put on us.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

I really don't understand what has you feeling like that given bow inconsistent our offense is dude

Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If your offense has been bad, ours has been worse. We had one good game and people think this will be turned around but it just doesn't work like that unfortunately.

And our D can show up some games and be completely lost the next. It's irritating.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

I know first hand how painful Quinn is to watch. We have a ton of youth/inexperience blended with a borderline incompetent head coach; because of this I feel we are incapable of any kind of blowout. Probably in for an unexciting, low scoring affair.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I know first hand how painful Quinn is to watch. We have a ton of youth/inexperience blended with a borderline incompetent head coach; because of this I feel we are incapable of any kind of blowout. Probably in for an unexciting, low scoring affair.
even with one of the better RBs in the NFL, our offense has been brutal. our playcalling has been brutal. and worst of all our QB play has been the worst. Neither Cassel or Quinn are capable of making any real throws down the field and our OC is calling plays that don't try to hide that fact. we accentuate our poor QB play by not allowing them to do anything at all. rather than admit that this season is done and just play with nothing to lose, we act like we are in the playoff hunt. last week has been the 1 game that has not fit the rest. our QB played well. we called some very creative plays and we went for it on 3 4th downs (converting all 3).

your defenses number 1 key is containing JC. don't try to stop him. thats where he gets his big runs. to many men in the box leaves no one to help the second level and JC wins every foot race. if you allow him 2 or 3 ypc and make Quinn have to make plays on 2nd & 3rd down, Colquitt will have a busy day with all the punts. this team, all season, has been looking for that time in every game when the momentum swings towards their opponents favor. most every time it happens, this team folds. watch for it. you can see the players on the sideline hang their heads. i'm guessing that the Belcher emotion is now long gone and this momentum swing will be even more devestating for them.

although, in the recent past, the Chiefs have been better at protecting the ball, they still lead the NFL by 4 TOs (32). i expect them to get back into their TO ways and give it up 3+ times this game.

all these facts, plus the complete ineptitude of our coaches, the inability to prepare a team our make in game adjustments and offensive line injuries are the many factors i take into account when i predict an ass kicking on sunday.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns have a quality front 7 so I don't see Charles doing that well.

We also have a lot of injured starters. Not feelin a win this week.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well, when we're right we're right.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

I thought Charles was going to run for 295 after seeing the first quarter.

Sorry that you guys have to watch Quinn :/ I feel your pain.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I thought Charles was going to run for 295 after seeing the first quarter.

Sorry that you guys have to watch Quinn :/ I feel your pain.
Hopefully not for much longer! Good game duder. Browns owned it.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More proof of what Bowe means to this team. The second he went down the game was over with no threat in the passing game. They still would have lost but my God do they have nothing else in the air with out him.

I can't wait to see him tear it up with some other team when the Chiefs let him walk...
Old 12-09-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I can wait for that. :(

Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
More proof of what Bowe means to this team. The second he went down the game was over with no threat in the passing game. They still would have lost but my God do they have nothing else in the air with out him.

I can't wait to see him tear it up with some other team when the Chiefs let him walk...
Maybe he will and maybe he will continue to be the same DBowe that we have come to know and love. The guy that loses focus and drops easy balls he should have caught. I suspect that he wants top five money and he simply isn't a top five WR. Too many drops, too many deflections! Maybe someone will give him top five money, we certainly aren't the only dumb team in the league, but he doesn't deserve it.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't understand your hate for Bowe? The guy has had 1000 yards in 4 out of 5 seasons and is on pace to do it again. That is with some of the worst QB play I have ever seen.

He is easily the best WR the Chiefs have had since Otis Taylor.

He does have some trouble with drops and focus but the good far out weighs the bad.

There are going to be a alot of Bowe haters missing him next year when our new bright and shiny rookie QB is throwing passes to Terrance Copper.

Bowe isn't a top 5 WR but he is easily top 15 and with a "real" QB I think he could be a top 10 WR.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

A good QB will make even the scrubbiest of WRs look good (see: Luck, Andrew).

I'm just not a huge fan of Bowe, but I realize and admit we are severely lacking anyone else to pick up his slack.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
A good QB will make even the scrubbiest of WRs look good (see: Luck, Andrew).

I'm just not a huge fan of Bowe, but I realize and admit we are severely lacking anyone else to pick up his slack.
Bowe's relentless look-at-me attitude is just frustrating. Clearly he is the only perimeter weapon the Chiefs have. I don't think the Chiefs should break the bank for Bowe, if he wants to walk and get paid stupid money so be it. Every year there are receivers available in the 3rd, 4th, 5th round region that could make an impact and the Chiefs refuse to draft them in favor of 1st round busts like Baldwin and slot receivers like McCluster and Wylie.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

He has probably played his last game as a Chief anyways.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

Quote:
Dwayne Bowe (ribs) has been ruled out for Week 15 against the Raiders.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported late Sunday that the Chiefs feared Bowe suffered two broken ribs in Sunday's loss to Cleveland. If that's indeed the case, the impending free agent Bowe has likely played his last snap in a Kansas City uniform. The Chiefs will likely start Jonathan Baldwin and Terrance Copper on the outside against Oakland, with Dexter McCluster in the slot. Avoid the Chiefs' receiver corps in Week 15 fantasy lineup decisions.

Last edited by Splat : 12-10-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I really don't understand your hate for Bowe? The guy has had 1000 yards in 4 out of 5 seasons and is on pace to do it again. That is with some of the worst QB play I have ever seen.

He is easily the best WR the Chiefs have had since Otis Taylor.

He does have some trouble with drops and focus but the good far out weighs the bad.

There are going to be a alot of Bowe haters missing him next year when our new bright and shiny rookie QB is throwing passes to Terrance Copper.

Bowe isn't a top 5 WR but he is easily top 15 and with a "real" QB I think he could be a top 10 WR.
What did I say that made you think that I hate him? Actually I think we agree that he's not top 5 but he is top 15. I think he could be top 5 if he eliminated the drops and deflections. I just don't think that the Chiefs should pay him Larry Fitzgerald money because he clearly isn't at that level.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote