Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I don't want another DE. I hope we go another position. Maybe draft a defensive coordinator? I think whoever on defense we get the scheme will stink and expose peoples play.
With awful Osi looks in the run, and how awful Tuck looks all together... I really would not be opposed if he is truly the BPA.

JPP and Kiwanuka could probably work... for a limited time...

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP, Kiwi, Tracy and Ojomo isn't bad. But if we get a chance at a potential monster I'm all for it.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows how good Tracy and Ojomo are though?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who knows how good Tracy and Ojomo are though?
The coaching staff and JR.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. You and I are the most positive here but I can't even go that far. Who knows what they bring.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
JPP, Kiwi, Tracy and Ojomo isn't bad. But if we get a chance at a potential monster I'm all for it.

That's what I was thinking. But why don't we actually get a better scheme. We rely way too much on the front 4. It's almost like there is the front 4 and if they are not effective, we are screwed because our scheme is pathetic!

I'd rather not worry about our front 4 because of the people above, and get a better scheme. Realistically, TC won't get rid of Fewell, but we can hope someone offers him a job. I am waiting for a DC to give us a good aggressive scheme.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

DL will work it soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

The DL isn't playing great right now because the players aren't executing. Right now JPP and Joseph are our only DL I expect to play well in any given game. That's not a scheme thing.

As for Ojomo and Tracy, I don't expect much from them, but if JR and TC think they're legit I won't doubt them. If they don't think they're legit, they won't rely on them.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Khaseem Greene so bad in the 2nd round. I think with him and Williams set up as our OLBs of the future we could develop a strong group of LBs. Add in Herz or if he doesn't pan out another MIKE and I love it. My current ideal draft is below

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'm down with Ansah, not in love with him like some people in this board, but the kid has the tools to be a prime Justin Tuck, if we pick him I'll be very confident in him making good on those tools. The way JPP is making good on all of his raw talent.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

I think the Giants should target Star Lotulelei to bolster the interior of their D-Line.

IF they can't grab Star, they should try to trade up for Bjoern Werner. I like Werner more than the other DEs in this draft. He's all effort with a surprisingly high level of athleticism.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both guys will likely be far out of our pick range and Reese wouldn't trade up far enough to get them, in my opinion.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we should fall in love with 1 prospect in particular in this draft. It's pretty deep in several positions of need and we should just go after the BPA in any of those positions.

We're gonna have a lot of needs come draft day so just go BPA based on front 7 and OL players on the board.

If a G is the best guy, take him. We need a Guard. If an OT is, take him, we need an OT. A DE, DT, LB. DB. We have options.

Just take the best guy from those positions.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We certainly do have options.

the salary cap is likely to be tight so that will have an impact for sure.

I think we have around 21 players coming off contract, there are also quite a few veterans who are being overpaid, so there is going to be change in the roster next year.

We do need to take the best player available with each pick. We are lucky that there are likely be plenty of talent at the main positions we are looking for.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going by Scott's current rankings, I would expect our first three rounds could look something like:

1. DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU (DC #10 Senior)

2. OL Barrett Jones, Alabama (DC #26 Senior)

3. LB Chase Thomas, Stanford (DC #53 Senior)
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think we should fall in love with 1 prospect in particular in this draft. It's pretty deep in several positions of need and we should just go after the BPA in any of those positions.

We're gonna have a lot of needs come draft day so just go BPA based on front 7 and OL players on the board.

If a G is the best guy, take him. We need a Guard. If an OT is, take him, we need an OT. A DE, DT, LB. DB. We have options.

Just take the best guy from those positions.
Oh I agree completely. I'm a big believer in that philosophy and so is Reese. Just take the best pick that fits a relative need.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Just thinking a little outside the box...

If Manti Teo is available around 10 (as im Scott's mock), is it worth us considering trading up for him (for the right price)?

It is quite possibly he is one of the top prospects in the entire draft. He is a genuinely special talent has rare ability, much like Urlacher
I think Teo would allow us more flexibility and dramatically improve how our entire defence plays regardless of the scheme we use.

Sure we need help in other positions as well, but we can address them in later rounds.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 12-19-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Just thinking a little outside the box...

If Manti Teo is available around 10 (as im Scott's mock), is it worth us considering trading up for him (for the right price)?

It is quite possibly he is one of the top prospects in the entire draft. He has the ability, much like Urlacher did for the Bears, to allow us more flexibility and dramatically improve how our entire defence plays.

Sure we need help in other positions as well, but we can address them in later rounds.
If we were gonna do that, I wish we did it for Luke Keuchly, bc he was the sex on top of sex on top of Ray Rice's thighs.

Manti...I'm torn on him right now. I need to thoroughly scout him before I pass judgement. Part of me thinks he can be Brian Cushing, the other part of me thinks he could be a solid but not spectacular LB. Depends on his combine numbers.

But with all of our needs, I don't think we can afford to trade up this year. We have a lot of needs, this team needs to get overhauled soon, and we can't afford the luxury of going after 1 player.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Manti is a good player, but like most ND players he's getting a big boost from the Notre Dame hype machine.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Manti is a good player, but like most ND players he's getting a big boost from the Notre Dame hype machine.
Perhaps,

I looked at it from what he can do.

Just looking at it, he is probably the one player that can pretty much instantly impact and upgrade our defence.

It does depend on value but it seems like an option.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 12-19-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
But with all of our needs, I don't think we can afford to trade up this year. We have a lot of needs, this team needs to get overhauled soon, and we can't afford the luxury of going after 1 player.
In general I do agree with you.

But you could have easily made the same argument in 2004 when we traded up for Eli. I will admit I didn't like that trade, but you can't argue with the results. We have built the offense around Eli and been successful.

I guess the question is whether Teo the kind of player we can build our defence around? and how much would it cost to trade up.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
In general I do agree with you.

But you could have easily made the same argument in 2004 when we traded up for Eli. I will admit I didn't like that trade, but you can't argue with the results. We have built the offense around Eli and been successful.

I guess the question is whether Teo the kind of player we can build our defence around? and how much would it cost to trade up.
QB is really the only position you should trade the farm for. This is a linebacker we're talking about.

As much as I loved Luke last year, and boy do I love Luke, look at who was available at LB in round 2 in the same draft:

-Michael Kendricks
-Bobby Wagner
-Lavonte David

All of whom would do great for us. Of the 3 Wagner would make the most sense bc he has the size we like and he's a MIKE.

But the point remains, you can find linebackers. We just do an awful job of scouting LBs as an organization but they're out there to have.

This draft is actually pretty good at LB, no need to sell the farm for 1.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
QB is really the only position you should trade the farm for. This is a linebacker we're talking about.

As much as I loved Luke last year, and boy do I love Luke, look at who was available at LB in round 2 in the same draft:

-Michael Kendricks
-Bobby Wagner
-Lavonte David

All of whom would do great for us. Of the 3 Wagner would make the most sense bc he has the size we like and he's a MIKE.

But the point remains, you can find linebackers. We just do an awful job of scouting LBs as an organization but they're out there to have.

This draft is actually pretty good at LB, no need to sell the farm for 1.
That was my thinking previously, I just wanted to through the idea out there.

I was a big fan of Kendricks last year to be honest.

There are a lot of good LBs this year. Alot of them are undersized, but I guess that is the trend.
One player I am intrigued by as a MLB prospect for us is Chase Thomas, I suspect he may be more athletic.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Khaseem Greene in the 2nd
Logan Ryan in the 3rd
Fapping time the rest of the draft.

If Ryan comes out I'm going to be way more annoying on us taking him than I was with Sanu last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Depends on Ryan's 40 time for me. Its hard to gauge how good he really is when he didn't play elite competition in the Big East.