Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-09-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to see Dez throwing up the X a lot.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sims hurt. Are there any other ILBs on the street left to sign?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay re-sign Spencer. He's been the best player on our defense this year.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me guess, 1st down Cowboys.Brought back for a hold!

NO HOLD! LOL

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Murray! Imagine how great he'd be with a competent line.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Murray! Imagine how great he'd be with a competent line.
And a full season

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is fantastic...some great football being played. Cowboys pull this out it's a hell of an effort with all the injuries.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy. Just crazy.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Can't be mad at this win. The Bengals really made many mistakes that kept the Cowboys in, but the defense made big plays when they needed. Not to mention that last drive and Murray stepping up big time.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not know how we pull some of these wins off, but I'll take it. ****** OL and a patch work defense.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

GO SAINTS!!!!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK how, but we're still in this thing. RG3 sprained his knee today and the Giants are reeling (watching Eli pick 6 as I type this)... can't believe we have a chance to steal this division lol.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got off the plane...saw the score and said WOOOO HOOOOOO!

People looked at me like I'm weird.lol
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Well as much as I (we) have been bad mouthing Garrett, I have to give it up to him after this win. It would have been so easy to have given up but everybody played their asses off. Our whole D is a MASH unit but they battled all day. Very proud of our guys for the gutsy win!

Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else like seeing Parnell and Free rotate. Garrett only gets called out when he's messing up , but I like the way he's handling Free... Gave him a chance to get his act together, accountability! Love it. Fully expect to see Parnell going forward.

I know people are still on the get JG out of town bandwagon, but this team won't quit on their coach..the RKG mantra is working. Get this team a line, have Callahan calls plays and we may see a legitimate contender in a year. I've never seen a team so decimated with injuries...at one time yesterday there were only 4 starters on the field for defense...Sense, Carr, Hatcher and Spencer...remarkable job by Ryan.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Anyone else like seeing Parnell and Free rotate. Garrett only gets called out when he's messing up , but I like the way he's handling Free... Gave him a chance to get his act together, accountability! Love it. Fully expect to see Parnell going forward.
I agree. Not saying I wouldn't just outright benched Free completely, but thank goodness for making change. I have been griping about it for weeks and felt it was obvious, I just don't like when our team completely avoids situations like this so we made action. That said, Parnell did get beat too, so again he's not a world beater, but I like what I see out of him, I think he's a starter. Not a great one, but really solid, and keep in mind we are playing with crap on the interior. Put Parnell next to a stud Guard and he's just fine. Speed moves get him, his hand placement isn't always the best but in the box he can manhandle guys.

Overall, this was one of the best victories I've seen from us in a good while. Obviously it's not beating the Eagles to go into the playoffs, or winning a playoff game, but to be down 9 points late in the 4th, no offense at all in the 2nd half, and to pick ourselves up to go on those 2 drives was something special. Dez staying focused enough now to where he can be shutout all game, but come up big late. Romo was moving around all over the place, he's masterful in the pocket.

The defense is missing guys all over the place. NT, DE, ILB, CB, Safety all has back-ups to the back-ups in, but we didn't give up a TD in the second half, and those 3 FG's we held them to won the game. One TD at all and we don't win that game. CB had guys in who cover kicks. I also got to see a side of JG I never see which was awesome. Listening to him talk, watching him after the game I enjoyed, he's always so stoic.

How about that Demarco run late in the game to extend for that 1st down? We fought with everything we had this game.

That said, wasn't the Bengals game plan a bit baffling? I mean, I'll take it, but BGE had 12 for 89. We were missing Rat and Josh Brent, getting gashed up the middle, no ILB who can shed blocks at all. I would have fed him the rock 30 times easily. But hey, I'll take it. What sucks is I'll still never let the Giants and Ravens game go from earlier, may be the reason we miss the playoffs.

I ***** about JG a ton, but he didn't give me 1 reason at all to complain about him. Even if we lost. Perfectly happy with everything he did, even passing on some 3rd and short, I like the mix up. He did a great job today as did the rest of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
A reverse when u a losing......stupid play calling. I support Garrett, but I am having doubt, NOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Why do we continue to run long developing passing patterns? What is wrong with you Garrett?

Quick hitches, slants, etc to Dez please.

Oh yea, I lied. These two things. A WR reverse after we get a huge Witten gain? Why, why, why??? Losing 10 yards on 1st down is just like punting the ball on 1st down anyway, and when is the last time we did this and it gave us more then 5 yards? Shouldn't even be in the play-book.

And the long developing pass routes has long been an issue of mine. We should put Romo in Shotgun, spread everyone out with 4 wide at minimum, and let Romo pick the D apart with quick hitting routes and passes. Slants, hitches, curls, quick drops from the QB and quick releases. It's the easiest combatant for a terrible O-line.

The Packers have a worse offensive line then we do quite easily, but they know how to run routes that aren't slow developing. Watch them play, their line is complete garbage across the board, but Rodgers has routes that develop well before the D-line can get to him most times. I would love to see an adjustment here, it's not like it doesn't work whenever we do it.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ratliff went after Jerry Jones after the Eagle game: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ff-sources-say
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And the long developing pass routes has long been an issue of mine. We should put Romo in Shotgun, spread everyone out with 4 wide at minimum, and let Romo pick the D apart with quick hitting routes and passes. Slants, hitches, curls, quick drops from the QB and quick releases. It's the easiest combatant for a terrible O-line.

The Packers have a worse offensive line then we do quite easily, but they know how to run routes that aren't slow developing. Watch them play, their line is complete garbage across the board, but Rodgers has routes that develop well before the D-line can get to him most times. I would love to see an adjustment here, it's not like it doesn't work whenever we do it.
I totally agree, especially since you have guys that are strong runners and can create YAC when hit in stride. Once you establish the short throws it is much easier to break off a big play off doubles moves. I also don't know why they don't use more designed runs from the open formations to give Murray space to set up blocks and attack the second level.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys are 4-1 in their last 5 games. Has a nice ring to it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cowboys are 4-1 in their last 5 games. Has a nice ring to it.
It does, but we could end up going 10-6 and miss the dance. Giants play @ ATL, @ BAL and PHI at home. The only game I see them losing is Atlanta. Baltimore is terrible and Philly, well it's Philly.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Bears aren't out of the clear though. They have 5 losses, so does Seattle, so do the G Men. I don't like our chances, but any of those 5 losses team could go on a losing streak. I am not worried about Washington, we play them and if they beat us twice we didn't deserve it anyway. NO worries me the most. They have been getting hammered and are due to have a huge scoring game.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle's starting corners are suspended for the rest of the season aren't they? I think that is a huge blow to their game plan of defense and ball control if teams are able to lob the ball down field.

I think Baltimore and Atlanta match up well against NY, even though they end on a soft note with Philly.

Washington is the team to watch, they finish up with Cleveland, Philly, and then the finally with us in DC. Not to mention they currently hold the tiebreaker in both head to head and Div record.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Seattle's starting corners are suspended for the rest of the season aren't they? I think that is a huge blow to their game plan of defense and ball control if teams are able to lob the ball down field.

I think Baltimore and Atlanta match up well against NY, even though they end on a soft note with Philly.

Washington is the team to watch, they finish up with Cleveland, Philly, and then the finally with us in DC. Not to mention they currently hold the tiebreaker in both head to head and Div record.
Brandon Browner started serving his 4 game this week and Sherman is under appeal and the appeal hearing was supposed to be this week and hear it would be delayed.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Brandon Browner started serving his 4 game this week and Sherman is under appeal and the appeal hearing was supposed to be this week and hear it would be delayed.
Wow that sounds like a ploy to not loose both guys at the same time.