Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4* DT Keith Bryant decommits from Miami and names FSU his leader.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default A bit of ND news.....

--5* RB Greg Bryant is back in the picture for ND. Considering that committed RB Jamel James is having grade difficulties (word is he's not getting in), this could be a plus.

--3* LB Danny Mattingly decommitted and is considering ND with a lot of other schools. I wonder what goes through these kid's heads....you're committed to a team playing for the NC and you decommit? SMH. I predict his spot will be filled by a recruit of a higher ranking, or saved for next year.

--ND is getting a OV from USC commit 4* DT Eddie Vanderdoes. He's coming the last possible week for recruits to visit....Jan. 18. Very...strange.

--5* S Max Redfield still says ND leads, although he is taking his final OV to USC. He was going to take it to Oregon, but the Ducks dropped him for some reason.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Bryant being a 5* is easily the funniest thing this entire cycle.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Angelo Jean-Louis de-commit from Miami. Rivals doesn't have him on the recruit list anymore.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope he's still committed, dude for Rivals took some inside info way too far. He might not make it here because he doesn't have a qualifying ACT score, but he's taking it again this weekend so I guess we'll see.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reuben Foster opened it back up yet again. Are Auburn fans still all giddy about getting him? Haha.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gareon Conley to the Buckeyes. No surprise there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Greg Bryant being a 5* is easily the funniest thing this entire cycle.
Okay...elaborate on your thoughts. I'm assuming you've seen him play. I've just seen highlights. He doesn't look bad...looks a lot like Theo Riddick.

Just for reference, here are his rankings:

4*, #14 back on Scout.
5*, #2 back on Rivals.
4*, #10 back on 247 Sports.
4*, #2 back on ESPN.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
--5* RB Greg Bryant is back in the picture for ND. Considering that committed RB Jamel James is having grade difficulties (word is he's not getting in), this could be a plus.

--3* LB Danny Mattingly decommitted and is considering ND with a lot of other schools. I wonder what goes through these kid's heads....you're committed to a team playing for the NC and you decommit? SMH. I predict his spot will be filled by a recruit of a higher ranking, or saved for next year.

--ND is getting a OV from USC commit 4* DT Eddie Vanderdoes. He's coming the last possible week for recruits to visit....Jan. 18. Very...strange.

--5* S Max Redfield still says ND leads, although he is taking his final OV to USC. He was going to take it to Oregon, but the Ducks dropped him for some reason.
Don't have to worry about Max. Believe me when i say he will be a domer.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Bryant is probably the 5th best RB in the state at best, the fact that Rivals has him as the third best player overall in the state is just absurd. His 24/7 ranking is probably where he should be. He's a nice back, just pretty average.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Bryant didn't even have an offer from the 3 Florida schools for awhile. I think Miami offered after Collins decommitted and Henry said no. He is FSU, FLorida and Miami #3 or 4 choice.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

Quote:
Bryant is probably the 5th best RB in the state at best, the fact that Rivals has him as the third best player overall in the state is just absurd. His 24/7 ranking is probably where he should be. He's a nice back, just pretty average.
Every year this happens. There's a lot of rumbling on ND boards that he has good intangibles, but may be near his ceiling as an athlete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Yeah, Bryant didn't even have an offer from the 3 Florida schools for awhile. I think Miami offered after Collins decommitted and Henry said no. He is FSU, FLorida and Miami #3 or 4 choice.
Now this worries me. If that's the case, I'd rather ND continue to pursue Tarean Foltson hard, and maybe go after a big back. Considering the turmoil at Wisconsin, revisiting Corey Clement might not be a bad idea.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Sorry...I've been through losing Tee Shepard, Deontay Greenberry, Aaron Lynch, and a host of others. I don't trust that any kid is Irish until they graduate or head to the NFL early.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
He's at SC with the rest of the fellas this weekend, 247's SC insider is reporting that he's gonna end up a Trojan.

Stoked as hell that A'Shawn is there, word is that he wants to leave Texas...but will be a tough sell to his mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Bryant is Irish. Have only seen highlights. His offer list is very impressive.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He's at SC with the rest of the fellas this weekend, 247's SC insider is reporting that he's gonna end up a Trojan.
I'm not really worried about him ending up Irish. He's hung out with Su'a Cravens and didn't end back up with the Trojans. His main ND recruiter is headed back to Cali to meet with him this week. I'd bet that if he walks away without recommitting, he's not going to USC.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
I'm not really worried about him ending up Irish. He's hung out with Su'a Cravens and didn't end back up with the Trojans. His main ND recruiter is headed back to Cali to meet with him this week. I'd bet that if he walks away without recommitting, he's not going to USC.
I wouldn't say I'm really banking on him coming to SC. The insider just says there have been things said and actions that make him believe he's gonna be a Trojan. Steam also picking up that we may flip A'Shawn.

Quote:
My source said if he had to place a bet in Vegas, he'd bet Redfield is a Trojan. Apparently Marvin Sanders has hit.a grand slam with his recruiting efforts this weekend....and not just his talks about football.
Thats the last thing he said regarding Max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want OSU to recruit players with superfluous apostrophes.

They are born to play football. And get fat in their 30's.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I want OSU to recruit players with superfluous apostrophes.
Minnesota just got a commit from De'Niro Laster from Cleveland Heights. Could have been yours.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will make up for it with De'Shawn Hand in 2014.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU picks up a commitment from 3* Juco DE Desmond Hollin from NY. 6'4, 260 lbs, was a HS WR in Miami. Nice addition for depth and pass rushing downs, doesn't look to be an every down player right now.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...-seminoles-fsu

Article compares him to Markus White and Tank Carradine, which is just

Last edited by MassNole : 12-10-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

4* JUCO TE Beau Sandland down to Arizona State, UM and Nebraska. He'll announce on JUCO signing day which is next Wednesday.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

4* FL LB Skai Moore commits to Rutgers. Had a really good senior year, really wish UM had room for him.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4* FL LB Skai Moore commits to Rutgers. Had a really good senior year, really wish UM had room for him.
Hells yeah!!! I meant to post this earlier. We were pretty much the frontrunner for him the whole time but then Ohio State and even TCU came calling for him. Huge pickup.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

FSU gets a commitment from 3* DB/ATH Eddie Jackson.

Notable for 2 reasons:
1) Younger brother of Demar Dorsey

2) Best friend of Stacey Coley

Had offers from Tennessee and LSU.

EDIT
In other FSU related recruiting news, 4* DE Tim Williams told 247 that FSU is his leader right now after D.J. Eliot took the DC position at Kentucky.

Last edited by MassNole : 12-12-2012 at 12:45 PM.