Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I've seen your mother naked and by god it was glorious!
You'e obviously never seen my mom naked if it was 'glorious'. Oh wait I forgot who I'm talking to, it probably was.

Lol I can't believe I've sunk to arguing with teenagers. Tell mom and dad hello when you go upstairs after your weed and taco bell coma. What can I say, being successful in life isn't for everyone I guess.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
What can I say, being successful in life isn't for everyone I guess.
Says the guy who has complained about his rep over 10 times. At least you have your priorities in life lined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaMichael James should win it.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when does Skip Bayless get banned for being a troll?

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-11-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'e obviously never seen my mom naked if it was 'glorious'. Oh wait I forgot who I'm talking to, it probably was.

Lol I can't believe I've sunk to arguing with teenagers. Tell mom and dad hello when you go upstairs after your weed and taco bell coma. What can I say, being successful in life isn't for everyone I guess.
You've wasted a more time posting than anyone here. Stop insulting everyone and go get a breath of fresh air.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What can I say, being successful in life isn't for everyone I guess.
Man, don't get me started with these guys. I mean I have a tv and a microwave in my house yet not once has anyone given me plus rep for it

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Yeah but it's 10x easier to earn a permanent room in a lockdown psychiatric facility by attempting to prove this hypothesis. If one's brain chemistry is particularly predisposed, LSD can trigger permanent schizo-effective disorder.

Death is relative.
Living without one's sanity is not what I would call being 'alive'.
If you're schizophrenic already, then yes, LSD can **** you up real good, but that's a tiny portion of the population. It's actually far more likely for someone to develop horrible alcoholism that destroys their lives and minds, leaving them in that same psychiatric facility...not that I don't enjoy a good reminiscing-sess, but why are we talking about acid?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
You've wasted a more time posting than anyone here. Stop insulting everyone and go get a breath of fresh air.
Yeah cause it's just me. The ignorance and stupidity of accusing one person (who's mostly just in retaliation mode) is just astonishing.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jsagan is the funniest person here.

or saddest.

if he's a doctoral candidate, I fear for our education system.

Despite people giving valid arguments against him, he ignores them, calls everyone else idiots, belittles everyone who disagrees with him and continues to babble on.

classic internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah cause it's just me. The ignorance and stupidity of accusing one person (who's mostly just in retaliation mode) is just astonishing.
your ignoring of cudders' post with a counterargument was literally the biggest insult and act of ignorance you could've possibly do and if offended me. So, yeah, there's that.

Everything else has just been how we handle trolls here: by mocking them to make ourselves feel better about ourselves and posting .gifs and pictures of tits and memes.

And talking about acid.

Seriously, get better insults. Saying we should OD on acid...that's the worst insult I've heard in quite some time.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

or saddest.

Despite people giving valid arguments against him, he ignores them, calls everyone else idiots, belittles everyone who disagrees with him and continues to babble on.

classic internet.
Classic academia, too. Part of the reason I'm half-inclined to believe him.

The other thought I had is that he's a 17 year-old kid who's in Honors English and thinks that means he'll be able to pass himself off as a "PhD candidate" online.

Either way, he's come into full bloom as a troll in this thread and I'm glad I can refer to someone as "Dr. Sagan" again.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:

or saddest.

classic internet.
Subjective analysis w/o taking in all the facts is not a good argument in any community. Except this one. It's obvious that there are 3 parties here. One that watches Luck extensively and bits and pieces of RG3, the coverse, and ones that see the
holistic picture. It's funny how all these good posts are on here about Luck but none for RG3. Standard I guess.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
Well, how are we framing this discussion then? Is it who should win OROY or is it who will win OROY? The two arenít interchangeable, seamless topics. If itís the latter, I donít mind the argument that RGIII will be awarded with the hardware because his numbers are more pleasing. The media tends to be more quantitative than qualitative. But, if itís the former, I wouldnít dismiss Luck on the basis of a single metric or two. If weíre talking overall bodies of work, and adding appropriate context to the debate, then Luck has a case of his own.

From a statistical perspective, his turnover numbers are a blemish. I get that. There are a lot of good-to-great quarterbacks that enter the league as ďturnover machinesĒ though. With regards to Luckís season in particular, I canít stress enough that heís second in the NFL in terms of passing attempts. As a rookie. For comparisonís sake, RGIII is 25th and Russell Wilson is 26th. Right now, the Colts are asking Luck to do it all and heís doing it. He hasnít been given a crutch to lean on. No, he hasnít been the most efficient quarterback in the NFL, but Iím not expecting him to establish himself as Manning-esque in his first season in Indianapolis either. That offense isnít multiple and its design isnít unique either. Itís a standard offense.

Going into Week 14, Luck was intercepted on 3.2% of his passing attempts. Similar quarterbacks? Cutler and Rivers at 3.5%. Brees at 3.3%. Romo and Dalton at 3.1%. Ryan at 2.8%. Luck is in their neighborhood as a rookie. Without Brandon Marshall. Without Breesí seasoning, scheme, or weapons. Without Dez, Austin, or Witten. Without A.J. Green. Without White, Jones, or Gonzalez. Now, Luck does have a resurgent Pro Bowler on the outside. After that? Four rookies and a cast-off from St. Louis. Paired with a ground game that ranks in the bottom third of the league on a holistic and per attempt basis. Thatís what heís working with. His squad isnít stocked with world-beaters.

As for overall team, I do think there are some caveats to consider with the Coltsí record. Indianapolis is a weak wild-card team in a weak AFC thatís projected to finish with a negative point differential. That said, itís still a flawed roster. A flawed roster thatís still projected to make the postseason. Itís not like itís clear that the Colts are the better team each game. That team has won a lot of close games against comparable competition. Luck has been the biggest factor in masking some of those holes and raising their compete level. A roster with a 2-14 foundation and a high rate of turnover has jelled behind a rookie quarterbackís poise and put themselves on the precipice of the postseason. Thatís unprecedented. Luckís (and, for that matter, RGIIIís) intangibles are unquantifiable.
Bump. QFT. +Rep. Sagan if you're going to post again please counter this post in a mature fashion.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Subjective analysis w/o taking in all the facts is not a good argument in any community. Except this one. It's obvious that there are 3 parties here. One that watches Luck extensively and bits and pieces of RG3, the coverse, and ones that see the
holistic picture. It's funny how all these good posts are on here about Luck but none for RG3. Standard I guess.
RG3 IS ******* UNREAL. he is. I love RG3. He's a ridiculous talent who I'm terrified to face 2 times a year. Both are unreal, but you're wanting everyone to take your standpoint and shove RG3's dick so far down our throats that it's playing take with my intestines. That's not going to happen. He's an incredible talent and having a superb year, but you're making him out to be a hall of famer and the greatest thing to step foot on the field ever. I get it. He's making the Redskins relevant after being the laughingstock of the NFC and perennial doormat of the league for the past 7 years, but you need to chill the **** out with this. Who are you trying to validate him to? What are you trying to prove?
Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Subjective analysis w/o taking in all the facts is not a good argument in any community.

Quote:
Except this one. It's obvious that there are 3 parties here.
Let's see where this goes.

Quote:
One that watches Luck extensively and bits and pieces of RG3,
Ok...

Quote:
the coverse,
That'd be you....

Quote:
and ones that see the
holistic picture.
Like the ones who talk about the strengths of both players without acting like one's success means the others' failure?

Quote:
It's funny how all these good posts are on here about Luck but none for RG3. Standard I guess.
No, most of the posts about RGIII are just yours.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a good kick out of jsagan in this thread. Dude got baited like a ***** repeatedly.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

All I'm doing is presenting the fact and refuting inaccurate assertions. If the facts make him out to look like a HOFer then great.

I'm not going to sit here and listen to armchair analysts try to minimize what he's done and maximize Lucks season like he's been better than RG3. I think Lucks amazing in his own right but he's playing like a rookie (a very good rookie). If he wasn't a rookie people would be questioning his decision making skills and his ball security. RG3 is not playing like a rookie at all. He's having possibly the best rookie season ever and is Rated up there with the best vets in the NFL for a reason and Luck is not for a reason. People are trying to minimize what he's done to build up Luck in so many posts that it's impossible to take them seriously.

Tell me this. Switch the production around. Would most people argue Luck (best prospect in 20 years) or RG3? If RG3 was turning the ball over at that rate he would be 'taking his lumps learning a pro style offense'. If Luck had RG3's stat line he'd basically be in Canton right now.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

If you don't think I've mad any solid posts in this thread then that confirms your subjective nature.

I don't like you or 90% of the people on this board either but I give props to them if they make a good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post

Let's see where this goes.

Ok...

That'd be you....

Like the ones who talk about the strengths of both players without acting like one's success means the others' failure?

No, most of the posts about RGIII are just yours.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

The only "lumps" Luck is taking are the interceptions.

Also, what kind of PhD program are you in?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't like you or 90% of the people on this board either but I give props to them if they make a good post.
Also also - no, you don't.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
The only "lumps" Luck is taking are the interceptions.

Also, what kind of PhD program are you in?
I'm done sharing my personal life with the board. If you want a real conversation PM me.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
All I'm doing is presenting the fact and refuting inaccurate assertions. If the facts make him out to look like a HOFer then great.

I'm not going to sit here and listen to armchair analysts try to minimize what he's done and maximize Lucks season like he's been better than RG3. I think Lucks amazing in his own right but he's playing like a rookie (a very good rookie). If he wasn't a rookie people would be questioning his decision making skills and his ball security. RG3 is not playing like a rookie at all. He's having possibly the best rookie season ever and is Rated up there with the best vets in the NFL for a reason and Luck is not for a reason. People are trying to minimize what he's done to build up Luck in so many posts that it's impossible to take them seriously.

Tell me this. Switch the production around. Would most people argue Luck (best prospect in 20 years) or RG3? If RG3 was turning the ball over at that rate he would be 'taking his lumps learning a pro style offense'. If Luck had RG3's stat line he'd basically be in Canton right now.
stats skew reality. Again, if you think Luck having the 2nd most amount of attempts and RG3 in the bottom 10 of starting QB's don't alter the turnover/interception stats, you need to learn a thing or 2 about everything.

they're 2 different QB's in 2 different systems with 2 different skillsets. Stop trying to compare them in a vacuum
Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Bump. QFT. +Rep. Sagan if you're going to post again please counter this post in a mature fashion.
It's a good post but 1. It's not one or two statistcal categories. It's a ******** of them and 2. This thread wasn't to discuss who will be the better player in the following years, it's firmly about this season, who has been the better offensive player. I simply believe people are grasping at straws and ignoring a lot of the variables and going out of their way to make a case for a guy that in any other year would probably win it. That's okay, but don't expect everyone to buy into Lucks case.

I'll admit I don't think it's close this year, right now, but anyother year Luck would be my choice too, just not this year.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
stats skew reality. Again, if you think Luck having the 2nd most amount of attempts and RG3 in the bottom 10 of starting QB's don't alter the turnover/interception stats, you need to learn a thing or 2 about everything.

they're 2 different QB's in 2 different systems with 2 different skillsets. Stop trying to compare them in a vacuum
Sometimes they do, I completely agree but also Stats can skew reality when someone wants them to. In this case they paint a very accurate picture.

And if you don't think that RG3 being far more efficient than Luck and a better running threat doesn't lighten his passing attempt totals then you have more to learn than I do.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Sometimes they do, I completely agree but also Stats can skew reality when someone wants them to. In this case they paint a very accurate picture.

And if you don't think that RG3 being far more efficient than Luck and a better running threat doesn't lighten his passing attempt totals then you have more to learn than I do.
ok, let's play a game called "reading comprehension"

where did I EVER say that?

times up.

the answer is: I didn't. Stop trying to put words, and RG3's dick, in my mouth
Quote:
Closed Thread