Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Next Star QB Prospects

Marcus Marriota qb Oregon
Kevin Hogan qb Stanford
Johnny manzel qb Texas am
Teddy bridgewater qb Louisville

Discuss. These are the names that intrigued me.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pac 12 has a fair number of young QBs worth keeping an eye on.

For Hogan, when he came in you could see an instant improvement on Stanford's offense. The players just responded to him. I think Stanford has a considerably better shot a winning the Wash and ND game if he was in there. He has a lot of years left so we get to see how Shaw develops him, but the tools are there.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Russell Wilson's continued development and success will play a large part in Manziel's draft stock. Teams might be able to look past the height issues with a short guy already doing it.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Marcus Marriota qb Oregon
Kevin Hogan qb Stanford
Johnny manzel qb Texas am
Teddy bridgewater qb Louisville

Discuss. These are the names that intrigued me.
Not sure about Hogan yet. He was clearly better than Nunes but i thought he really struggled getting the ball to the 2nd and 3rd level of the defense.

I'd add Mariota to your list and certainly Drikel, who is probably the best physical package of those mentioned.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Funny but Teddy is probably the slowest of the 4 guys i mentioned. His level of competition isn't as good as some of the others but he should be right up there.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
My current favorite prospect for the next class. Doesn't have elite size or arm strength, but he's athletic, accurate and efficient. I have no idea why, but whenever I watch Bridgewater I think of Brady.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 12-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4vlyZaAzbU

Mariota is a beast. His presence is just ridiculous, how calm and just aware he is. You rarely ever see him make mistakes with the ball, and even when he's running around, he ALWAYS is looking downfield for a completion.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of looking at RS Freshman or true Freshman and grading them too soon. Let teams get tape on them and see how they respond.

I'm scared of Oregon QBs though. And Manziel reminds me of a lot of college QBs that sucked in the NFL. Maybe the NFL has changed, but he's got a long way to go in his development.

Bridgewater and Hogan are the two on the list that I like most.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel = Jeff Garcia

Put him in a WCO.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Funny but Teddy is probably the slowest of the 4 guys i mentioned. His level of competition isn't as good as some of the others but he should be right up there.
What does speed have anything to do with the QB position? Bridgewater isn't a "running" QB anyway. He's a pure QB taking snaps under center with one of the best play-action fakes in all of football.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure where this "Bridgewater is slow" stuff is coming from. Perhaps its because his offense doesn't use the option and he prefers to stay in the pocket rather than scramble around, but he is definitely not slow. He's not Vick or RGIII fast, but he's certainly got above average speed for a quarterback. I've seen him listed as running a 4.55 40.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm scared of Oregon QBs though. And Manziel reminds me of a lot of college QBs that sucked in the NFL.
Agree with these statements. Manziel will have an all-time great college career, but I don't see him doing much in the NFL...
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
What does speed have anything to do with the QB position? Bridgewater isn't a "running" QB anyway. He's a pure QB taking snaps under center with one of the best play-action fakes in all of football.
Then lets just eliminate it from the combine and scouting reports. It's just part of an overall evaluation.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyler Miles, UDub.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Cyler Miles, UDub.
Hasn't taken a snap yet and won't next year either.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Quote:
Then lets just eliminate it from the combine and scouting reports. It's just part of an overall evaluation.
Let's just have WRs, TEs, and RBs throw some passes so we know how weak their arms are. A "pure" QB's "speed" is as meaningless as any non-QB's arm "stremf".

Here are some really slow guys:

Tom Brady: 5.28
Matt Schaub: 5.08
Nick Foles: 5.14
Brandon Weeden: 4.89
Andy Dalton: 4.82
TJ Yates: 5.06
Ryan Mallett: 5.37
Matt Stafford: 4.81
Josh Freeman: 4.90
Matt Ryan: 4.89
Drew Brees: 4.83
Tony Romo: 5.01
David Garrard: 4.82
Old 12-11-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sign me up for Bridgewater, who looks like a future Top 10 overall pick in my eyes.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braxton Miller is kind of interesting. Really would like to see him put in the work throwing the ball, but who knows in Meyer's offense.

I'd like to see Blake Bell start for a couple years to see what he has at Oklahoma. He's a big boy with a big arm and can move.

But yeah, the Pac 12 is full of interesting guys:

Mariota, Oregon
Hogan, Stanford
Mannion, Oregon St
Hundley, UCLA
Whoever is the QB at USC
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hasn't taken a snap yet and won't next year either.
Is he ineligible or you think he's got no shot to be the starter in 2013??
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Let's just have WRs, TEs, and RBs throw some passes so we know how weak their arms are. A "pure" QB's "speed" is as meaningless as any non-QB's arm "stremf".

Here are some really slow guys:

Tom Brady: 5.28
Matt Schaub: 5.08
Nick Foles: 5.14
Brandon Weeden: 4.89
Andy Dalton: 4.82
TJ Yates: 5.06
Ryan Mallett: 5.37
Matt Stafford: 4.81
Josh Freeman: 4.90
Matt Ryan: 4.89
Drew Brees: 4.83
Tony Romo: 5.01
David Garrard: 4.82
Are you serious with this.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater is the truth.

I'm also moderately interested in Braxton Miller. Want to see him continue to progress as a passer, but his ability is pretty unique.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Is he ineligible or you think he's got no shot to be the starter in 2013??
He redshirted this year and will compete with Keith Price and fellow rs fr. Jeff Lindquist for the starting job next year. Price should be the starter for next year.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Oh I thought Price was gone after this season.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
My current favorite prospect for the next class. Doesn't have elite size or arm strength, but he's athletic, accurate and efficient. I have no idea why, but whenever I watch Bridgewater I think of Brady.

Wow. That was the first time I've seen him play. He plays much more like Russell Wilson than Manziel does. I'm immediately very impressed. I'm going to have to watch some more.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote