Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I won't speak for scotty, but that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that the NFL is a business. For the sake of protecting their image and their investments (playes), they have every right to require this for their players. If they don't like it, pleay somewhere else.

This isn't a civil liberties issue. There is no right to play football. There is no right to drive a car. So if a company notices that they have a serious issue with drunk driving, they have every right to put in place measures to reduce it.

This is hilarious to me, this whole argument. If the NFL really wanted to conduct itself like a business, these players just wouldnt have jobs, simple as that. What other business in the world is going to let multiple DUI offenders continue to work for them? No where, thats because they fire their asses- they don't spend millions to babysit them when they arent at work.

And to further the issue, why don't we take precautions against other types of crimes? Like Long horns said, lets just monitor all employees outside of the work place at all times to assure they aren't drinking too much, or engaging in illegal substances.

Or, if were going to back this up by saying its a business lets actually expect them to act like a business and hold its employees to act like ******* rational human beings. I'm sorry but thats a poor argument to make because this is in no way an acceptable decision for a "business" to be making in regards to assuring their employees are making the right decisions while not at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
This.

Doing this would be imposing far too much on the individual freedoms of the vast majority of players who have done nothing wrong.

The NFL and teams absolutely should go after the offenders. Longer and harsher fines and suspensions for DUI offenses are one thing that should be imposed. Installing these devices into the cars of players who have alcohol related offenses on their record is another possibility worth considering.

But a blanket policy that punishes players who've done nothing wrong in unacceptable. I am 100% sure the Players Union would block the **** out of an attempt to impose such a thing.
Pretty much what he said too. Players that want to act bulletproof are only being encouraged to do so because of the special treatment they get as employees of the NFL. If the NFL was really concerned about this issue they would take more measures to assure that the people in wrong were being punished accordingly, not investing into ******* car breathilizers for everyone (I know this is just the cowboys organization but in general).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 12-10-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote