Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Helluva job with ball security by Stallworth. Demps wound up from about 10 yards away to punch that ball

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

somewhat good news i guess... talib has been on the exercise bike and has been doing backpedaling drills on the sideline. doesnt sound too too serious

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I guess it depends on matchups. Flacco had to go through the Texans last year (in a game he struggled in) and then the Patriots (Brady) and lost to them.

It's conceivable that if Schaub just has to go through 1 elite qb to go to the SB then maybe it's possible. But I don't see him going through 2 elite QBs on his way to the SB. Say he has to go through Ben then Brady/Peyton, I just don't see him beating 2 elite guys to get there.
The point is that Flacco, like Schuab, isn't the main reason why the team will be held back (Lee Evans dropped Flacco's Super Bowl pass). Houston has the potential to beat anyone in the NFL and also has the potential to light it up with the best of them. One, looking like two, bad nights against the Packers and Patriots doesn't change that.

Honestly even if this game against the Patriots is a blowout, I wouldn't be really worried. The Texans will have the first seed in the playoffs most likely. At least a bye. I don't think it's an indictment of the Texans not being able to get to the Super Bowl.

If the Texans choke, I'm thinking it's going to be their defense melting down more than anything. Like they are tonight. I'd be surprised if it's Schaub's inability to make plays.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Stallworth looks a lot slower now.
than when he ran that dude over?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with BBD. I have a hard time taking this Texans team seriously (as a legit Super Bowl contender) after watching them get handled by the Packers and gutted by the Pats.

Also, I forgot Stallworth was still playing.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston's been in 4 primetime games this year: almost losing to the Jets, beating the Bears, and getting smoked by NE and GB
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The point is that Flacco, like Schuab, isn't the main reason why the team will be held back (Lee Evans dropped Flacco's Super Bowl pass). Houston has the potential to beat anyone in the NFL and also has the potential to light it up with the best of them. One, looking like two, bad nights against the Packers and Patriots doesn't change that.

Honestly even if this game against the Patriots is a blowout, I wouldn't be really worried. The Texans will have the first seed in the playoffs most likely. At least a bye. I don't think it's an indictment of the Texans not being able to get to the Super Bowl.

If the Texans choke, I'm thinking it's going to be their defense melting down more than anything. Like they are tonight. I'd be surprised if it's Schaub's inability to make plays.
Lol what? dude theyve scored zero points and the Defense had just forced four stops with multiple hits on Brady before that last score. What game are you watching?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
than when he ran that dude over?
Zing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Houston realized that no one defensive back from NE can cover Andre Johnson since Talib got injured.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's not just the defense tonight. Schaub is playing poorly too. The problem with this team is they can't play from behind down 2 scores. They're not built to play a wide open game. You're not gonna shut everyone out, there's gonna be games where you have to play a shootout and I don't see this team as a team that can hang with the big boys in a shoot out.

This Texans defense is good, but I don't view it the same way as the 49ers or Seahawks defense. I don't see it as a shut down, lock down defense that can take on any offense.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

busted coverage

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Lol what? dude theyve scored zero points and the Defense had just forced four stops with multiple hits on Brady before that last score. What game are you watching?
Since when I was just talking about this game and not the overall scope of Texans season?

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
It's not just the defense tonight. Schaub is playing poorly too. The problem with this team is they can't play from behind down 2 scores. They're not built to play a wide open game. You're not gonna shut everyone out, there's gonna be games where you have to play a shootout and I don't see this team as a team that can hang with the big boys in a shoot out.

This Texans defense is good, but I don't view it the same way as the 49ers or Seahawks defense. I don't see it as a shut down, lock down defense that can take on any offense.
Yes the entire team is off their mark tonight. It happens. But they're also 11-1, soon to be 11-2. Assuming they even do get behind when they play an opponent on their home field, it depends who it is. They haven't had to play from behind that many times, this is true. Sorry, I'm just not willing to play the fraud/overrated card on them. Not yet.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since when I was just talking about this game and not the overall scope of Texans season?
You literally, LITERALLY said that the texans defense was melting down tonight. Its right in the quote of my last post. hahaha lol wut?

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was Chandler Jones being a douche about?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes the entire team is off their mark tonight. It happens. But they're also 11-1, soon to be 11-2. Assuming they even do get behind when they play an opponent on their home field, it depends who it is. They haven't had to play from behind that many times, this is true. Sorry, I'm just not willing to play the fraud/overrated card on them. Not yet.
That's fine. I respect that. Just out of curiosity, who do you have coming out of the AFC?

I think right here right now, I'm leaning towards the Broncos. I want to say the Steelers but I don't even know if they're going to make the playoffs.

My brain says the Patriots but it feels like that team goes to the SB every other year and I just can't see them doing it again.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
You literally, LITERALLY said that the texans defense was melting down tonight. Its right in the quote of my last post. hahaha lol wut?
And? That doesn't mean me and BBD weren't talking about the entire scope of the entire Texans season. That was the main premise. Which is why I responded to him. Go back and read if you don't believe me. The conversations we were having weren't just about tonight's game.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Broncos and Patriots are the only teams I could see getting to the Superbowl from the AFC.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
That's fine. I respect that. Just out of curiosity, who do you have coming out of the AFC?

I think right here right now, I'm leaning towards the Broncos. I want to say the Steelers but I don't even know if they're going to make the playoffs.

My brain says the Patriots but it feels like that team goes to the SB every other year and I just can't see them doing it again.
The Super Bowl? Before the season I said Houston. Now, I would say the Broncos seem to be the "smart pick". They look like they're going to be the AFC champions at this point. I think the Patriots defense will let them down at some point. Same with the Ravens who really seem inconsistent as of late.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

That was a great tackle by Hightower.

Quote:
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

This Patriots defense is tackling well tonight.

Xs and Os aside, 50% of defense is tackling. It's the most fundamental principle of defense that's overlooked so often. All the great defenses in this league are great tackling defenses, regardless of what scheme they run.

If you tackle well, you're gonna play good defense.
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
And? That doesn't mean me and BBD weren't talking about the entire scope of the entire Texans season. That was the main premise. Which is why I responded to him. Go back and read if you don't believe me. The conversations we were having weren't just about tonight's game.
Hahah yes you were referring to the entire scope. You still tried saying that tonight was an example of the defense melting down rather than Shaubs play, you used tonight as an example and it wasn't accurate so I called you out on it. I can read fine.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Arrington is looking like a functional NFL player tonight, dafuq?
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Hahah yes you were referring to the entire scope. You still tried saying that tonight was an example of the defense melting down rather than Shaubs play, you used tonight as an example and it wasn't accurate so I called you out on it.
The defense hasn't played up to it's potential like it has on other times of the season. This reminds me of the game against Jacksonville a couple of weeks back. Even if the offense is struggling, that isn't an excuse to give up 28 points. And it's not like the Texans have been constantly turning the ball over giving the Patriots good field position for their scores.

Regardless, that doesn't matter. Like I said earlier, I wasn't just talking about this game. If you want to take out some little part of my statement and nitpick about it, then proceed. But I assumed you were quoting me to respond to the bigger picture I had been discussing with BBD. I also just said the entire team was struggling, including Schaub.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an athlete.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The flaw with the Texans defense: CB depth.

This year Joseph is having a down year bc of injuries, and they lack depth at CB so if you spread them out, you stretch out Wade's blitzes, and you isolate CBs who can get picked on.

Wade has never been a great coverage DC. He makes his money on his blitz packages. If you can spread his defense out, and pick on those 2nd and 3rd DBs, you can score on them.