Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 15: Packers @ Bears

How about the Packers start this game playing from ahead instead of playing from behind early on?!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big game. What happens if the Bears win and then we both win our remaining games?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Big game. What happens if the Bears win and then we both win our remaining games?
My understanding is that we still win the division in that scenario.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good. To make it easier though they should just win this weekend to end any doubt

hoping tomorrow that we see some guys back and practicing. It would be a good sign that they'll be ready to go this weekend

Bears just placed Gould on IR. That guy seems to make every damn kick vs the Packers, so I won't miss him. Urlacher will be out and CB Tim Jennings status is still up in the air this week
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
We'd be 5-1 within the division, and Da Bearz 4-2 with the loss to the Vikings last week and us in week 2.
Packers would win the division at 11-5.
And I would like the 49ers to lose @NE this week, and then @Seattle next week, and they'd finish 10-5-1, and we'd get the #2 seed.
Unless the Giants win all 3 of their remaining games... then they'd be 11-5 and edge us in the H2H tiebreak, and earn the bye while we'd have to play an extra game.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Giants don't even make the playoffs that would be best case scenario. I'm sick of them!

I really hope we do make it easy on ourselves and just win Sunday.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears week, and things are starting to pick up. Brandon Marshall was at it today flapping his gums like he knows how

Quote:
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne

Marshall: "This is the biggest game of my career.... I heard exactly what TRA-mom and Woodson said after the game."
Quote:
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne

Marshall: I want Charles out there for some of the things that they said. I take it personal.
Quote:
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne

Marshall: For them to say they do an awesome job shutting down players...I take it as a slap in the face when they have 2, 3 guys on you
Quote:
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne

Brandon Marshall is just going off on the Packers left and right.
Quote:
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne

Marshall: If they want to roll cov to me, I have Jeffery on the side. ...I don't like the talk afterward when it's not single coverage.
Quote:
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen

#Bears WR @BMarshall clearly offended by what Packers said about him after first meeting. "I would love their play to back up their talk."
Quote:

#Bears WR @BMarshall on physicality of Packers: "Non-existent. Not physical at all. Leading up to the game,they were talking about how big I was, I was a cheater."
Quote:

#Bears WR @BMarshall on Charles Woodson, who was critical of Jay Cutler: "Charles Woodson, you know? (Pauses) Welcome back Charles."
Quote:
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne

Marshall: I don't like the Green Bay Packers. I really don't like their players. I'll play this like it's my last game.
Quote:
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne

Marshall "absolutely not" worried about any of this being bulletin board material.
then there is this funny thing

Quote:
@BradBiggs
Marshall: "If you need words to get your team going or get riled up, that's sad. Bulleting board material, that is baloney."

@BradBiggs
What's confusing is Marshall says words shouldn't be needed to get fired up, but that seems to be what has fired him up.
Marshall, not much of a deep thinker
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he gets shut down and if he does catch something I hope he fumbles. I don't like him at all.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I've never liked him, but it's hard to argue his talent. Just hope that Cutler tries to forcefeed him the ball so often that the Packers get a few INT's off of him. Marshall can get his as long as the Packers win
Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is the first time facing the Bears that Woodson won't be there.
That sucks.
He feasts on Cuntler.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How about the Packers start this game playing from ahead instead of playing from behind early on?!
As long as they have more points at the end of the game I don't care too much.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
As long as they have more points at the end of the game I don't care too much.
Yeah that, and also, maybe a win and no more guys lost to injury.
Like the 49ers keep having......how many games have Aldon, Justin, Willis, Bowman missed this year combined again? None?

Here are the highlights of coach Mike McCarthy's short press conference after practice today, Thursday:

"T.J. Lang looked fine, definitely getting better," McCarthy said.

**backup defensive back Jerron McMillian was added to the injury list today and didn't practice because of a sore back but appears to likely to play this week.

"Just didn’t want to take any chances with him," McCarthy said. "But I think he’ll probably practice tomorrow, I’ll be surprised (if he doesn’t) just based on my conversation with him."

**Defensive lineman Mike Neal is coming back from a shoulder injury more quickly than the medical staff projected and looks like he might be able to play Sunday. He's been a limited participant at practice Wednesday and Thursday.

"Everybody wants to play in the game," McCarthy said, "but going through the (medical) exam is a lot different than getting down there and doing functional football work. (Neal) felt that he needed to try to practice yesterday, which was not the plan by the medical staff. Once he got through he felt a lot better. I thought he looked good today, I’ll be curious to see what his exam looks like tomorrow."

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-13-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Woodson was helping out with the scout team the last few days, so he's clearly fine but for whatever reason the docs wanted him held out for another week. Either way, looks like he should be good to go next week

- Clay is probable but it sounds like he will be limited in the game/on a snap count

- Lang and Neal are probable

- Jordy is out

- Sitton hurt his hip yesterday in practice. Something flared up. He didn't practice today and is listed as questionable, but Mike expects him to play

The Bears will be without Earl Bennett, Urlacher, Tim Jennings, Shea McClellin and Henry Melton

Melton being out will be huge and be especially helpful for this Packers OL
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

For once, our opponent has about as many and bad injuries as we do.... almost.
Sitton and Bulaga, bad hips? WTH?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Hell yeah, MM doing what I was hoping he'd do

Lang will be at LG with Barclay at RT today. EDS to the bench.

Packers Inactives:

WR Jordy Nelson
DB Charles Woodson
WR Donald Driver
TE D.J. Williams
RB James Starks
DE C.J. Wilson
LB Terrell Manning

DD is dealing with a broken thumb, but he practiced all week. IT's looking like this is a healthy scratch for the most part. WR Jarrett Boykin is active, as well as WR Jeremy Ross. It's probably for the best these days anyway. Newly signed DT Jordan Millar is also active for GB, so it looks like he'll be getting his first reps with the team

Bears Inactives

QB Josh McCown
CB Tim Jennings
LB Brian Urlacher
LB Geno Hayes
DT Henry Melton
WR Earl Bennett
DE Shea McClellin

Jennings, Urlacher, Hayes, Melton, McClellin all out is a huge blow to the Bears D. Finally a week where the GB inactive list is outdone by their opponent.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 12-16-2012 at 10:58 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't be able to watch today :(.
Will be checking in for updates on how things are going.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mason is awful

Old 12-16-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

once again they start veeery slowly and I hate it

I hope that horrendous shank by Crosby doesn't come back to hurt them in the end. God, they can't keep going through with this week to week. His missed FG's are going to cost them

that was seriously one of the worst kicks I've seen. What was it? A 33 yard attempt? Wasn't even ****** close

Hope they get 7 to start the 3rd here to put the pressure on Chicago
Old 12-16-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

James Jones catches TDs in bunches

Old 12-16-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

NFC North Champs!

But damn the all time stupidist ******* play call ever is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.. how ******* stupid.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

This team just ****** can't put a team away can they? Really should have won 27-10 or so but they had to go full ****** at times

Obviously Crosby can't make a FG for the life of him(can this dudes ass already), but that trick punt return play was one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen. You just forced them to punt with what? 9 or so minutes to go in the 4th quarter. You are up 11...what in the WORLD were they thinking? It spotted Chicago 3 points and made it a one score game

thank god Clay is back. The guy is just a difference maker. So disruptive in all facets. D really bailed them out today by holding Chicago to 6 total points(2 FG's) after that awful Grant fumble and Burnett PI, and then of course that trick punt return debacle[/end rant]

All in all, they are NFC North Champions! Now they just need to get Woodson/Nelson back and STAY HEALTHY. Here's hoping the Niners lose tonight. If they do, Packers control their own destiny for a 1st round bye as long as they win out
Old 12-17-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

That decision to lateral on the punt return, with 7 1/2 minutes to go and an 11-point lead, was the worst NFL coaching decision I can ever recall.
Seriously... you think of one worse, let me know.

http://packersinsider.com/2012/12/pa...humbs-up-down/
Old 12-17-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope people aren't serious about wanting Ryan Longwell. First off kickoffs would land at the 5 yard line every freaking time and if a indoor team doesn't want his services... what the heck is he going to do for an outdoor team? He would need to be within 30 yards to kick a field goal anyway.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Take a look at this.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stat...player/kicking
Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I hope people aren't serious about wanting Ryan Longwell. First off kickoffs would land at the 5 yard line every freaking time and if a indoor team doesn't want his services... what the heck is he going to do for an outdoor team? He would need to be within 30 yards to kick a field goal anyway.
Crosby, as horrible as his FGs are, his KickOff avg starting position is only mediocre, 15th in the NFL.

Last year, Crosby was 22nd in KO avg start. Longwell was 1.2 yards worse.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stat...avg_start/2012