Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I am much more concerned with beating this 9er team on a short week than anything else. It sounds like the team is mentally ready for it but the Harb brothers always do a great job against us. We got really lucky that the Texans had to be one dimensional against us last night because the first few series looked liked Foster was going to massacre us.
I think it was a combination of scoring quick points forcing them to pass more and some good defensive adjustments. Instead of playing gap discipline we saw an awful lot of penetration from both the defensive line and LBs which ruined their ZBS.

The 9ers team is pretty reminiscent of Houston, although their back 7 (particularly LB core) is a lot better than the Texans and they play more of a power man blocking scheme running the ball.

If we can get some quick points and force Kaepernick to throw from the pocket then I could see it going a similar way.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Fran's defense is on another level than Houston's. I'm so glad we have them late in the season like this. We really need to physically slug it out with a team that has more overall talent than us. If we come out with a victory or a loss the rookies and young guys who didn't contribute as much will have an idea of what playoff football is like.

Really stoked for this one. I just wish Gronk was healthy to drag Bowman and Willis around the field.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One matchup I'm particularly looking forward to is Mankins going up against Justin Smith. That's probably the key to the game right there.. Aldon Smith is great, we all know that. He gets a lot of his sacks by rushing from the same side as J. Smith because J. Smith usually draws a double team. I'm not trying to take anything away from Aldon, but he clearly benefits from playing besides Justin Smith. Normally our OTs do a good job when playing against the Aldons Smith's of the NFL because their so big and athletic. This is the game that I've been the most worried about since october or something like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
San Fran's defense is on another level than Houston's.
I don't think SF's defense is that good. They're marginally better than Houston's and Houston's offense is significantly better than SFs.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I don't think SF's defense is that good. They're marginally better than Houston's and Houston's offense is significantly better than SFs.
Oh I disagree. The 49ers' linebackers are infinitely better than Houston's. Also, Sopoaga is a pretty damn good NT, and their safeties are very active against the run. I believe that the 49er defense is a lot better than Houston.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah San Fran's defense is pretty damn special. I mean there are quality players that are the best at their position in the league like Brown, Sopoaga, Goldson, Brooks, and McDonald.

While I was obviously kidding those guys are all good football players.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Oh I disagree. The 49ers' linebackers are infinitely better than Houston's. Also, Sopoaga is a pretty damn good NT, and their safeties are very active against the run. I believe that the 49er defense is a lot better than Houston.
I think the combination of Sopoaga and Ray McDonald on the left hand side of their defensive line can be exploited if we can block the back side of the Smiths.

I don't think the 49ers have great CBs and their safeties aren't exactly elite, however I would worry if Bowman/Willis can clamp down on Hernandez/Welker then where Brady will go with the ball. Lloyd could have another nice day, however a lot fo what the Pats like to do is create mismatches by not letting the defense sub, however the 49ers don't sub much. The best hope is to wear them down with no huddle and test their conditioning

Old 12-11-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night's game was fun! lol

As for San Francisco: It's December and it's in Foxboro. I like our chances.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still worried about San Francisco.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
They are definitely a good team. I don't think we'll see a beating like last night but I won't be surprised by it if it happens, either.

Studly linebackers (which Houston is lacking atm) could certainly make a huge difference, though.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm with this guy. But I am sort of the worried fan around these parts I suppose.

And seriously I can't wait for Gronk to get back in for this offense. Easily far and away the second best TE of all time behind VD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stallworth to IR
Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SF scares me a bunch as well. And wtf Stallworth.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the TD Stallworth

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Young QBs making their first start against a BB team have not fared well historically. (In that they've never won. lol)

I do think the 49ers can beat the Pats. I just have faith that won't happen @ Foxborough in December.

Also, how bad does Armon Binns hate life right now? The Patriots put a claim in for him but the Dolphins had priority and that's where he has to go. Poor bastard.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Young QBs making their first start against a BB team have not fared well historically. (In that they've never won. lol)
Sup?

Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...riots-practice

Boom! As long as that forearm is stabilized and there isn't further risk to injury this is awesome. I mean he's no Vernon Davis, but this still helps.

Also, a pretty interesting stat in there that the Pats have scored 97 more points this year than the next closest team, despite only having a healthy Hernandez and Gronk for 1 game.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Man I would love Gronk to come back for this game, but part of me wants to be cautious. If they can get by against SF, then I would be tempted to sit him against Jax and play him sparingly against Miami. We don't want another Hernandez situation where he comes back too early, but in saying that we need him to be back full speed with no signs of rust in the playoffs. I would hate for his first action back to be in a big time game that we need to win

Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Man I would love Gronk to come back for this game, but part of me wants to be cautious. If they can get by against SF, then I would be tempted to sit him against Jax and play him sparingly against Miami. We don't want another Hernandez situation where he comes back too early, but in saying that we need him to be back full speed with no signs of rust in the playoffs. I would hate for his first action back to be in a big time game that we need to win
Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I wouldn't mind if they found a way to protect the crap out of that arm, even if it limited him from being able to catch passes. They could use him as a lead blocker or as a pure blocking TE.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Ha! Well played. I forgot that asshat broke that streak.

Still, the numbers don't lie. BB will build a gameplan that takes Gore and Davis away and we'll see if Kap, Crabs and Manningham can take advantage of it.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah I think that really should be everyones game plan, just make Kap beat you although we have been susceptible to Qbs that can run wildcat like plays in the past. Our LBs are sloooooow as ****, idk what happened to Mayo.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Ha! Well played. I forgot that asshat broke that streak.

Still, the numbers don't lie. BB will build a gameplan that takes Gore and Davis away and we'll see if Kap, Crabs and Manningham can take advantage of it.
Son of a...

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

lol. You bastards make it hard to stay optimistic!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to beat SF because SF has an important game next week (Seattle) and teams that win big on Monday nights usually parlay that into wins on Sunday. It's at home, during a time where NE is hot and tends to be the hottest team, where they just don't lose.

The 49ers offense is very beatable. As long as our secondary doesn't make Colin Kaepernick look like the successor to Steve Young that SF has always wanted, we should win.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
We're going to beat SF because SF has an important game next week (Seattle) and teams that win big on Monday nights usually parlay that into wins on Sunday. It's at home, during a time where NE is hot and tends to be the hottest team, where they just don't lose.

The 49ers offense is very beatable. As long as our secondary doesn't make Colin Kaepernick look like the successor to Steve Young that SF has always wanted, we should win.
If our secondary plays like it did on Monday then I really like our chances. Every player, even Arrington at times, looked pretty good. Talib was studly in the first half against AJ and then Dennard took up the role in the second well. McCourty played well and showed some pretty good range. Gregory broke on short passes well and was solid in tackling. If Talib is ok to play then I like our chances of keeping their passing game relatively ineffective