Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. The only problem with that is the Saints have a better run game than us.

So it won't help.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

So it won't help.
The Saints are horrible at stopping the run though. Dead last in the NFL, by a lot. They allow 5.14 YPC, and the second worst team allow 4.79 YPC.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not exactly the 2000 Ravens vs the run ourselves.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This could be Wilson's breakout game with that porous run defense. We need to let him get in a groove and at least give him one full drive. This one and done stuff is garbage.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

They clearly don't like Wilson right now. They give him a carry here and there, have no trust with him regarding pass pro. I think it's telling that a guy we picked up off the street was in pass pro 3 days later and Wilson doesn't get that chance.

So there is more to this than we know. Either the coaching staff doesn't like him, doesn't trust him, or just hates playing rookies.

I think its a combination of all 3.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i didn't like the pick at the time and I still don't but we need to throw him into the fire. He does have the speed and agility to make a difference.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So it won't help.
Not to mention, that would be dicey for us. Rain and wind for a team that needs to kick FGs. Yeah.... no thanks, I think I would snap if we made it to the red zone, stalled out, attempted to kick a FG, AND MISSED!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well i didn't like the pick at the time and I still don't but we need to throw him into the fire. He does have the speed and agility to make a difference.
I liked the pick. Wasn't my first choice, but I did like it. I had Wilson as my #2 back in the draft, so I'm sticking with my guns on that. I typically hate drafting RBs in the 1st though.

Rookies just don't make an impact for us. That's just how it is. The 07 class only made an impact bc we had no choice, our depth was thin all over and we needed that rookie class to fill holes.

But now with the quality of our depth bc of Reese, we take it slow with our guys. I'm not panicking. Just have to realize and accept the fact that our rookies won't make any impact this year.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well we have no choice right now with Wilson and Randle and these guys aren't stepping up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe, or the coaches aren't giving them the opportunities. How can Randle expect to learn one of the most complicated offenses in the league as a rookie?

How can Wilson prove himself when we don't give him any carries?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Either that or the coaches want to give them the opportunities but they're not just not ready. I'm sorry but a 1st round RB should be able to get more carries after 3/4 of a season. Randle I'll give a little more leeway to for obvious reasons but to me it's a terrible sign if we don't trust Wilson at this juncture when we absolutely need help back there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, it's disappointing but I wouldn't say it's a terrible sign until it's the second half of his sophomore season and we're still giving him a carry every blue moon, and I to disliked the pick a lot, especially with Cordy Glenn still on the board.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Either that or the coaches want to give them the opportunities but they're not just not ready. I'm sorry but a 1st round RB should be able to get more carries after 3/4 of a season. Randle I'll give a little more leeway to for obvious reasons but to me it's a terrible sign if we don't trust Wilson at this juncture when we absolutely need help back there.
I am forced to agree. At this point of the season back in 07' Bradshaw was seeing significant time... as a 7th round pick.

Wilson has the ability... but does he have what it takes to see playing time in Coughlin's offense?

i.e less fumbling issues, and pass-pro

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Bradshaw got any burn before that Buffalo game the day before christmas, right?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I don't think Bradshaw got any burn before that Buffalo game the day before christmas, right?
Actually you are right. But the fact that Wilson is still hardly used despite being a first round pick this far into the season is still a bit disheartening.

If Wilson can't get a fair share of carries by playoff time, I would be even more concerned.

On a side note, I find it interesting that Bradshaw fell so far into the draft for character concerns. He has been a pretty good citizen with General Coughlin and I would considered him a leader on our team.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

It's disappointing, but I'm not gunna start worrying about him until this time next year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Speaking of 07 Bradshaw, you guys should check out how he used to run back then?

COMPLETELY different player from today's Bradshaw. It's not even close.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Speaking of 07 Bradshaw, you guys should check out how he used to run back then?

Shows how quickly these poor RB's get beat up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

5 and 6 seasons makes a huge difference especially if you keep getting leg injuries. I like his toughness and how even now even if he is hurt he keeps on going.

His stats aren't bad at all for a guy beat up on an average OL. He has a 4.5 YPA with 836 yards this season. He already has the 2nd most yards in his career. Say what you want this guy still gets a good YPA and he is tough as nails. I always liked that trait about him.

Funny thing is Bradshaw is only 26 years old.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 12-08-2012 at 10:23 AM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I read an article awhile back comparing the collisions that an NFL RB faces in the hole to car accidents. Saying that the impact feels like getting into a car accident.

So naturally you'd think that having 230 to 300 car accidents every year for 4 + years would take its toll on the body.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the leg injuries more than anything I think. Too many leg, ankle, foot, etc. injuries. That will kill you as a running back. Even more so than knee injuries these days.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't want to make a blanket statement, but 95% of the time, I'd be very hesitant to extend any RB beyond their rookie contracts. That 5% is strictly for the Adrian Petersons/Lesean McCoys of the world.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Unless they come back for cheap.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

McCoy has so little mileage it's scary. He's gonna be a pain in the ass for the Giants for a long time. Partly due to Reid's stubbornness...

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Bryce Brown is pretty darn good too.