Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wasn't even talking about Gronk playing.I was just claiming his isn't overrated because of Brady or what ever. You guys failed to read the post.
We did read the post. Your words:

Quote:
I will take the blame it must of been that said something. Gronk is scary don't overrate him he is pretty strong and run routes pretty well.Also he has great hands too and will be a force to recon with this Sunday.
You said (or tried to) that he would be a force to be reckoned with this Sunday.

How is that possible if Gronkowski has a broken forearm and isn't going to play?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 12-13-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well never mind then. Carry on.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I enjoy it. I think it's hilarious when the mob circles and gets out their pitchforks. I've done it plenty (mostly to Packer fans the past 2 years).
Did you hear about all those injuries they had?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Did you hear about all those injuries they had?
Wait the Packers have injurzzz?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It is precisely these kind of statements that has caused a large portion on these forums to actively mock 49ers' fans on a consistent basis.
I posted the Gronkowski is overrated message after Patriots fans were already saying that he's so far superior to Davis. I didnt start it. I made that one comment and thats it. The second comment that you're quoting was just posted here.

I rarely post in the NFL forum because there's no point. People there either bash you if you have a different opinion or negative rep you for not agreeing with them. Just a waste of time which I rarely if ever post there.

Also, who gives a crap if fans of other teams mock us? Seriously? Why do you even care? I dont give two craps if fans of other teams mock me for being a 49ers fan. People mock 49ers fans because they're jealous that our franchise is better and they cant accept that, period.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 AM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
It is precisely these kind of statements that has caused a large portion on these forums to actively mock 49ers' fans on a consistent basis.
How do you feel Gronkowski would do in this gimmick college offense?

He might have more TD's as he's a tall dude. But he sure as hell aint a more explosive talent than Davis, not to mention the blocking aspect.
HypocrisyIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the Pats and their elitist fanbase that frequent these forums. Their whole 'recognize our greatness' narcissism is really old and annoying. Excuse us for sticking up for our players we feel deserve a little bit of credit. Just because its your obviously biased opinion, doesn't mean I have to like it or accept it. It's exactly why I got positive repped twice by non-Niner fans when I called them out in the Aldon vs Miller thread. I'm not the only who sees it. Like I said, **** 'EM ALL! VAfy-ya has spoken. Now run tell dat...

As for the game, Sunday will be a tough, tough task. Our offense must step up to the challenge or its going to be a long day. I have faith the defense will do their part. They'll win some and they'll lose some. But they can't do it alone. Roman and Jimbaugh need to get it together and get this offense where it needs to be, ASAP. The penalties, the tempo in and out the huddle, the play-calling and game-planning, it all has to be improved and amped up a few notches. Doesn't really matter if we win or lose personally. Just don't want us to go out there and get embarrassed. We haven't been playing good ball lately. All I ever asked was for us to be playing our best ball heading into the post-season. That hasn't been the case and we only have 3 games left.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya
As for the game, Sunday will be a tough, tough task. Our offense must step up to the challenge or its going to be a long day. I have faith the defense will do their part. They'll win some and they'll lose some. But they can't do it alone. Roman and Jimbaugh need to get it together and get this offense where it needs to be, ASAP. The penalties, the tempo in and out the huddle, the play-calling and game-planning, it all has to be improved and amped up a few notches. Doesn't really matter if we win or lose personally. Just don't want us to go out there and get embarrassed. We haven't been playing good ball lately. All I ever asked was for us to be playing our best ball heading into the post-season. That hasn't been the case and we only have 3 games left.
It will definitely be a tough game Sunday night. Defensively, im just hoping they dont allow Rogers to cover Welker because Rogers sucks in the slot and he cant cover guys like Welker and its been proven over and over. Dont know who should cover Welker but I know that I dont want it to be Rogers.

Offensively, hopefully Harbaugh and Roman can get Moss involved early and often so the rest of the receivers can be open to make plays including Davis. Also hope that there's no gimmicks and stuff. I seriously hate those plays as more times than not, they backfire badly.

As for Kaepernick, I would much rather see him have his bad game against NE as opposed to SEA/ARZ and in the playoffs. Like Maiocco said on PFT today, its all about Kaepernick seeing how defenses play him and then adjust and beat them in the playoffs. It's all about him learning and adjusting in time for the playoffs which I think he will.

I do think that we can beat the Patriots but that depends not on our offense, defense and special teams but on our play calling, especially on offense. I'm more concerned about the plays being called then the players running them.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want us in the play offs don't matter how.But I just hope we can beat NE and the rest of our games. It should be fun end of the season.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to have as many SNF games in the next 2 weeks as we did since 2006 (when SNF came to NBC and became the de-facto premium matchup).

2010 vs Eagles and Week 2 of this year vs the Lions were the only SNF games we had before. Guess that's what happens when you become a top team. Looking forward to the primetime exposure because i think our team steps up in those environments.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
We're going to have as many SNF games in the next 2 weeks as we did since 2006 (when SNF came to NBC and became the de-facto premium matchup).

2010 vs Eagles and Week 2 of this year vs the Lions were the only SNF games we had before. Guess that's what happens when you become a top team. Looking forward to the primetime exposure because i think our team steps up in those environments.
They haven't lost or even had a close game yet when playing in prime time under Harbaugh.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right, but this is the top dog New England in their court in December. I will say that I'll be surprised if the 49ers lay an egg.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

You expect them to lose almost every week.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No GDT from me this week. Sorry. Hopefully next week.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pat & Bow

Old 12-17-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

People from the bay area.Do you have any shops there that order I could order online cheaper then the NFL shop place?I was curious if you knew of any in the bay area for 49er gear.I need some gear for the play offs so I can represent us here in Wis. Then probably get killed when we beat the Packers again ha.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Cheap NFL gear? Psssh, most likely a fake then.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kept waiting for that mirror on the right to get knocked off the wall.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Manningham out the rest of the year with a torn ACL and PCL. **** just gets worst and worst. Looks like his injury may carry over into next year too, as I doubt he's ready for TC. Jenkins time. I hope he's ready.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Jeez...Crabtree, Moss, Jenkins and Ginn. My God. Hopefully, Moss can explode in the playoffs. He has his chance.

Dont think that we'll sign any FA receivers but are there any out there who could at the very least be good enough to be third on the depth chart?

Also, maybe we should sign DE Ray Edwards for the rest of the season and playoffs. Need someone to replace Smith who I dont think is going to play again this season because if his injury was minor, why wouldnt Harbaugh and company just say it already?
Old 12-25-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Well crap looks like our play offs are done for . Sorry but fire power in our offense and defense are done. I was hoping for a super bowl run. Maybe we still can but I doubt it. Glad we made it two straight play off years though. We need to draft some youngings on the d line to step up .
Old 12-25-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Also, maybe we should sign DE Ray Edwards for the rest of the season and playoffs. Need someone to replace Smith
Hey Dan... They don't play the same position.

Ray Edwards is a 4-3 rush DE. Justin Smith is a 5-tech 3-4 DE.

So... maybe he shouldn't be signed for that.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Hey Dan... They don't play the same position.

Ray Edwards is a 4-3 rush DE. Justin Smith is a 5-tech 3-4 DE.

So... maybe he shouldn't be signed for that.
I know that but he cant do any worse than the backups we currently have. Maybe put him as an OLB in the 3-4 as a situational pass rusher. Whatever.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I know that but he cant do any worse than the backups we currently have. Maybe put him as an OLB in the 3-4 as a situational pass rusher. Whatever.
That's fine. I was just responding to you asking to sign Edwards to replace Smith.

If Ray Edwards is signed by the 49ers, Bahktiari will be cut. I doubt this happens because of the role on ST.