Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
What did I say that made you think that I hate him? Actually I think we agree that he's not top 5 but he is top 15. I think he could be top 5 if he eliminated the drops and deflections. I just don't think that the Chiefs should pay him Larry Fitzgerald money because he clearly isn't at that level.
Sorry. Some fans and media have had it out for Bowe since day one and I lumped you in to that category.

I seriously think the Chiefs and some fans mainly ones that call in to radio shows are going to run in to some "you don't know what you got till it's gone" next year.

Then they are going to rant and rave that the Chiefs let him go when he is balling for some other team.

Last edited by Splat : 12-10-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gotta resign D-Bowe and Albert next year. We have so much cap space the money involved is pretty rudimentary, personally I'd rather slightly overpay for D-Bowe instead of Having the Cooper and "Blah"win show. Good franchises keep their good players. With a franchise QB, D-Bowe is easily a top ten, maybe top five WR.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
We gotta resign D-Bowe and Albert next year. We have so much cap space the money involved is pretty rudimentary, personally I'd rather slightly overpay for D-Bowe instead of Having the Cooper and "Blah"win show. Good franchises keep their good players. With a franchise QB, D-Bowe is easily a top ten, maybe top five WR.
Not necessarily. Good franchises evaluate their talent and pay them appropriately. They don't overpay...except for the QB...and they will let a player walk if they can't sign him for a reasonable amount (not cheap). The Steelers and Patriots have let a number of players walk away and they just reload. The Raiders OTOH overpay all the time and wind up letting the wrong players walk when they get into "cap hell."

There are plenty of things to criticize Pioli about but this is not one of them.

I hope we (well, the new GM) do resign Bowe and Albert, I just don't want to see the Chiefs screw up the cap by giving into unreasonable demands just to please the fanbase. Doing so will only create more unreasonable demands from other players.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we look at this logically, we need Bowe. When we get a new QB in here we're going to need a reliable pass catching target to help him out. Look at Wayne in Indy. We need that presence. Yeah we'll have our run game, but we need to keep defenses honest. Trotting out Baldwin and Moeaki isn't going to frighten anyone.

Both of these guys need to be re-signed long term if our drafted QB is going to have any shot to turn things around.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If we look at this logically, we need Bowe. When we get a new QB in here we're going to need a reliable pass catching target to help him out. Look at Wayne in Indy. We need that presence. Yeah we'll have our run game, but we need to keep defenses honest. Trotting out Baldwin and Moeaki isn't going to frighten anyone.

Both of these guys need to be re-signed long term if our drafted QB is going to have any shot to turn things around.
And I don't disagree. We do need Bowe. I guess that if Splat is annoyed by the Bowe haters, I'm annoyed by the "pay him ANYTHING he wants" crowd. Hopefully reality will set in and the Chiefs will understand that they need Bowe and Bowe will understand that he's not Fitz or Megatron.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard nothing to suggest that Bowe is asking for Fitz or Megatron money.

That said people always say X player isn't worth what he is asking for. I got news for you no one is worth what they are asking for. If you want to keep good players you have to spend money.

I'm not saying hand over a blank check but the guy is going to get a big deal from someone.

This isn't going to end with Bowe. You think Justin Houston is going to take less to stay in KC in a few years because we took a shot on him in the 3rd round? I don't think so.

There is a reason NE can let good players walk they have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. It's a hell of alot easier to "just reload" when you have those two guys as your starting point.

The Chiefs have all kinds of cap room and there is no reason whatsoever why they can't lock up D-Bowe and Albert.

Last edited by Splat : 12-11-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right. I don't disagree with anything you said. I will say that this is a two way street, so these guys have got to want to stay here. I know Bowe is saying he does, but he might just be saying that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
And I don't disagree. We do need Bowe. I guess that if Splat is annoyed by the Bowe haters, I'm annoyed by the "pay him ANYTHING he wants" crowd. Hopefully reality will set in and the Chiefs will understand that they need Bowe and Bowe will understand that he's not Fitz or Megatron.
I'm not saying pay him anything. Obviously there is a limit to what he's worth in the open market. That being said, he is easily our best WR currently and probably since Otis Taylor. I should rephrase what I said earlier(because your right, a guy shouldn't spend the farm on one player) we need to spend the money required to keep our players who have consistently produced on the field. The thought of another kendrall bell situation just makes me shiver.