Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's very simple.....a checkdown is never your first option. In each of those, the pocket collapse before CK has time to even get to the checkdown. If you get to the top of your drop and then have to elude a pass-rusher, that's not on the QB. It's our hindsight to say well the checkdown is wide open....sure it is....because that's normally the last option of the play. I criticized Alex for leaving his primary reads much too early and going straight to his checkdowns, in fits of panic. I'm not about to throw CK under the bus for actually doing what I've been preaching. There was shotgun, a 5 step drop and a 7 step drop. The protection should held up better on the last two. Not about to pin that on CK. In the last one, I'm fairly certain he pump fakes to freeze the safety, so he come back and dump it off to Gore, so he has more room to get upfield. Just the pocket didn't give him time to excute his next attempt.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
It's very simple.....a checkdown is never your first option. In each of those, the pocket collapse before CK has time to even get to the checkdown. If you get to the top of your drop and then have to elude a pass-rusher, that's not on the QB. It's our hindsight to say well the checkdown is wide open....sure it is....because that's normally the last option of the play. I criticized Alex for leaving his primary reads much too early and going straight to his checkdowns, in fits of panic. I'm not about to throw CK under the bus for actually doing what I've been preaching. There was shotgun, a 5 step drop and a 7 step drop. The protection should held up better on the last two. Not about to pin that on CK. In the last one, I'm fairly certain he pump fakes to freeze the safety, so he come back and dump it off to Gore, so he has more room to get upfield. Just the pocket didn't give him time to excute his next attempt.
He is utterly OBLIVIOUS to the checkdowns.

He is staring down his first option. It wasn't a pump fake. He just really wanted to throw it but the coverage didn't slip. And that looks like a check swing on a pass attempt cause he thought better on a throw.

Gore and Crab already had room to spare. The arrow is a shadow on a defended that means he is approx 4 yards back from that spot.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick had at least three seconds on all of those throws. A QB needs to get the ball out in three seconds. I remember ESPN showed a stat that the time from the snap until Kaepernick gets rid of the ball, prior to the Dolphins game at least, was 4.7 seconds and that was the highest in the league.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
I'm sure Jacobs will come crawling back to New York if they show the slightest interest. Doesn't really make sense right now to release him. Jacobs might still be useful in short yardage situations. It's not like Wilson is a master at that. I'd rather him not be in the way on any NFC team at all. Might as well.
I dont even think that any team would have any interest in him whatsoever. Giants dont need him and neither does any other team. I just dont want this situation to become a distraction when it could just be solved by releasing him.

And him NOT be in the way? LOL. That's funny dude. In the way for what? All three carries? LOL.

Quote:
Why would the 49ers lose that game? The Cardinals are not even on the same level as St.Louis, and the team has mailed it in. Yesterday's historic blowout should say something.

Yeah I don't need some dramatic movie sequence play out for the division. I want the easiest road to the crown as possible. Which means winning the game against the Patriots.

And let's not try and judge Harbaugh's psyche please. He deserves the benefit of the doubt thus far. He and Roman are not designing plays to not work and if you think that him and his staff care what you or any other fans that don't approve of their offense, think again.

By the way, I don't know why you are keen on the 49ers losing a game. Just like you would have preferred the 49ers have lost against the first meeting against the Rams. Yeah that would really be helping us out right now.
Why would the 49ers lose and tie to the crappy Rams? Because they dont play as good as they should and dont have that killer instinct against lesser teams. Its like as if they can just show up and they'll automatically win. I hate that. They dont have that killer cut their throats out instinct and thats what this team needs.

I actually like Harbaugh but at times, I get the feeling like he thinks thats he's smarter than his opponent that he and the team can just show up and they'll win. Maybe, its just me but I got that feeling a few times this season especially in both of the Rams games.

As for the play calling, its not that he needs to please the fans but he needs to stop thinking all these stupid gimmick plays will work everytime. He runs these gimmicks UNTIL they eventually work and thats not going to work against good coached teams.

As for winning and losing, I prefer the team to win ALL three games and finish 12-3-1 but honestly, I dont see that happening because I dont think that triple option gimmick will work against the Patriots.

The tie could also hurt us because it should have been a win. And yes, I did want the team to lose instead of tie because maybe then, they wouldnt have lost to the Rams the second time and played with more urgency and determination. Instead of being 0-1-1 against the Rams, I would have much rather prefferred to be 1-1 against them. Wouldnt you rather have that too?

Rams games were two games we should have won easily and instead, both were cluster*****. The second one especially because how does Harbaugh let Roman call that stupid backwards toss play? Sorry, but Harbaugh does have an ego and thinks that everything he does will work.

I love his confidence and attitude but he needs to eliminate the stupid crap that he does or allows to happen. Thats why this team lost the games it lost. Because of that.

As for the next three games, I do think winning in NE is possible especially after NE blew out HOU last night. If NE would have lost last night, then I think that NE would be tougher coming off a loss.

Even if we win in NE, I see it as good and bad. Good that we won but bad in regards to overlooking the Seahawks (just like we did the Vikings and Rams twice) and losing in SEA. Also, the momentum of losing in SEA going against the Cardinals and the playoffs would be worse than losing to NE but winning in SEA.

What I really hope is that we win all three and that Roman/Harbaugh let Kaepernick pass like he did against the Bears and Saints. Guy has a cannon for an arm. No point in using that triple option crap when we dont need to. I would like to see more roll outs with Kaepernick though as he can still pass and run if needed.

Have to just wait and see what happens.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post

He is staring down his first option. It wasn't a pump fake. He just really wanted to throw it but the coverage didn't slip. And that looks like a check swing on a pass attempt cause he thought better on a throw.

Gore and Crab already had room to spare. The arrow is a shadow on a defended that means he is approx 4 yards back from that spot.

And I'm not really bashing Kaep, but if this is Smith he is being destroyed for not getting through his progressions fast enough, holding the ball too long, and failing on 3rd down with open receivers.

If Kaep sees this on film, and makes changes (aside from better O-Line play) the team will score more points.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I don't think SF's defense is that good. They're marginally better than Houston's and Houston's offense is significantly better than SFs.
From the Pats board. LMFAO!!!

Also, you guys should be knocking the o-line, not Kaepernick. Their performance in pass pro the past two weeks has been very poor. I'd say possibly the worst two games all season.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I dont even think that any team would have any interest in him whatsoever. Giants dont need him and neither does any other team. I just dont want this situation to become a distraction when it could just be solved by releasing him.

And him NOT be in the way? LOL. That's funny dude. In the way for what? All three carries? LOL.
How do you know that? You don't play for the Giants. You don't know what goes on behind doors. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Jacobs was brought in, assuming he's available.

How is it going to become a distraction? Why would players have a hard time focusing on their jobs because of Brandon Jacobs antics?

Yes, I'm sure you'd be laughing if he helped the Giants convert some key third downs in a game or at the goalline for a touchdown. Yes, haha, very funny.

Quote:
Why would the 49ers lose and tie to the crappy Rams? Because they dont play as good as they should and dont have that killer instinct against lesser teams. Its like as if they can just show up and they'll automatically win. I hate that. They dont have that killer cut their throats out instinct and thats what this team needs.

I actually like Harbaugh but at times, I get the feeling like he thinks thats he's smarter than his opponent that he and the team can just show up and they'll win. Maybe, its just me but I got that feeling a few times this season especially in both of the Rams games.

As for the play calling, its not that he needs to please the fans but he needs to stop thinking all these stupid gimmick plays will work everytime. He runs these gimmicks UNTIL they eventually work and thats not going to work against good coached teams.

As for winning and losing, I prefer the team to win ALL three games and finish 12-3-1 but honestly, I dont see that happening because I dont think that triple option gimmick will work against the Patriots.

The tie could also hurt us because it should have been a win. And yes, I did want the team to lose instead of tie because maybe then, they wouldnt have lost to the Rams the second time and played with more urgency and determination. Instead of being 0-1-1 against the Rams, I would have much rather prefferred to be 1-1 against them. Wouldnt you rather have that too?

Rams games were two games we should have won easily and instead, both were cluster*****. The second one especially because how does Harbaugh let Roman call that stupid backwards toss play? Sorry, but Harbaugh does have an ego and thinks that everything he does will work.

I love his confidence and attitude but he needs to eliminate the stupid crap that he does or allows to happen. Thats why this team lost the games it lost. Because of that.

As for the next three games, I do think winning in NE is possible especially after NE blew out HOU last night. If NE would have lost last night, then I think that NE would be tougher coming off a loss.

Even if we win in NE, I see it as good and bad. Good that we won but bad in regards to overlooking the Seahawks (just like we did the Vikings and Rams twice) and losing in SEA. Also, the momentum of losing in SEA going against the Cardinals and the playoffs would be worse than losing to NE but winning in SEA.

What I really hope is that we win all three and that Roman/Harbaugh let Kaepernick pass like he did against the Bears and Saints. Guy has a cannon for an arm. No point in using that triple option crap when we dont need to. I would like to see more roll outs with Kaepernick though as he can still pass and run if needed.

Have to just wait and see what happens.
You already stated earlier that you would have rather had the 49ers lose the game to the Rams, then tie. Had the 49ers lost that game, they would have a 1 game and 1/2 game lead against the Seahawks for the division, and they wouldn't have the number two seed in the NFC. Yet you would have rather had the loss than the tie, like you said after the Rams game. That tells me all I need to know about where your priorities as a fan stand. Yup, that loss really would have helped this team instead of the tie right now.

And like I said, you of all people shouldn't be judging Harbaugh's psyche as head coach. Dan, you're the same guy that said Jed York had no idea what he was doing because he was fidgeting with a water bottle at a press conference.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is pretty hilarious. The Texans defense has allowed over 350 yards in six games this season, including every one of the last four games. The 49ers have allowed over 350 yards once all season, in an OT game.

I also take offense to the Texans offense being significantly better. We have the better running game and our passing game is just as good, we just don't pass as much. I would say their offense is probably slightly better, maybe more with Kaepernick, but I don't think it is as significant as the gap between our defense and theirs

Patriots fans and Giants fans are sometimes so bad.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 12-11-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans came into the week being 4th in the league in terms of points scored. The 49ers are/were 16th. That's a big difference. New England had their number the other night, but let's not kid ourselves, the Texans offense is a lot more explosive the majority of the time. San Francisco is just middle of the pack. I will say that that the 49ers seem to play up to tough competition and defy their statistical rankings when they need to in big games against opponents that get raves regarding their offense, which is good. They did it against Green Bay and New Orleans and against New Orleans last year in the playoffs. San Francisco will not be favored against the Patriots after that ass whooping against Houston. They'll be the underdog, which is fine. They seem a lot more focused when that happens.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-11-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:

Also, you guys should be knocking the o-line, not Kaepernick. Their performance in pass pro the past two weeks has been very poor. I'd say possibly the worst two games all season.
Yes, it did seem like Cameron Wake and the other Miami defenders were getting good push up front. I hope this doesn't continue into New England.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That really stuck out to me against the Dolphins.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I thought the pass blocking was worse against the Rams than the Dolphins. Of our four non-wins, I really hate having to say that instead of just losses, I would rank the offensive line play worse in the Giants game. Dolphins > Vikings > Rams > Giants in terms of offensive line play by the 49ers in those games
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do you know that? You don't play for the Giants. You don't know what goes on behind doors. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Jacobs was brought in, assuming he's available.

How is it going to become a distraction? Why would players have a hard time focusing on their jobs because of Brandon Jacobs antics?

Yes, I'm sure you'd be laughing if he helped the Giants convert some key third downs in a game or at the goalline for a touchdown. Yes, haha, very funny.
Giants dont need Jacobs and neither does anyone else. He aint converting a damn thing. You're giving him way too much credit and for nothing. He's already been a distraction and will continue to be one until he's gone.

Quote:
You already stated earlier that you would have rather had the 49ers lose the game to the Rams, then tie. Had the 49ers lost that game, they would have a 1 game and 1/2 game lead against the Seahawks for the division, and they wouldn't have the number two seed in the NFC. Yet you would have rather had the loss than the tie, like you said after the Rams game. That tells me all I need to know about where your priorities as a fan stand. Yup, that loss really would have helped this team instead of the tie right now.

And like I said, you of all people shouldn't be judging Harbaugh's psyche as head coach. Dan, you're the same guy that said Jed York had no idea what he was doing because he was fidgeting with a water bottle at a press conference.
The loss would have helped because they wouldnt have lost the second game since they would have been pissed off and more focused and determined to win the second game.

You dont know anything about me but think that you do. Sometimes a loss wakes up the team. Thus far, that hasnt exactly happened yet with this team. As a fan, I dont want my team to just win games but I want them to crush teams. Half the time, they barely win. Not good. But think whatever you want about me. People's opinions about me have never meant anything to me and quite honestly, never will. Anyone who cares about others people's opinions have some serious problems.

Harbaugh is an egomanic who thinks he can just show up and win the game. His arrogant playcalling and some decisions prove that. You know it but dont want to admit it.

As for York, he was worried about hiring Harbaugh as im sure every owner is when hiring a head coach. He made a good decision but Harbaugh needs to adjust some stuff or this team isnt even going to get to a Super Bowl, let alone win it. I said it because thats what it looked like during the press conference. I doubt that im the only one who thought that but I am the only one who'll say it.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Giants dont need Jacobs and neither does anyone else. He aint converting a damn thing. You're giving him way too much credit and for nothing. He's already been a distraction and will continue to be one until he's gone.
You assume something before it's happened. Saying Brandon Jacobs can convert key third downs or score from the goal line isn't giving him too much credit. Stop it. How has he been a distraction? What players have come out and said that he has been a distraction? How has he distracted the team from being successful this season from his antics?

Quote:
The loss would have helped because they wouldnt have lost the second game since they would have been pissed off and more focused and determined to win the second game.

You dont know anything about me but think that you do. Sometimes a loss wakes up the team. Thus far, that hasnt exactly happened yet with this team. As a fan, I dont want my team to just win games but I want them to crush teams. Half the time, they barely win. Not good. But think whatever you want about me. People's opinions about me have never meant anything to me and quite honestly, never will. Anyone who cares about others people's opinions have some serious problems.

Harbaugh is an egomanic who thinks he can just show up and win the game. His arrogant playcalling and some decisions prove that. You know it but dont want to admit it.

As for York, he was worried about hiring Harbaugh as im sure every owner is when hiring a head coach. He made a good decision but Harbaugh needs to adjust some stuff or this team isnt even going to get to a Super Bowl, let alone win it. I said it because thats what it looked like during the press conference. I doubt that im the only one who thought that but I am the only one who'll say it.
You don't know that. You're telling me that if the 49ers won the first game that some butterfly effect would have occurred preventing the exact same set of events that happened a few weeks later? Wow, didn't know you were a psychic Dan. You keep saying this and that would have happened based on little basis for a conclusion. It makes zero sense. The fact of the reality is that now, the loss would have screwed us over. And at the time you weren't saying anything about future implications. You just mentioned that you would have rather had the loss as a "fan" because it bothered you. When in the real world everyone knows that a tie, while not desirable, is still better than a loss plain and simple. You're trying to concoct some magical set of events that would have occurred in a specific order and have huge future implications based on one game. If everyone knew at the time that had the option of the 49ers tying the game which would resulted in where we are now, or losing the game and having them not lose another game for the rest of the season, of course everyone would have taken a loss. But life doesn't work that way, which is why saying at the time that the 49ers tied with the Rams that it would have been preferable to have a loss instead of a tie is stupid.

And I don't care to know anything about you. I can only make judgments based on the information you've given me in regards to the football team. If they sound ridiculous, don't think I won't have something to say about it. So don't try to make this about you Dan. You aren't the victim here.

Yes sometimes a loss wakes up a team. And sometimes a loss makes a team go in a downward spiral. It's completely illogical to prefer a loss to a tie. Ask the players. Yes I'm sure they'd all agree that it would have been better to lose the game. Yup.

As for Harbaugh, I know he's revived this franchise. I know you didn't support his hire. I wouldn't be so bold to assume that Harbaugh can just show up and win a game. I don't think any coach would be successful with that line of reasoning. I don't know the man, but I do know he and his staff appear to know what they're doing the majority of the time and that they deserve the benefit of the doubt thus far, regardless if I personally agree with some of their decisions or not.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-11-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You could also consider the possibility that the O-Line play corresponds with a change in QB play and play-calling.

I'm not blaming Kaep. My point is that Smith was blamed, Kaep can be blamed too.

Bad O-Line play has to be remedied (heard that for years) by a QBs ability to overcome it. Simple check downs are the simplest of ways to do that.

It's a simple adjustment (at least it should be) for Kaep to make.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
John Gaunt
Rookie

John Gaunt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post

Miller has been the benefactor of Kaep checking down. Miller admitted as much while being interviewed in the locker room. I'm pretty sure it was with Mindy.
John Gaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I really do love watching the E:60 on Vernon Davis. Since the Singletary rant, Vernon has become one of my favorite 49ers
Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
You assume something before it's happened. Saying Brandon Jacobs can convert key third downs or score from the goal line isn't giving him too much credit. Stop it. How has he been a distraction? What players have come out and said that he has been a distraction? How has he distracted the team from being successful this season from his antics?
He's been a distraction by going online saying whatever he has, by being suspended and now filing a grievence. To me, thats a distraction. It hasnt hit the team yet and me personally, I would much rather eliminate potential problems before they become one. If he gets back on the team and does the same thing or causes trouble in the locker room, that will hurt the entire team so instead of even wasting the time on him when it could be used in better and productive ways, its better to release him.

As for his production, if he was any good, we wouldnt be having this conversation about him to begin with. Even if he was to go to another team, his impact would be minimal at best and thats even more than what his impact would more than likely be.

Quote:
You don't know that. You're telling me that if the 49ers won the first game that some butterfly effect would have occurred preventing the exact same set of events that happened a few weeks later? Wow, didn't know you were a psychic Dan. You keep saying this and that would have happened based on little basis for a conclusion. It makes zero sense. The fact of the reality is that now, the loss would have screwed us over. And at the time you weren't saying anything about future implications. You just mentioned that you would have rather had the loss as a "fan" because it bothered you. When in the real world everyone knows that a tie, while not desirable, is still better than a loss plain and simple. You're trying to concoct some magical set of events that would have occurred in a specific order and have huge future implications based on one game. If everyone knew at the time that had the option of the 49ers tying the game which would resulted in where we are now, or losing the game and having them not lose another game for the rest of the season, of course everyone would have taken a loss. But life doesn't work that way, which is why saying at the time that the 49ers tied with the Rams that it would have been preferable to have a loss instead of a tie is stupid.
I never said a tie is better than a loss. I said a tie is a waste plain and simple. No point in even playing the game when it ends in a tie. NFL should eliminate them because there should always be a winner and loser which is the whole point of playing games - for there to be a winner and a loser.

I said if the team would have LOST instead of having a tie that it would have been better because after a loss like that at home in OT, the team would have definitely been more pumped up than what they were two weeks ago. Thats my thinking about it. Wouldnt you be more pissed and hungry and determined to win after a loss as opposed to a tie? I would be.

Quote:
And I don't care to know anything about you. I can only make judgments based on the information you've given me in regards to the football team. If they sound ridiculous, don't think I won't have something to say about it. So don't try to make this about you Dan. You aren't the victim here.
How am I trying to make this about me or that im a victim? I never said either or have thought that whatsoever. I just want the team to be dominant like they used to be period.

Quote:
Yes sometimes a loss wakes up a team. And sometimes a loss makes a team go in a downward spiral. It's completely illogical to prefer a loss to a tie. Ask the players. Yes I'm sure they'd all agree that it would have been better to lose the game. Yup.

As for Harbaugh, I know he's revived this franchise. I know you didn't support his hire. I wouldn't be so bold to assume that Harbaugh can just show up and win a game. I don't think any coach would be successful with that line of reasoning. I don't know the man, but I do know he and his staff appear to know what they're doing the majority of the time and that they deserve the benefit of the doubt thus far, regardless if I personally agree with some of their decisions or not.
Losses make teams go downward because the team sucked before the loss. 49ers are a damn good team with a lot of talent and a loss to the Rams in SF in OT would have made them all including the coaching staff realize that even against a crappy team like the Rams, they cant just show up and expect the win to be handed to them because thats not going to happen.

I agree in regards to Harbaugh and you're right, I wanted Gruden but Harbaugh has done an excellent job thus far but can do even better if he eliminates the bullcrap play calling. Instead, he just keeps doing it over and over and against good teams, its not going to work.

I do believe that Harbaugh thinks that he can go with any play at any time and will work every time. The toss play at the end of the Rams game proves that and so do a lot of other bad plays. The reverse in the NFCCG. These stupid gimmick plays that dont work.

Harbaugh has gone with Kaepernick because of his athletic ability and that he can run AND pass but he has to let him play as a passer first and then if Kaepernick needs to, he'll run. The thing that I hate the most is that just like Smith, Harbaugh is afraid to just let the QB play. Instead, he completely restricts him and thats not going to get either or the team where it needs to get to in the long run.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Dan's original statement following the first Rams game:

Quote:
1) I HATE ties. The NFL needs to eliminate the possibility of games ending in a tie. Granted, its rare but after almost four hours and a week of preparation, training, gameplanning, etc., its not fair to either team for the game to end in a tie. Yeah, the tie is better than a loss but (get ready guys), I rather LOSE than have a TIE. I hate TIES with a passion. Its nothing more than a total and complete waste of time period. NFL needs to eliminate the time in OT and ties.
Yes, that loss would really be helping San Francisco right now more so than the tie. Not like the NFC seeding is on the line or anything. Oh yeah, and I'm positive and would be also willing to bet my life that if the 49ers lost that game they would have magically for sure won another specific game. It would be an impossibility for them not to. Because that is how things work...at least in dan77733 world.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Dan's original statement following the first Rams game:

Yes, that loss would really be helping San Francisco right now more so than the tie. Not like the NFC seeding is on the line or anything. Oh yeah, and I'm positive and would be also willing to bet my life that if the 49ers lost that game they would have magically for sure won another specific game. It would be an impossibility for them not to. Because that is how things work...at least in dan77733 world.
And if we lost that game, we would have absolutely definitely positively won against the Rams in STL, thus making our record 1-1 against them instead of 0-1-1 which by my calculations is worse than 1-1.

Teams tend to get pissed off when losing to a divisional opponent at home and still have to play them again. When they do, they tend to win more times than not because they're pissed off from losing the first game.

As for the tie helping us, I think that its going to hurt us, not help us. If GB finishes 11-5 and we finish 10-5-1, they'll get the second seed. If the Giants finish the same or the Bears, they will all have the second seed. But if we would have WON that game, two of the three tiebreakers would be in our favor so dont act like the tie is a good thing when its not. People are just trying to make it like it is when in reality, its not and if we dont get the second seed, the tie will be the reason why because it should have been a win.

And yes, I would much rather have lost that game instead of tie because I know 100% that there's no way in hell they would have lost to the Rams twice so while you may think the tie is a good thing, a loss would have been better because we would have won in STL, thus being 1-1 and correct me if im wrong but thats definitely better than being 0-1-1.

As for me thinking that we would have won 100% in STL after losing in SF, the reason behind that thinking is simple - knowing how Harbaugh is, no way we lose in STL and that crappy play doesnt get passed Harbaugh guaranteed.

Last edited by dan77733 : 12-12-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
And if we lost that game, we would have absolutely definitely positively won against the Rams in STL, thus making our record 1-1 against them instead of 0-1-1 which by my calculations is worse than 1-1.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, Dan. I don't usually jump on you like others do... but really? I stopped reading after this. Honestly.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, by Dan's rationale, we should lose to both Seattle and Arizona since we beat them once already and they are angry now.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, by Dan's rationale, we should lose to both Seattle and Arizona since we beat them once already and they are angry now.
Well glad we got that figured out now I don't need to waste my time watching those games.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Phlysac - Kaepernick has played like **** the last two weeks, but if this were Alex, you'd be defending his last performance based on completion percentage (78.3) and the fact that Moss dropped a deep TD that "would've made the stat line even more impressive."

Let's be real here. No need for the obvious hypocrisy.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote