Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What is the best matchup this fantastic week 15?
NYG at Atlanta 9 19.15%
Green Bay at Chicago 3 6.38%
Denver at Baltimore 4 8.51%
Indianapolis at Houston 1 2.13%
Pittsburgh at Dallas 1 2.13%
San Francisco at New England 27 57.45%
Detroit at Arizona 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best Game Week 15

I just wanted to see a sampling here as we have fan bases from all over.
Hopefully we don't all just pick our own game here. In fact, pick one that is NOT your game, so the best of the others....

There are 5 great matchups this week and I want to watch all 60 minutes of each!

5-STAR Game of the Week

Which one (other than your own team's game if applicable) is the one you think is the best matchup, or exciting?

Super Bowl Champion NY Giants @ NFC #1 seed Atlanta
Giants are in a battle for their division, just a game up on both the Cowboys and Redskins. Atlanta has not looked as good as their record indicated, and they lost badly last week. They need to win or else there's gonna be big problems in Hotlanta. NY has already SMACKED DOWN the other 2 NFC division leaders this year, on the road (in Green Bay and in San Fran).

Peyton Manning at Baltimore Ravens
The Broncos, I think, have won 8 straight. They are a game ahead of Baltimore and the Ravens need this game at home to catch Denver and still have a chance at the #2 seed and bye (they own the H2H on NE with the win earlier). These 2 teams will be playoff factors clearly, and it will be interesting to see how Manning does at the Ravens. He's owned them in the past 5 or 6 years.

Green Bay at Chicago
NFL's longest rivalry, a rematch of the 2010 NFC Championship game. Brandon Marshall does not like the Packers.
Oh, the Bears trail the Packers by 1 game for the NFC North lead, so a win and they're tied.
A Packers win, and the Packers clinch the division, and the Bears would drop to 8-6 and be headed out of the playoffs.

Andrew Luck at Houston
According to some, Luck is the best rookie QB of all-time. He's led the Colts to a 9-4 record, and they are just 2 games behind the Texans, with this game and a week 17 home matchup vs them yet to play. If the Colts can win their next 3 games, they will snatch the division title from Houston.

Pittsburgh at Dallas
Both teams are right on the fence for making the playoffs. As we sit now, the Cows are just out, and the Steelers the last in. But the Steelers are coming off an atrocious home loss to Norv Turner's freefalling Bolts.
Dallas claims to be America's Team. Big Ben says the Steelers are the World's Team... there will be tons of Steelers fans here and this game will have a playoff atmosphere for sure as it's do-or-die for Romo here, and potentially Big Ben.

San Francisco at New England
A potential Super Bowl preview here.
The Niners have the great Smith Brothers to harrass Tom Brady.
Brady is as hot as any QB can be.
The Niners have as good a defense as any.
NE is just a game out of the #1 seed.
SF only leads the Packers by a half-game for the NFC's final bye, and #2 seed.
Kaepernick vs Brady. Sunday Night. Randy Moss back in town.

The Vikings at Rams is also a good game IMO as both teams are close.... and I like that Rams Front 7 vs Peterson...
Tampa Bay at New Orleans is normally a great game. Saints are dead though this year, and the Bucs have faded.

Try to be honest here, let's see what the consensus is here on SWDC.com

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-13-2012 at 04:52 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ghost of Juice, nice answer..... why this one more than all the others?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Ghost of Juice, nice answer..... why this one more than all the others?
Annnnnnnnd there is why the thread was started, shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Hahahahahahah right?

Personally I like SF and NE. It will be really interesting to see what happens. I expect NE to beat the 49ers handedly though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Chiefs / Raiders option? BALDERDASH

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No Chiefs / Raiders option? BALDERDASH
I know right, the Quinn-Palmer matchup was tempting.
I though that game would be too obvious and everyone would choose it.

jvig43, classic post by you there. One of your best.

Is there anyway we can get this guy an award for that post, for it's cleverness and originality?
Trophy, medal, anything?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know right, the Quinn-Palmer matchup was tempting.
I though that game would be too obvious and everyone would choose it.

jvig43, classic post by you there. One of your best.

Is there anyway we can get this guy an award for that post, for it's cleverness and originality?
Trophy, medal, anything?
I tipped my hat.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Arizona/Detroit just cuz.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is the MNF game not an option? I can't wait to watch Sanchez vs. the Titans in primetime.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings game is obviously the best one ya idiots.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I do want to see how AP does this week. I'm pulling for him to break the record.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, me too! What a coincidence!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers vs. Cowboys could be an awesome game, with both teams on the playoff bubble.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its either Bal/Den or SF/NE. Both are between top teams, although the Baltimore game matters more for playoff seeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
What I want to know is why Seattle vs. Buffalo isn't up there, because that's my favorite team.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Denver - Baltimoar.

Cleve v wash is a solid game too.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Det vs AZ really?that won't even be close . Come on man .

But I went with Sf vs NE.This is a good because of great defense on both sides of the ball. It also will secure the 2nd seed if 49ers can pull out a win and CK has a great game. Finally,It will be a great test for Colin to see if he is really ready.Please Jim no trick plays against NE!! Or Pistol formation.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
What I want to know is why Seattle vs. Buffalo isn't up there, because that's my favorite team.
Well, if the game wasn't played in Toronto, maybe.
They can't even sell the tickets up there in Toronto for this..... great experiment eh?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, if the game wasn't played in Toronto, maybe.
They can't even sell the tickets up there in Toronto for this..... great experiment eh?
It definitely makes sense as a place to debut their grey unis. Those'll be some interesting color combinations.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
It definitely makes sense as a place to debut their grey unis. Those'll be some interesting color combinations.
Who's going gray?
Seattle again?
Wacky gray with the neon green?

GO Bills!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Based on our poll, NBC did a good Flex.... too bad for ESPN they don't have NYG-Atlanta on Monday.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just voted foe GB vs Bears, I broked da law... but really I wish I had 5 votes because they are all equally intriguing.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Pittsburgh-Dallas.

Two teams fighting for their playoff lives...

eh. Pittsburgh doesn't really need the game actually. ****. CHANGE MY VOTE CHANGE MY VOTE.

I guess NYG-ATL. Giants need the game and Atlanta is pissed.

But really none of these games will mean much in the long-run besides potentially flipping homefield in the playoffs unless Indy shocks Houston.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears/Packers rivalry just isn't special to me.

Everyone hypes it up because it's the "oldest" rivalry in the game, but just because it's the oldest doesn't mean it's the best. These 2 teams only played each other ONCE in the playoffs! In all these years, they played each other once in the playoffs.

And the Packers own the Bears. The Packers have owned the Bears for the past 20 years. The Bears have largely been a meh franchise during the SB era. They had a nice little run in the 80s, and a decent run under Lovie Smith but that's about it.

I just don't see the sizzle in this rivalry. When the Bears were good, the Packers weren't. When the Packers were good, the Bears weren't. Only recently has both teams been good at the same time.

It just doesn't have the intensity that other rivalries have.

So it's the oldest rivalry. Big deal. The only people who are even remotely interested in it are Bears and Packer fans. A great rivalry is one that the whole nation is interested in seeing.

This isn't a compelling rivalry to me at all.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in chicago and love that game just because of how much I hate packers fans. Bears fans can be really dumb and obnoxious, but that's more a drunk thing than an inherent douchebagism that is very common in the packers' faithful. So whenever the bears do get a win, I as a giants fan get to gloat at the packers misery.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote