Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the main reason I was only a little up set was with the 3 back set read option play so many times in a row it seemed late in the game. As said before we need to get Davis in the game a lot more then we have last few games if we want beat NE.We need a passing attack. No option crap is really gonna work next week.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I think the main reason I was only a little up set was with the 3 back set read option play so many times in a row it seemed late in the game. As said before we need to get Davis in the game a lot more then we have last few games if we want beat NE.We need a passing attack. No option crap is really gonna work next week.
Why are you so upset about it? James almost took one to the house then Kap did.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno I guess it just a weird formation for us to use and not used it.I don't think it will last long IMO.Some how our offense has changed formation type wise.We used to have the under center plays now it is a lot of shot gun back plays with Ck. Its not that I'm up set just confused and worried they are not going to last very long so why use them all that much.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kap ran the pistol his entire college career. It probably has more to do with making him feel comfortable, and utilizing his skill set in some of the ways Nevada did.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Kap ran the pistol his entire college career. It probably has more to do with making him feel comfortable, and utilizing his skill set in some of the ways Nevada did.
They didn't use that formation a single time against the Bears, and he looked his best.

Sadly, I think they're trying to force plays that utilize Kaepernicks legs. I'm not lying when I started to think the offense looked alot like the one the Broncos ran last season.

I actually think it hurts the team to just stay in triple-option.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
They didn't use that formation a single time against the Bears, and he looked his best.

Sadly, I think they're trying to force plays that utilize Kaepernicks legs. I'm not lying when I started to think the offense looked alot like the one the Broncos ran last season.

I actually think it hurts the team to just stay in triple-option.
They scored on read option against the bears too.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling the 49ers are going to get embarrassed in the playoffs and be one and done if they try to keep running an offense like that. Why does Roman have to get all "creative" and outside his comfort zone? Just stick to what works consistently.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I have a feeling the 49ers are going to get embarrassed in the playoffs and be one and done if they try to keep running an offense like that. Why does Roman have to get all "creative" and outside his comfort zone? Just stick to what works consistently.
Roman was extra creative today because of a very good Miami run defense. I doubt you are going to see the diamond pistol formation become a regular.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Roman was extra creative today because of a very good Miami run defense. I doubt you are going to see the diamond pistol formation become a regular.
I hope so.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I think they are still trying to find out exactly what they want to do offensively now with Kaep at QB. That is what was so dangerous about making the move to him at this point in the season. I lean more towards it being the right decision to go with Kaep than Alex at this point, mostly because I trust Harbaugh so much. Hopefully they get it all figured out before the playoffs start. I think they will.

I see James playing a bigger part going forward as well and I love it. Kaep and James have the ability to take it to the house every time they touch the ball and we haven't had a threat like that in a long time.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with the ability in regards to James and Kaepernick out of that shotgun formation but I would rather see Roman run more basic and traditional formations so Kaepernick can get more comfortable running them for the playoffs.

If we dont get a bye, I can definitely see us being one and done. If we get the bye, depends on who we play. Definitely need that bye. Having a loss and a tie with the Rams really screwed us because those are the games that we're supposed to win.

Hopefully, we'll at least split the next two games.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But we didn't run any pistol until America saw RG3 kill the Giants with it. Now all of a sudden, its 'let's show them this new wrinkle we got'. We always ran read-option but not the pistol or went primarily shotgun to run the ball. That's more gimmicky ****.

You can tell they're adding new wrinkles and different things because the plays don't look crisp. They look like plays they haven't run for a extended period of times. The timing looks off, which makes guys miss blocks and plays go no where. Some of that is because Gore's banged up and they need to lean on LMJ for carries now that Jacobs has showed his ass again. Hunter is on IR and I don't think they feel like LMJ isn't a decisive enough runner between the tackles to run him in regular sets so anytime he's in the game, you notice its something outside the tackles or something gimmicky to get him in space. Gore even said he has to learn to slow down and have more patience to allows seams to open up. Gore needs to be as fresh as possible heading into the post-season so as they get LMJ up to speed, they'll lean on stuff from his college days to help ease him into the regular offense and give Gore some rest. Remember, he was usually running the other teams offense on the scout team in practice. He still needs reps and continuity with the first team O-Line and things of that nature.

I'm not liking that JH wants to use CK like RG3 all of a sudden. Use the guy how you groomed him...to sit in the pocket, read defenses and throw the ball. I know he's uber athletic and all that but its like the media went crazy over RG3 and JH had this epiphany that hey, we can do that too. Yes you can to some degree but a lot of what the Skins do with Bob is because of his statue and the fact that he isn't a fully developed pocket passer yet. CK seemed to be ahead in the area early on, now all of a sudden they're switching it up. Don't out-think yourselves, do what is better for the entire offense as a whole, not just a few players.

Most ppl are mad because they thought the passing game was going to take off under CK. Just like I told ppl during the off-season, doesn't matter who the QB is, the offense will always be ball-control and balanced under JH. You look at the pass attempts and passing yards per game from when Alex was the starter and since CK has taken over and they're pretty much the same. And unless the game dictates we do otherwise, we'll going to keep running a vast majority of the time to move the chains and maintain time of possession. CK gives us more in terms of creativity with the offense and a QB who can improvise more and throw some balls into tighter windows. But this whole notion that we were going to start airing it out because CK was the QB I think wasn't looked at realistically.

And its also evident we still lack some explosivess on the outside. Crabs has been great but he is still is much better when utilized in the slot. We missed MM yesterday because he has the ability on the outside to get by press coverage. Jenkins isn't ready. He needs to get stronger. Moss is a shell of his former self. We had to use a flea-flicker just to get him open deep. He isn't running past CBs like his glory days. With K-10 done for the year, we need MM to stay healthy. He's the key for teams not to just go Cover 4 and keep everything bottled up underneath. Guys want to see us go deep more, we still only have only two guys with that capability....MM and VD. Only one of them played yesterday. That's partly why it looked like the NFCCG for most of the day yesterday.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-10-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Closed Thread