Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious, but what does everyone think of the Texans vs Patriots MNF game. Does it feel like a big game (like an LSU vs Oregon or Alabama vs ND - theoretical regular season games) or does it feel like it's being made out to be more than it really is.

Obviously, it's not a title game (like what Alabama and ND are about to do). Does this feel like a #1 vs #2 or something else? And does that even have the same attraction in the NFL as it does the NCAA?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun game to watch but not a big deal to me. In the playoffs it will be much better. All the inflated records in the AFC should make for a good time come January.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Just curious, but what does everyone think of the Texans vs Patriots MNF game. Does it feel like a big game (like an LSU vs Oregon or Alabama vs ND - theoretical regular season games) or does it feel like it's being made out to be more than it really is.

Obviously, it's not a title game (like what Alabama and ND are about to do). Does this feel like a #1 vs #2 or something else? And does that even have the same attraction in the NFL as it does the NCAA?
I think it's an exciting game. You have the one team that everyone always has faith in because of what they've accomplished in the last ten years, and then you have the up and coming team that is doing great, but no one really recognizes because their history has essentially been a disappointment.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
To make matters even more hilarious. The game people were claiming on here "no one will watch" SNF with Dallas vs Philadelphia actually performed BETTER than the MNF game which was up from previous weeks.

They estimated 9.4 million viewers tuned in for the Dallas vs Philadelphia game.

So much for no one watches NFC East games. I do fully understand that it is crammed down our throats but when a game isn't interesting people don't watch: see last year's national championship.
Is this unusual? How do the SNF ratings typically compare to the MNF ratings? I'm asking because I don't know.

I rarely miss a night of SNF, but I never go out of my way to watch MNF. MNF is probably my least favorite presentation of football, including the crap leagues like the CFL and AFL.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Is this unusual? How do the SNF ratings typically compare to the MNF ratings? I'm asking because I don't know.

I rarely miss a night of SNF, but I never go out of my way to watch MNF. MNF is probably my least favorite presentation of football, including the crap leagues like the CFL and AFL.
Why is that? I like MNF the same as SNF.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monday Night Football is at least better than Thursday Night Football. The only two games from Thursday I enjoyed this season were the Saints/Falcons game and the Bears/Packers game. The matchups this season for NFL Network just don't seem that great.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Monday Night Football is at least better than Thursday Night Football.
This. So much of this.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Why is that? I like MNF the same as SNF.
I honestly don't know. Something about MNF just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Fun game to watch but not a big deal to me. In the playoffs it will be much better. All the inflated records in the AFC should make for a good time come January.
Meh, the AFC may be down but the Patriots, Broncos, and Texans are equally talented as any NFC team. Even the Ravens and Steelers are playoff tested. I think there is no depth beyond the top teams in the AFC, but I wouldn't chalk up an NFC SB champ yet.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just excited as a donkeys balls to watch any football lately. The stuff the Chiefs have been doing couldn't really be called football, and pretty soon the season will be over and we'll enter that dreaded six month hiatus with no actual games.

I hate that time.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm just excited as a donkeys balls to watch any football lately. The stuff the Chiefs have been doing couldn't really be called football, and pretty soon the season will be over and we'll enter that dreaded six month hiatus with no actual games.

I hate that time.
Picture these guys wearing NFL caps....

Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I hate that time.
Yes, but it's a good time to watch old games...if you're into that sort of thing.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Meh, the AFC may be down but the Patriots, Broncos, and Texans are equally talented as any NFC team. Even the Ravens and Steelers are playoff tested. I think there is no depth beyond the top teams in the AFC, but I wouldn't chalk up an NFC SB champ yet.
And I never said an NFC team would auto win the SB. The AFC team records are all roided out though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Lions Willie Young considered amputation for injured middle finger.

Quote:
“Two weeks ago I was like, ‘Yeah, let’s get rid of it,’” Young told the Detroit News. “But it’s a little better now, so maybe I will keep it.”
For those who want to see it...

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/willie-young-finger/
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams are in the playoff hunt in December. Did you hear that? That has a nice ring to it. They blew a few games too. Dominated the 49ers at home and tied. Dominated the Dolphins in Miami and lost. Out played the Lions in Detroit and lost. Laid an egg at home vs the Jets and lost in a game they should win. Could easily be 9-3 instead of 5-6-1. Fisher has them playing competitive football, something we haven't seen in many years.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...isrespected-us

You mad bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how would that be disrespectful?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idiots. All there really is to say about that.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hate that time.
Time has flown by pretty fast. Including tomorrow, there's only 4 Sundays left in the regular season. I really enjoy just relaxing on Sunday, going on NFL Sunday Ticket and getting my choice of any game i like (unless a Bills game is blacked out).

Of course that all ends with the playoffs, then the Super Bowl, then from February-July there's no football. We'll still have the FA/Draft but it just isn't the same as watching an actual football game
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me, the offseason isn't so bad when we have the World cup or the Olympics. The other 2 years in btw kind of sucks. Basketball holds it down until June, and the draft keeps us going until April.

I tried getting into baseball to help with the offseason but I just can't get into baseball.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
For me, the offseason isn't so bad when we have the World cup or the Olympics. The other 2 years in btw kind of sucks. Basketball holds it down until June, and the draft keeps us going until April.

I tried getting into baseball to help with the offseason but I just can't get into baseball.
The NHL needs to get it's **** together or I'm legitimately going to go into sports withdrawals.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-manslaughter/

Josh Brent killed someone while driving drunk in Texas. I'd say something about his life and career being over, but Donta Stallworth and Leonard Little got away cleanly from similar circumstances.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like they're gonna have to use a lot of 4 man fronts this week.

Unfortunate and tragic situation. Prayers go out to everyone involved.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...brent-charged/

It was his teammate, LB Jerry Brown, who died.