Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
The Pats still are using their "#1" as a clearout, decoy kinda guy at the minute. It's hard to argue that it's not successful, however I too would like a guy who can line up outside and be a real threat. Pipe dream for the draft is Keenan Allen but we should have a legitimate shot at Hunter or Woods, although it would be tough to pass on Austin as an inside guy as well
I think how the Patriots draft their next "future #1" receiver is going to tell us the most about what they plan on doing with Mallett going forward. From watching the preseason I have a pretty good feeling that he doesn't fit that well with what we currently do offensively. He has more of a downfield game that utilizes his enormous arm. If we draft a 6'4" burner who can run 9's and deep post/corner patterns it may be a sign that we see Mallett as our future QB. It wouldn't be unlike BB to think ahead, and Brady's touch on his deep ball is the only thing that I have noticeably seen decline, so he may not be able to utilize a guy like that. However, if BB wants to groom a future #1 deep threat for a few years, and unleash him at the same time as Mallett I think we might have a smoother transition between QB's.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I think how the Patriots draft their next "future #1" receiver is going to tell us the most about what they plan on doing with Mallett going forward. From watching the preseason I have a pretty good feeling that he doesn't fit that well with what we currently do offensively. He has more of a downfield game that utilizes his enormous arm. If we draft a 6'4" burner who can run 9's and deep post/corner patterns it may be a sign that we see Mallett as our future QB. It wouldn't be unlike BB to think ahead, and Brady's touch on his deep ball is the only thing that I have noticeably seen decline, so he may not be able to utilize a guy like that. However, if BB wants to groom a future #1 deep threat for a few years, and unleash him at the same time as Mallett I think we might have a smoother transition between QB's.
Yup Mallett's arm can really widen and deepen the field and he therefore needs a guy who can do the same. Both Gronk and Hernandez will have huge roles to play under either QB but while Brady flourishes with guys like Welker, Edelman and Woodhead they kinda become useless with Mallett. Brady makes the right reads and has great accuracy underneath. Both of those traits are big unknowns at this point with Mallett. However he can make the type of throw that Brady only wishes. If the Pats take either Hunter or Patterson in the draft it is a big sign of change for the offense in the next few years. In saying that if they go with Austin then it's clear BB is going to ride Brady for the next 4 or 5 years and then they will both retire

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think BB will coach past Brady. I sincerely hope so at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I think BB will coach past Brady. I sincerely hope so at least.
I tell myself Belichick and Brady will be here forever. Don't want to think about having one or both of them gone. Never going to happen. NOPE!

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I tell myself Belichick and Brady will be here forever. Don't want to think about having one or both of them gone. Never going to happen. NOPE!
It's going to suck to see the Patriots have a losing season for essentially the first time since I've been a big enough fan to care. However, I do get a lot of utility out of seeing new guys get a chance and grow. I know the ultimate thing you want as a fan is to see your team win, but there is more to watching football and being a fan than that. I remember Bledsoe and for all his faults he was a pretty damn entertaining guy to watch, even watching Matt Cassel for a year was fun in its own way.

I hope Mallett gets a chance to start at some point for this team down the road because there is something to watching a guy who you have to hold your breath for every time he goes deep. It's pretty damn entertaining even though you see more valleys as a fan. I appreciate Brady and all he's done for this organization and for me as a fan, because in reality I probably would be nowhere near as intense of a fan if I rooted for the Bills or the Browns, but at the same time the end is coming and I know I'm going to have to roll with it.

It's going to be tough for all of us to see the Pats lose, get crushed, go through QB's, coaches, ect. However, it'll be our time and we certainly deserve it after all the success the Patriots have had. It's just the next chapter. Plus, I really do love our young core: Ridley, Gronk, Hernandez, Solder, Jones, Spikes, Dennard, (McCourty?). Even without Brady there are plenty of teams that have it worse off.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
It's going to be tough for all of us to see the Pats lose, get crushed, go through QB's, coaches, ect. However, it'll be our time and we certainly deserve it after all the success the Patriots have had. It's just the next chapter. Plus, I really do love our young core: Ridley, Gronk, Hernandez, Solder, Jones, Spikes, Dennard, (McCourty?). Even without Brady there are plenty of teams that have it worse off.
The Pats young core is so studly. I think it's actually ridiculous that if they could add a good threat at WR, a playmaking safety and an interior defensive lineman to rush then they could compete with or without Brady. Overall, this team this year doesn't have the balance of the team from the early part of the decade, however I think it is as talented, if not more.

Sure you don't have Seymour, McGinest, Brusci, Vrabel, Harrison, Law or Samuel, but those teams had nobody on offense that could rival Gronk, Hernandez or Welker. Hell, even Ridley looks as though he will be as good as Corey Dillon was. The offensive line is also a lot better. The pieces are ther on defense too, as I said, just one or two more players and it could be really good

Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, Why the **** are we the fourth seed now and the Broncos are the second Seed when we hold the tie breaker over them? Haha so confused by this whole playoff seeding as of right now.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a conspiracy!

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ok, Why the **** are we the fourth seed now and the Broncos are the second Seed when we hold the tie breaker over them? Haha so confused by this whole playoff seeding as of right now.
Broncos won last night putting them at 10-3, Pats and Ravens are 9-3. If both the Pats and Ravens win this weekend then we go back to 2nd seed.

Three way tie Pats hold better conference record, however as it is currently a two way tie between Pats and Ravens they hold the head to head. But if both teams win then it is 3 way tie and that goes to conference record

Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Broncos won last night putting them at 10-3, Pats and Ravens are 9-3. If both the Pats and Ravens win this weekend then we go back to 2nd seed.

Three way tie Pats hold better conference record, however as it is currently a two way tie between Pats and Ravens they hold the head to head. But if both teams win then it is 3 way tie and that goes to conference record
This. The Broncos have half a game lead on us (because we haven't played) and the Ravens and Patriots are tied, with the Ravens winning because of their victory over us earlier in the year.

When the games are played, we could go back to #2 or #4. However, I'm not sure we could be #3 (if we lose, the best option is #4, because if the Ravens win they have a better record and if the Ravens lose, they win the tiebreaker).
Old 12-07-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per ESPN Boston:

Steven Ridley has picked up 30 rushing first downs when contacted prior to the first down marker this season, second-most in the NFL (Adrian Peterson, 31).

Pretty nice to see he makes the first guy miss and picks it up.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Razor concerning your sig: YES

The only player not in the NFL I would probably take over Tuitt on the Pats is Clowney, and it is way closer than you may think. Tuitt is an absurd talent who is EXACTLY what we need. The fact that he and Clowney will be in the same draft is ridiculous. I think they are my two favorite DL prospects like ever. Might be jumping the gun but I don't care.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-09-2012, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Razor concerning your sig: YES
The only player not in the NFL I would probably take over Tuitt on the Pats is Clowney, and it is way closer than you may think. Tuitt is an absurd talent who is EXACTLY what we need. The fact that he and Clowney will be in the same draft is ridiculous. I think they are my two favorite DL prospects like ever. Might be jumping the gun but I don't care.
Yeah, both of them are pretty impressive. Clowney is obviously a better player because of his freakish athletic ability, but I'm with you on the gap between the two of them not being as big as people think. Unfortunately that also means that we probably won't be in a position to pick Tuitt unless we trade up. I would imagine BB having a higher grade on Tuitt than Clowney because of his size, strength and speed. He reminds me of a more athletic Richard Seymour the way he's build. He's 303 lbs right now, but he doesn't look like he's fat or even chubby. He looks chiseled. I also think he's very comparable to JJ Watt in a lot of ways, but we won't know that for sure before the Combine...

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but I also want Louis Nix III. Tuitt and Nix are a big reason why Te'o has been so beastly this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 12-09-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Tuitt is not carrying any bad weight, he is a freak. I think he has the ability to be a 2 gap 3-4 anchor who can also attack like Seymour or a 1 gap terror who can also play end like Watt. He is an absolute freak and is only going to get better.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

I like Tuitt's physical tools and production a lot, but he has a lot of work to do in order to be an good pro. He plays really high out of his stance, and yet somehow manages to get knocked off his feet way more than any man his size should.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Tuitt is not carrying any bad weight, he is a freak. I think he has the ability to be a 2 gap 3-4 anchor who can also attack like Seymour or a 1 gap terror who can also play end like Watt. He is an absolute freak and is only going to get better.
I get the feeling he's going top 10 when he declares, though.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

A __________ tonight for NE _________ the pressure level on them.

win/increases?
loss/decreases?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots/Texans preview:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...-fourteen.html
Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice write up. I thought I was that Graham was out with a concussion though

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Well that was nice.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Patriots fans rooting interest next week: Colts (@ Houston), (SF @) Patriots, (Denver @) Ravens.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

This Patriots team is a touchdown (7 points) from being ahead of the 2007 team.

What that means is NE could break their total point record against Miami (or sooner, but that would be insane).
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have to score 39 points per game the rest of the way to do that. That's insane.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They have to score 39 points per game the rest of the way to do that. That's insane.
Well, we do play Jacksonville and Miami. It's not impossible given how they've played the last 3 or 4 weeks. I don't think they'll do it, but I won't dismiss the thought either. This team really seems to have come together and are playing very sound fundamental football. The interior OL looked a lot better yesterday too. If the DL plays like they did last night, and the OL gets a bit more nasty I don't see how the 49ers are going to win on sunday. Man I wish that we have Gronk back for that game... I don't expect to see him before the PO though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I am much more concerned with beating this 9er team on a short week than anything else. It sounds like the team is mentally ready for it but the Harb brothers always do a great job against us. We got really lucky that the Texans had to be one dimensional against us last night because the first few series looked liked Foster was going to massacre us.

Quote:
Quote: