Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Actually the bucs do not run a Tampa 2 really so you posting that made me LOL.

Please show me where I posted that the Bucs run that defensive scheme.

Oh, and BTW, this "retort" or yours is further illustrating and confirming what that post was about. You DO NOT understand scheme. So do yourself a favor and don't.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
We need new CB's so badly
We have plenty of bad CBs. I don't really see a sure-fire good CB that will likely be there in the last half of round 1. I'm not sure ANY CB there will be an upgrade over what we have.

Personally, I'd like to see a pass rusher... no, not a DE, not a DT, not a LB... a pass rusher. I don't care if the guy only plays on 3rd downs, we need ONE FREAKING guy that can put pressure on the QB. You pressure the QB you can ran man, zone, combo, whatever... a good pass rush can make up for a poor secondary but it is rare for a good secondary to make up for a poor pass rush.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
We have plenty of bad CBs. I don't really see a sure-fire good CB that will likely be there in the last half of round 1. I'm not sure ANY CB there will be an upgrade over what we have.

Personally, I'd like to see a pass rusher... no, not a DE, not a DT, not a LB... a pass rusher. I don't care if the guy only plays on 3rd downs, we need ONE FREAKING guy that can put pressure on the QB. You pressure the QB you can ran man, zone, combo, whatever... a good pass rush can make up for a poor secondary but it is rare for a good secondary to make up for a poor pass rush.
Sheridan will just waste that pass rusher's talent by forcing the defense to run stunts on every passing down like we do now.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be all that shocked if Logan Ryan and Khaseem Greene became Bucs
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would not be all that shocked if Logan Ryan and Khaseem Greene became Bucs
Logan Ryan yes. Greene? No. The Rutgers connection really means nothing. Logan Ryan I can see the possibility. Not only did schiano recruit him but he's a physical cb that we can use on this team.

Greene is a good player but we have foster and David. Really don't have a huge need for Sam lb bc were in nickel packages most of the time.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Logan Ryan yes. Greene? No. The Rutgers connection really means nothing. Logan Ryan I can see the possibility. Not only did schiano recruit him but he's a physical cb that we can use on this team.

Greene is a good player but we have foster and David. Really don't have a huge need for Sam lb bc were in nickel packages most of the time.
Improving the pass defense might mean moving Foster to Sam and getting a guy in the middle that is not such a liabiilty in coverage. Rarely have I seen him get enough depth in his drops when the team is in cover 2, and even when he is in decent position (which is rare), his recognition is extremely slow. Replacing Foster with a more pass coverage adept LB won't necessarily fix the problems at CB, but it wouldn't hurt. I can see the Bucs drafting a Mike or moving David over there permanently.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Improving the pass defense might mean moving Foster to Sam and getting a guy in the middle that is not such a liabiilty in coverage. Rarely have I seen him get enough depth in his drops when the team is in cover 2, and even when he is in decent position (which is rare), his recognition is extremely slow. Replacing Foster with a more pass coverage adept LB won't necessarily fix the problems at CB, but it wouldn't hurt. I can see the Bucs drafting a Mike or moving David over there permanently.
That makes no sense to replace foster. Is not horrible in coverage but he's also not wearing the MIKE either. No lb can cover anyone when qbs have time to pick apart a defense no matter how good ur secondary is. Our problem and I know we're in agreement on this is pass rush. We get no pressure on the outside.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Updated 3/4 of the season Mock Draft: FA Signings included

Re-Sign:
- DE Michael Bennett
- T Demar Dotson
- LB Adam Hayward

Let Go:
-CB Eric Wright
-CB EJ Biggers
-RB Lagarrett Blount

Retire:
-Ronde Barber

FA Signings:
-RB Chris Ivory
-CB Mike Jenkins
-DT Glenn Dorsey

Draft:
1st Round: Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
- Need CB and pass rush help in the worst way. The guy you want isn't there. Hard to predict trade downs, but this could be an option to pick up another pick. Rhodes isn't being talked about much, but at 6'1 217 lbs, he's a physical CB with quick feet and fluid hips and ability to jam WRs off their route and play bump and run. Barely gets thrown at because he's got very good awareness and ball skills, but won't be like Talib and gamble much, resulting in not really getting beat.

2nd Round: Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
- Love this kids potential. Speed rusher off the edge. Should be there in the 2nd round, as he's very raw, but very athletic. Something we can use.

3rd round:Jordan Reed TE Florida:
- Freeman could use an athletic pass catching TE as a safety valve. Reed has that explosive ability to make plays and cause fits for defenses in the middle of the field.

4th Round: Jordan Hill DT Penn State
- Never can have enough D-Lineman. Could give rest to guys like Miller and McCoy and Dorsey in spells. McCoy's leads the league for Dlineman in snaps played compared to most elite DTs.

4th Round: via New England: Markus Wheaton WR Oregona State:

- Underrated WR prospect that doesn't draw the deserved attention. Very good special teams player who can contribute in the slot.

5th Round: Xavier Nixon T Florida:
- Depth and potential developmental T prospect to our o-line. very good run blocker.

6th Round: Devin Taylor DE South Carolina:
- Once again, you can never have enough D-Lineman. Not a gurantee Bennett comes back, but Taylor is solid in run support.

7th Round: John Boyett FS Oregon:
- Sleeper here. Might have gone higher if it weren't for the knee injury.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was interested in Barr. Would he start at SLB?
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
TBBucs621
Rookie

TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.

bucfan12 you posted in Sept: 1st: Manti Teo MLB Notre Dame: I love this kid! Much better prospect than Keuchly is and where I project us to pick, I say he's BPA. Love Foster, but I think he is more of a natural on the SLB, where he had tremendous success in college. Build through the front 7.

I hope there is some possible way that we can land him in the draft. Him, David, and Foster would be a killer LB core that would help us with pass defense. CB Cromartie is trying out for the Bucs today in the game he is playing and hope he shows coach he is the type of player that belongs on this defense. I think we need to lock up Freeman for 5 years as he has proven himself, but I think they will wait to see what he can do next year before extending his contract. The Bucs need to improve on defense period, but rushing out and just looking for CB in the draft isn't the way. I think a good CB will be there in the 2-5 rounds, maybe even 2.
TBBucs621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Barr a SR? I have this feeling we could get him in the 3rd or 4th. You know what pisses me off? We finally have a game were our D Line harrasses the QB and he still throws 2 TDs in the final 4 minutes. I didn't watch the game yet so did our defense just get winded or what? Somebody please clue me in!!!

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Is Barr a SR? I have this feeling we could get him in the 3rd or 4th. You know what pisses me off? We finally have a game were our D Line harrasses the QB and he still throws 2 TDs in the final 4 minutes. I didn't watch the game yet so did our defense just get winded or what? Somebody please clue me in!!!
Anthony Barr is a junior and he is currently projected as a 1st round pick.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Too bad this qb class is crap. I'm really starting to get disgusted watch freeman. Jason Campbell 2.0
Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Too bad this qb class is crap. I'm really starting to get disgusted watch freeman. Jason Campbell 2.0

Heh..... I was thinking a poor man's Campbell.... but the comparison is there.

Freeman has all the athletic ability in the world to play, too bad he doesn't have the brain to go along with it. Made bad reads all day long, and was misjudging routes and over/under throwing at seemingly every turn.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Freeman had a crap first half. Sullivan called a pretty crappy game. Underwood is crap, he doesn't know what he's doing out there half the time. Offensive Line was pretty craptastic. Out of all those crappy performances the secondary takes the cake.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman is not Jason Campbell. He is still only 24 years old, doesn't have a slot WR and his O line is a miss mosh of players. Also he has 25 Td's to only 8 ints.

And btw guys... He had a very bad first half but his team was still winning 21-10 in the 4th with 7 mins left. This loss is on our head coach. Not letting Josh throw the ball to win the game with 4 mins left. He ran ot 3 times and punted it to put it on the D. Even tho he has the 30th D in the league.

Stop with this Freeman sucks stuff....
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Freeman had a crap first half. Sullivan called a pretty crappy game. Underwood is crap, he doesn't know what he's doing out there half the time. Offensive Line was pretty craptastic. Out of all those crappy performances the secondary takes the cake.
Really? So Freeman's performance olagainst quality teams isn't alarming or lack of performance?

No one realizes that it's not the talent around thats the problem. It's him. I'll pull up important stats later.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Really? So Freeman's performance olagainst quality teams isn't alarming or lack of performance?

No one realizes that it's not the talent around thats the problem. It's him. I'll pull up important stats later.
Can't wait.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:

We should just cut him... oh wait. Raiders, Chiefs, Cards, Jets, Bills, Jags, Vikings, Titans would pickup Freeman in one second.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Do we take Jarvis Jones if he falls on draft day cause of his spinal stenosis?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do we take Jarvis Jones if he falls on draft day cause of his spinal stenosis?
We have enough DE's with quirky injury problems!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
We have enough DE's with quirky injury problems!
Jarvis Jones is not even a DE though. He's a Von Miller type of player, its a shame ya dont run a 34.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I don't know about you guys but if Bennett wants big money this off season I would give it to Cliff Avril instead... More of a pure pass rusher
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Jarvis Jones is not even a DE though. He's a Von Miller type of player, its a shame ya dont run a 34.
I can't see him as an OLB in Schiano's 4-3, so in our view, he is a DE.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Updated 3/4 of the season Mock Draft: FA Signings included

Re-Sign:
- DE Michael Bennett
- T Demar Dotson
- LB Adam Hayward

Let Go:
-CB Eric Wright
-CB EJ Biggers
-RB Lagarrett Blount

Retire:
-Ronde Barber

FA Signings:
-RB Chris Ivory
-CB Mike Jenkins
-DT Glenn Dorsey

Draft:
1st Round: Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
- Need CB and pass rush help in the worst way. The guy you want isn't there. Hard to predict trade downs, but this could be an option to pick up another pick. Rhodes isn't being talked about much, but at 6'1 217 lbs, he's a physical CB with quick feet and fluid hips and ability to jam WRs off their route and play bump and run. Barely gets thrown at because he's got very good awareness and ball skills, but won't be like Talib and gamble much, resulting in not really getting beat.

2nd Round: Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
- Love this kids potential. Speed rusher off the edge. Should be there in the 2nd round, as he's very raw, but very athletic. Something we can use.

3rd round:Jordan Reed TE Florida:
- Freeman could use an athletic pass catching TE as a safety valve. Reed has that explosive ability to make plays and cause fits for defenses in the middle of the field.

4th Round: Jordan Hill DT Penn State
- Never can have enough D-Lineman. Could give rest to guys like Miller and McCoy and Dorsey in spells. McCoy's leads the league for Dlineman in snaps played compared to most elite DTs.

4th Round: via New England: Markus Wheaton WR Oregona State:

- Underrated WR prospect that doesn't draw the deserved attention. Very good special teams player who can contribute in the slot.

5th Round: Xavier Nixon T Florida:
- Depth and potential developmental T prospect to our o-line. very good run blocker.

6th Round: Devin Taylor DE South Carolina:
- Once again, you can never have enough D-Lineman. Not a gurantee Bennett comes back, but Taylor is solid in run support.

7th Round: John Boyett FS Oregon:
- Sleeper here. Might have gone higher if it weren't for the knee injury.
I'm sorry, but if you haven't noticed, EJ BIggers is the only DB on the Bucs that has been actually decent. He is by far our best CB right now, letting him go would be moronic.

Blount may not be a favorite, but he is still technically a restricted free agent, I seriously doubt the Bucs don't at least give him a tender.