Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards traded Skip Schumaker to the Dodgers for some AA Shortstop. Skip is a nice utility guy who can play all three outfield positions and plays an above average defense, and he can play 2nd base (average-below average)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Cards traded Skip Schumaker to the Dodgers for some AA Shortstop. Skip is a nice utility guy who can play all three outfield positions and plays an above average defense, and he can play 2nd base (average-below average)
...and he can make shoes.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
...and he can make shoes.

I now understand why you dominate the boards in post count.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 12-12-2012 at 03:50 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reds apparently turned down Gregorious for Bauer

so their organization is as inept as ours

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Soriano could still mash. I've never bought into Dom Brown. Dude has a long swing and will get eaten up by fastballs up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Soriano isn't bad at baseball. I have a suspicion Brown will be.

Soriano for pitching please, don't need another 4th outfielder.
Meh, maybe I'm just an optimist but Dom Brown finished the season strong and showed signs of fulfilling his potential. Soriano had a better year than I realized though, for some reason I thought he hit .230 last year. With Revere, his defensive liability could be somewhat limited I suppose. Idk, I just never liked Soriano I guess.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I know understand why you dominate the boards in post count.
I know understand too.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know understand too.
Curse you grammatical error!

Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Reds apparently turned down Gregorious for Bauer

so their organization is as inept as ours
Doesn't help us RIGHT NOW.
We have been in win now mode since last offseason. Our big window is now.
We have one of the best lineups in the NL. Our rotation is solid and we have some decent enough pitching in the minors. We would just flipped Bauer for a lead off hitter anyways.

2 years ago I would be cursing the skies. But now, I want to ******* win in 2013.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the Mets continue to sit on their asses while the payroll dwindles. The nut less Selig yet does nothing to his best buddy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
And the Mets continue to sit on their asses while the payroll dwindles. The nut less Selig yet does nothing to his best buddy.
I want RA Dickey back on the Rangers where he always belonged.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want RA Dickey back on the Rangers where he always belonged.
We have no room for Olt so you'd have to give up multiple other prospects. I'm fine with trading him though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We have no room for Olt so you'd have to give up multiple other prospects. I'm fine with trading him though.
Take Martin Perez. I've given up hope. I'll throw in Rougned Odor cause I don't like his name. LOL.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dodgers use Schumaker in a platoon with Mark Ellis at 2B, that added with the fact that he can backup all the OF positions. Solid pickup in my eyes.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buster Olney just tweeted Ichiro turned down 2-year, $14 million deal with Phils to re-sign with the Yanks. RAJ apparently wants to field an all-lefty lineup.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Buster Olney just tweeted Ichiro turned down 2-year, $14 million deal with Phils to re-sign with the Yanks. RAJ apparently wants to field an all-lefty lineup.
I think the Yanks are trying to beat you to it as their entire OF is comprised of lefties and they want Ibáñez back.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Andres Torres back to the Giants on a 1 year deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Upon review of this off season I just want to throw up.

LF Jonny Gomes - The one guy I hate in baseball and they sign him.
RF Shane Victorino - 39 million for 3 years?! Really?
1B Napoli - This is a decent move. Not really that upset about this.
C Ross - Ehh take it or leave it

and now they are close to signing Dempster. Thats all we need is to overpay for an over the hill SP that struggled in the AL last season.

Shoot me in the face... Can we get Kevin Towers to take over for Cherington?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Angels are close to signing Josh Hamilton
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah just came here to post that. They're going hard after it. Trout on base always for Hamilton, Pujols, and Trumbo. Yikes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah just came here to post that. They're going hard after it. Trout on base always for Hamilton, Pujols, and Trumbo. Yikes.
To bad Blanton will implode for more runs they can produce.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hamilton follows his pal. I am not surprised.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The Angels are one tough competitor. I admire their aggressiveness. It's like they never run out of money.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

In other news, the Rangers claim Eli Whiteside off waivers from the Blue Jays...

*crickets*
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Done deal. Hamilton to Angels for 5 years. Wow
Old 12-13-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Incredible. No one saw that coming.

sig by BoneKrusher