Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No, he isn't. He's a really solid groundball pitcher who has a godawful infield defense behind him. Just because the Indians wish they had a pitcher like Porcello doesn't mean you have to be a dick about him, Woot.
That's the kind of pitcher the Rangers need in their ballpark. Gimme!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Griffin ‏@RGriffinStar

If #bluejays are to include d'Arnaud and Gose for Dickey they need to have him signed for the two-year extension, plus a top #mets prospect.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1

So to repeat, Anthony Gose is NOT part of the trade talks for Dickey. #Bluejays building a package around D'Arnaud. #Mets

Everyone has conflicting reports. I am not surprised.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Richard Griffin ‏@RGriffinStar

If #bluejays are to include d'Arnaud and Gose for Dickey they need to have him signed for the two-year extension, plus a top #mets prospect.
Who are the Mets top prospects?
Old 12-15-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Nats offer 2 yr, $25M to Laroche. If he takes that, then I wonder if Morse is on the trade block.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who are the Mets top prospects?
I don't even think it will end up being a top prospect from the Mets anymore. So many people with conflicting reports. I could see Niese is there or other pieces like that. Maybe AA turns around a flips a pitcher to someone. Who knows though, everyone has a different story and while AA has made a few trades that didn't work out he has been pretty outstanding so I am keeping the faith.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mets won't be dealing Wheeler, Harvey, or Niese. Their presence is what allows us to trade RA to fill other holes in the first place.

I'm interested to see what else comes of this. If it's true Gose isn't in the deal, I think the Mets might be trying to pry Syndergaard away. I would suggest Stroman, but he'd have to be a PTBNL and is still several months away from eligibility, so I severely doubt that.

On the Mets end, I think it will probably be one of these names: Lucas Duda, Wilmer Flores, Domingo Tapia

Edit: Maybe Thole too if they want to package Dickey's personal catcher.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 12-15-2012 at 02:15 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just adding some recent things I have seen on the Dickey trade.

3:02 pm: The deal includes seven players: The Jays will receive three players and the Mets will receive four. Toronto does want a catcher in the deal, but the Mets could also get a second catcher back as well as a pitcher (Puma, NY Post).

Andy McCullough■@McCulloughSL

The Mets have also discussed Noah Syndergaard and Aaron Sanchez for this deal

Mike Puma■@NYPost_Mets

So to recap, Dickey, Thole and another player to Jays for d'Arnaud, Buck, Syndergaard and another player was on table this morning
Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Thole ?! ugh

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Blue Jays lose this deal by trading D'Arnaud.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Blue Jays lose this deal by trading D'Arnaud.
We won't get d'Arnaud tho.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

long term yeah, but I get why they are doing it. Great time for them to make a move. Division is there for the taking. Haven't been tot he playoffs in nearly 20 years, and they finally are poised for a spot

this isn't like the Royals trading Wil Myers AND Odorizzi for Shields thinkin they were 1 piece away from winning. Jays actually look like a playoff team on paper

Now, I wonder what else they are getting back. If they are really trading d'Arnaud AND Syndergaard, they'll need another really good player
Old 12-15-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Padres if only you drafted the right player in 04

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Angels have apparently been talking with Detroit about Porcello

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...s-tigers-trade

though it then goes on to say it doesn't look likely as the Halos would rather move Morales
Old 12-15-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Tigers aiding the Angels' search for starting pitching is in their best interest. Biggest threat in the AL to their 'win now' desperation.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm not sure I get how a Bourjos for Porcello swap makes sense for Detroit either. They have Austin Jackson in CF

I think Porcello would definitely improve on his numbers because the Halos have a better infield D, but I wouldn't really want him as the Halos first choice here. I'd love if they could get Garza
Old 12-15-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm not sure I get how a Bourjos for Porcello swap makes sense for Detroit either. They have Austin Jackson in CF

I think Porcello would definitely improve on his numbers because the Halos have a better infield D, but I wouldn't really want him as the Halos first choice here. I'd love if they could get Garza
Left field at Comerica Park is pretty large, so Bourjos' defensive value wouldn't totally be wasted, but they do have Andy Dirks already set to play vs. right-handers, so Bourjos doesn't help a whole lot there either. Wouldn't play much.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Looking like the Dickey trade is dead. I am kind of glad. I was iffy about D'Arnaud straight up for him but adding Syndergaard or Sanchez who both look like future aces makes the deal a fairly big loss for the Jays.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Making Bourjos play left instead of center is where you go wrong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-15-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Making Bourjos play left instead of center is where you go wrong.
Not where I go wrong. I'm just being realistic. The Tigers won't move Ajax out of center.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Exactly. The report of them talking may be accurate but there just doesn't look to be much of a fit there. It doesn't make sense for Detroit at all
Old 12-15-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Is this really how far the Yankees have fallen?

Quote:
The Yankees, sources say, are among the possibilities for Wells — the teams discussed him at the winter meetings, and Wells could fill the Yankees’ need for a right-handed hitting outfielder.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...morales-121512

it would be so damn hilarious if they could dump Wells to the Yanks
Old 12-15-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Is this really how far the Yankees have fallen?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...morales-121512

it would be so damn hilarious if they could dump Wells to the Yanks

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-15-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Wells going Yankees? Not happen.

21m each season next 2 years. Unless Angels cover 3/4 of his remainder contract, Yanks will not take a deal.

Wells has been up and down against southpaw. Not beneficial to Yanks.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Looking like the Dickey trade is dead. I am kind of glad. I was iffy about D'Arnaud straight up for him but adding Syndergaard or Sanchez who both look like future aces makes the deal a fairly big loss for the Jays.
Probably better off for Toronto to avoid him. Dickey is a much better pitcher in the NL. He was never as good in the AL in the past. I don't think that's a coincidence.