Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Edwards who? Where has he played and what position?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Niners have brought Ray Edwards in for a workout today.
Eh...not bad for potential depth. He's pretty good at a certain side I think. LE? But apparently he played RE in Atlanta and kept struggling. Or maybe it was the other way around.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Eh...not bad for potential depth. He's pretty good at a certain side I think. LE? But apparently he played RE in Atlanta and kept struggling. Or maybe it was the other way around.
He's a strong side end I don't see where he fits in the defense, not a very strong pass rusher.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see him making much of a contribution. But he did piggyback off Jared Allen's hardwork. Maybe he could do the same with Justin Smith.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont understand the point of possibly signing Ray Edwards. He hasnt done anything since leaving the Vikings. We have Dobbs and Tukuafu who should both be moved back to the DL and both would be better options than Edwards would be. At least to me anyway.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see him making much of a contribution. But he did piggyback off Jared Allen's hardwork. Maybe he could do the same with Justin Smith.
He's not a 5-Tech in any shape or form though. If they brought him in, I'm almost certain it would be as a situational pass-rusher. He'd basically play Aldon's role last year....DE in our nickel package to help with the pass-rush during the playoffs. I'm sure they don't want Brooks and Aldon to wear down through the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs. Having a extra guy to provide pressure would be great. And I think they might want take a look at guys in case of injury. Aldon is nursing a banged up shoulder.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
He's not a 5-Tech in any shape or form though. If they brought him in, I'm almost certain it would be as a situational pass-rusher. He'd basically play Aldon's role last year....DE in our nickel package to help with the pass-rush during the playoffs. I'm sure they don't want Brooks and Aldon to wear down through the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs. Having a extra guy to provide pressure would be great. And I think they might want take a look at guys in case of injury. Aldon is nursing a banged up shoulder.
This.

I'm sure Baalke is doing due-diligence in kicking the tires on someone who has flashed significant sack ability at times. The way he fell off in Atlanta with Abraham opposite him is alarming, however.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing we'll go 2-2 in our last four. Winning against the Dolphins, losing to the Patriots, losing to Seattle, and then beating Arizona at home to give us a record of 10-5-1. I just hope that enough to win the division. If Seattle gets one more loss it should be, because they would have 6 losses, and 10-5-1 is better than 10-6. It would be great if we could get on more than a two game winning streak this season. Maybe just lose one more game down the stretch. Don't see it happening though. The Patriots are the Patriots (can't remember the last time they lost in December) and Seattle hasn't lost at home this season.

Our guys are really starting to get banged up too. Manningham, Culliver (illness) and Brown didn't practice today and Aldon has a bad shoulder. Not sure how much longer Gore will last either. I don't expect much from the rookies, but regardless we need help.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-06-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hoping that we'll finish 12-3-1. The tie and loss to the Rams is going to bite us in the ass. We should beat the Dolphins but then again, we should have beat the Rams both times so who knows???

James and Jenkins need to play. Mainly James though to fill the role that Hunter had as a receiver and runner. Have to give Gore some rest down the stretch for the playoffs.

One thing is for sure, we need that second bye.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm seriously tired of ppl saying Bowman is better than Willis. People who don't understand that Pat's role has changed and he isn't always asked to come downhill and play strictly in the box like he was before Bowman was his running buddy. This guy covers opposing TEs week after week, man coverage and quietly does a outstanding job. Just look at the numbers opposing TEs have put up against us. Only 2 TDs giving up all year(in weeks 1 and 2 respectively) and not one TE has over 50 yards receiving agaisnt us. I'm talking about guys like Finley, Pettigrew, Jimmy Graham, Chandler, Bennett from the Giants, and Lance Kendricks. That's great work and its not all Willis, but the majority of it, especially in the base set. He's become a complete LB. I love Bowman as much as the next guy but Willis is still the man and the best at his position. Even more so now. Tackles aren't what defines a LB anymore.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Bowman is awesome but Willis is definitely better. In time, who knows but right now, nope. Willis is in my opinion the best 3-4 ILB in the league and would be the best MLB if we were running the 4-3. Either way, the best. Willis is like a 9.5 and Bowman is a 9.0. LOL. :)
Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody see how actively Brandon Jacobs is whining? Can't believe he's such a child to go public like he has.

Screw him.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Anybody see how actively Brandon Jacobs is whining? Can't believe he's such a child to go public like he has.

Screw him.
Must have been nice being coddled in NY.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

We should release Jacobs and use James. I rather have a rookie playing instead of Jacobs. I hate Jacobs and he sucks anyway. UGH.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
We should release Jacobs and use James. I rather have a rookie playing instead of Jacobs. I hate Jacobs and he sucks anyway. UGH.
I agree but it's not like Jacobs has been stealing carries from James.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree but it's not like Jacobs has been stealing carries from James.
True but we dont need someone like him in the locker room. I thought that Moss would be the distraction but he's been anything but a distraction. He's been a total team player. Jacobs on the other hand hasnt and isnt worth keeping. Also, Jacobs was inactive today for the Dolphins game. Harbaugh and Baalke should just release this guy before he becomes a distraction. Plus, it will send a message to just play and shut the hell up.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

They should keep him on the roster while having him deactivated until the season is over so no one has the chance to pick him up for their late playoff run. Then his career will be over with the season. Haha.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Rumor is he's gone tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
They should keep him on the roster while having him deactivated until the season is over so no one has the chance to pick him up for their late playoff run. Then his career will be over with the season. Haha.
His career is already pretty much over and what team would want him? I dont think that any playoff team would want him and aside from the Packers, no playoff team needs a RB and even the Packers did good yesterday. I just think that he become a bigger distraction and isnt worth it whatsoever.

Quote:
Rumor is he's gone tomorrow.
Hopefully. :)
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw that the game against the Shecocks got flexed to prime time so the Niners will be playing on NBC back to back weeks.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

The dream is that the 49ers win on Sunday and the Seahawks overlook the Bills and lose on Sunday, taking a little less pressure off the 49ers heading into Seattle. I didn't think the NFC West would still be up for debate at this point.

Quote:
The 49ers might be in the driver's seat for the No. 2 seed in the NFC playoffs, but there are a couple of major potholes on the road in front of them.

The 49ers own a half-game lead over the NFC North-leading Green Bay Packers for the second seed, which ensures a first-round bye in the playoffs and a home game in the divisional round.

With difficult road games against the New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks, the 49ers have not wrapped up the NFC West title, yet. If Seattle wins its final three games and the 49ers lose two of three, the Seahawks would win the NFC West.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...d-nfc-playoffs

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-10-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots haven't lost in December at home since 2002. They haven't even lost in the second half of the season since 2009.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
The Patriots haven't lost in December at home since 2002. They haven't even lost in the second half of the season since 2009.
Looks like it's time for that to change then.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
His career is already pretty much over and what team would want him? I dont think that any playoff team would want him and aside from the Packers, no playoff team needs a RB and even the Packers did good yesterday. I just think that he become a bigger distraction and isnt worth it whatsoever.
The Giants could resign him for a role. Short yardage situations maybe. Bradshaw is out with a knee problem and who knows when he'll be back. Jacobs is familiar with their system so it wouldn't be a shock. They'd had to turn to rookie David Wilson in the meantime. Saying no playoff team needs a running back, at this stage of the game, is premature. Everyone is hurting right now.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Well they have the Texans and 49ers next. They're a good team, but I'd be shocked if they went 2-0 at home against both of them. I'm guessing the Texans win tonight. I don't see us winning in New England.

Quote: