Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well they have the Texans and 49ers next. They're a good team, but I'd be shocked if they went 2-0 at home against both of them. I'm guessing the Texans win tonight. I don't see us winning in New England.
I think we have a better shot than the Texans because I think our defense and running game are better.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I think we have a better shot than the Texans because I think our defense and running game are better.
I don't think so. The Texans have a good defense, they actually have a quarterback that is a passing threat, and their running attack is very good. Overall their offense is a lot better than ours. It's second in the league in terms of points scored. 49ers are middle of the pack. I think San Francisco's inconsistent offense is going to rear it's ugly head in primetime. Especially if they run that option **** again.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners will win in New England i'm certain of it.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The media kept asking Harbaugh about Brandon Jacobs and he refused to comment on the matter. Even after he made it clear the reporters asked three more consecutive questions regarding the matter. People, he said he wasn't going to talk about it. Why do you continue to poke at the issue? Makes no sense.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports are that Jacobs is Suspended for the final 3 games by the 49ers so he can't go to another team.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good; tell that guy to piss off.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just get rid of Jacobs
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The dream is that the 49ers win on Sunday and the Seahawks overlook the Bills and lose on Sunday, taking a little less pressure off the 49ers heading into Seattle. I didn't think the NFC West would still be up for debate at this point.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...d-nfc-playoffs
I don't see the 49ers losing 2 of 3. But even if they do, I think their 10-5-1 would get them in as a WC.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
just get rid of Jacobs
Suspension prevents him from helping any other teams.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would any other team want Jacobs?he is the biggest cry baby in the league.

Side note I can't wait for next Sunday night. gonna be a long week. I hope we beat up NE badly.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I don't see the 49ers losing 2 of 3. But even if they do, I think their 10-5-1 would get them in as a WC.
All they have to do is win one more game to get in the tournament. I'm assuming the 49ers win at least against Arizona. I'm starting to doubt their chances against the Patriots and Seahawks on the road. Which means a record of 10-5-1 like you said. The 49ers could drop all the way down to the 5th seed. Which means three games on the road to get to the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Giants could resign him for a role. Short yardage situations maybe. Bradshaw is out with a knee problem and who knows when he'll be back. Jacobs is familiar with their system so it wouldn't be a shock. They'd had to turn to rookie David Wilson in the meantime. Saying no playoff team needs a running back, at this stage of the game, is premature. Everyone is hurting right now.
Giants? No way. He didnt get along with Coughlin and with the emergence of Wilson yesterday, Giants dont need him. I know Jacobs was suspended for the final three games and Jacobs has filed a grievence against the 49ers. Personally, I would have just released him. This will drag on and be a distraction period. He's not worth a damn and even if by some chance he signs with a team we play in the playoffs, I wouldnt even care or be concerned. He sucks and he's done.

Quote:
Well they have the Texans and 49ers next. They're a good team, but I'd be shocked if they went 2-0 at home against both of them. I'm guessing the Texans win tonight. I don't see us winning in New England.
I wont be happy losing to NE but I would much rather win in SEA if I had to choose. I'm sure everyone here would do the same. And to be honest, having to win in SEA to win the NFC West would be a huge and much needed test. This team needs to get to the next level and beating the Seahawks in SEA would be a huge step towards that.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I would have just released Jacobs. He isnt worth anything and even if a team signs him, he'll probably do more harm than good so releasing him wouldnt even matter.

This suspension/grievence is just a waste of time and could be an even bigger distraction. Just release him. He sucks anyway. We signed him to a one year deal worth under $1m so he's done and not worth even that.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Giants? No way. He didnt get along with Coughlin and with the emergence of Wilson yesterday, Giants dont need him. I know Jacobs was suspended for the final three games and Jacobs has filed a grievence against the 49ers. Personally, I would have just released him. This will drag on and be a distraction period. He's not worth a damn and even if by some chance he signs with a team we play in the playoffs, I wouldnt even care or be concerned. He sucks and he's done.
Wilson is one back and it was one game against the Saints defense. Big deal. There is a long road ahead in the playoffs and the uncertainty of Bradshaw lingers. The Giants brass might put any bad blood (when did he say he didn't get along with Coughlin) and sign a guy that is going to be looking for a job.

Quote:
I wont be happy losing to NE but I would much rather win in SEA if I had to choose. I'm sure everyone here would do the same. And to be honest, having to win in SEA to win the NFC West would be a huge and much needed test. This team needs to get to the next level and beating the Seahawks in SEA would be a huge step towards that.
Well yes, because it's a division game. If you are going to lose one for sure, it would be better than it's an AFC opponent. Seattle has a better homefield advantage though, which is what scares me. Plus they haven't lost a game at home this season. But it's not like the 49ers have a choice as far as who wins and loses. Winning the next game is vital though. Because then the division title isn't on the line and all you have to worry about is beating the Cardinals.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
Wilson is one back and it was one game against the Saints defense. Big deal. There is a long road ahead in the playoffs and the uncertainty of Bradshaw lingers. The Giants brass might put any bad blood (when did he say he didn't get along with Coughlin) and sign a guy that is going to be looking for a job.
True but at the same time, I live in NY and it seemed like every week, Jacobs was at odds with Coughlin or whoever. Plus, he declined badly the last few seasons. When you're getting less carries than Anthony Dixon, you know you suck and you're done. Seriously, he's not worth anything. If Jacobs wins his greivence and comes back to the team? Then what? Then, he gets released? He's nothing and not worth even talking about. I said in the off-season that I didnt want him and now you know why.

And before you mention it, I said the same about Moss and Manningham. Was wrong about Manningham and hoping we extend him in the off-season as I think he and Crabtree can be an awesome WR combo. As for Moss, didnt want him even though I was excited but he's obviously done and will be gone after the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
Well yes, because it's a division game. If you are going to lose one for sure, it would be better than it's an AFC opponent. Seattle has a better homefield advantage though, which is what scares me. Plus they haven't lost a game at home this season. But it's not like the 49ers have a choice as far as who wins and loses. Winning the next game is vital though. Because then the division title isn't on the line and all you have to worry about is beating the Cardinals.
First, dont say that all we would have to worry about is the Cardinals because that would be the game we lose. I said the same thing about the Rams and well, no need to continue that conversation.

Second, to be honest, in a way, I want the SEA game to determine the NFC West champion because its time our team shows that its the best team in the division and the league. If they cant beat SEA in SEA, then honestly, they dont deserve to win anything.

Third, losing would humble Harbaugh and not just think his crappy gimmicks and such will automatically win games because its not. Also, in a way, if we lose Roman and Reid and company get cleaned out in Philly, I would love to see Mornhinweg back in SF. He's a WCO guy so he'll fit right in and hopefully, he wont have any of this triple option or other crappy formations.

Either way, one game at a time.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
True but at the same time, I live in NY and it seemed like every week, Jacobs was at odds with Coughlin or whoever. Plus, he declined badly the last few seasons. When you're getting less carries than Anthony Dixon, you know you suck and you're done. Seriously, he's not worth anything. If Jacobs wins his greivence and comes back to the team? Then what? Then, he gets released? He's nothing and not worth even talking about. I said in the off-season that I didnt want him and now you know why.
I'm sure Jacobs will come crawling back to New York if they show the slightest interest. Doesn't really make sense right now to release him. Jacobs might still be useful in short yardage situations. It's not like Wilson is a master at that. I'd rather him not be in the way on any NFC team at all. Might as well.

Quote:
First, dont say that all we would have to worry about is the Cardinals because that would be the game we lose. I said the same thing about the Rams and well, no need to continue that conversation.

Second, to be honest, in a way, I want the SEA game to determine the NFC West champion because its time our team shows that its the best team in the division and the league. If they cant beat SEA in SEA, then honestly, they dont deserve to win anything.

Third, losing would humble Harbaugh and not just think his crappy gimmicks and such will automatically win games because its not. Also, in a way, if we lose Roman and Reid and company get cleaned out in Philly, I would love to see Mornhinweg back in SF. He's a WCO guy so he'll fit right in and hopefully, he wont have any of this triple option or other crappy formations.

Either way, one game at a time.
Why would the 49ers lose that game? The Cardinals are not even on the same level as St.Louis, and the team has mailed it in. Yesterday's historic blowout should say something.

Yeah I don't need some dramatic movie sequence play out for the division. I want the easiest road to the crown as possible. Which means winning the game against the Patriots.

And let's not try and judge Harbaugh's psyche please. He deserves the benefit of the doubt thus far. He and Roman are not designing plays to not work and if you think that him and his staff care what you or any other fans that don't approve of their offense, think again.

By the way, I don't know why you are keen on the 49ers losing a game. Just like you would have preferred the 49ers have lost against the first meeting against the Rams. Yeah that would really be helping us out right now.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These 3 plays bother me. click for the big GIF versions

It's not like I am looking at it trying to pick things out. I just couldn't see some of the game cause I am not local so I just wanted to see things for the 1st time.

You see the 3rd time Gore is frustrated with how open he is and wasn't thrown the ball.

There was a couple more I saw where the D allowed the same stuff to be wide open but he did connect with another guy that was open. Completely missing the easy stuff cause he is super focused on the target he really wants.

Outside wide pass rush/contain. They saw his tape of the really deep drops and escaping left or right vs up and through the pocket in the middle.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Because he'll be hated forever for "checkdowns."
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st play short completion to Vernon. Second Davis takes a terrible pass set and gets beat third he takes the sack instead of a checkdown what is the issue exactly?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
1st play short completion to Vernon. Second Davis takes a terrible pass set and gets beat third he takes the sack instead of a checkdown what is the issue exactly?
If we're to dissect it as people would Alex Smith...

Gore was uncovered for huge gains (at least 1st down yardage) on all three.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Wow that was bad. Especially the third one. Frank Gore, I'm sorry you've never had a chance to play with an All Pro quarterback. I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been Kaepernick's problem thus far. He does not look off of his first option and if that option isn't open he runs or takes a sack.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It was a positive play but defended was on him. A deep drop pat and throw when looking down the middle the whole time. Iupati got walked around pretty easy which was bad.
A. Davis was bit shallow but DE still had to make a turn around 7 yards upfield. Kaep likes to do an extra hop and drop back about 9 yards. Makes it more difficult to block and with how Kaep primes the cannon back a bit more than most QBs that is vulnerable. The worst thing was Goodwin being pushed back. Miller throwing lane might not been there for a throw that had to be more flat cause the defense was in the area but he didn't look until it was too late.
3rd is the worst cause it is 3rd down. And didn't look left or right when the middle was crowded. Crab and Gore had no guys on them.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

The offense just hasn't looked as crisp in Kaepernick's starts as it did earlier in the year. The 49ers had more YPG, first downs per game, and yards per play as well a better third down conversion percentage and red zone efficiency in the first eight games than they do in the last four. The game against the Bears was great. Since then the entire offense has been average or worse. I don't know if it is all on Kaepernick but he is obviously part of it.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 12-11-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Yes it doesn't seem like the switch has paid off. At least with Smith you know you weren't going to struggle against the bad teams. Now Kaepernick is going up against Belichick? Don't like it. Also, Kaepernick's inexperience is showing with the clock management. It's annoying.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-11-2012 at 01:21 PM.