Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-16-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
In recent memory, the one that stands out to me was Justin Harrell. Kid had the potential to be Ndamukong Suh with his head screwed on straight, but a series of injuries (bicep, knee, ultimately back) ended his NFL career. Once you lose your back, you don't have a lot else.
Yup. I remember he could have left after his junior year and been a 2nd, maybe late 1st round draft pick. Came back and tore his biceps in the second game of the season I believe. He then played against UF with torn biceps and had a helluva game. So only played 3 games his senior year and was still drafted mid-first.

Real shame he had such bad luck.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Rookie

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
My first thought was Marcus Dupree but then i realized he didn't go to the NFL.
He made a comeback sort of and played with the Rams briefly for two years. Great talent.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Cook - qb - Bengals. Some thought he'd be an all-time great. Great rookie year for Bengals. Got hurt. Never played after 2nd year.

The Pats drafted a kid in 82 who had two great seasons. Clayton Weishuhn. Ilb who played alongside Steve Nelson. Was going to be even better. Got hurt and couldn't play again.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
That's a good one that I hadn't heard of. Selected in the first round, gains 1400+ yards from scrimmage and 12 TDs as a rookie, goes to Hawaii as part of Pro Bowl festivities, destroys knee in a rookie All-Stars flag football game, The End. Wikipedia tells me he almost had to have to lower half of his leg amputated.
Yeah, it was a bad injury. I think it was a flag football game on the beach.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson Palmer could be on this list as well. He was never the same after he shredded his knee against the Steelers.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He had a cup of coffee with the Rams in the early 90s but it didn't amount to much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
He made a comeback sort of and played with the Rams briefly for two years. Great talent.
Is it that hard to read a one and half page thread.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An interesting one could've been McGahee. He was really never the same after that injury, he was still a decent/good pro though, so i guess not really, but he could've been a special talent had he not blown out his knee. We can possibly add Marcus Lattimore to this list in a year or two.

IMO David Pollack is probably the best option here though.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
What happened to LaVar Arrington? Wasn't he a top 5 draft pick?
Yup. He played like he didnt give a **** what the down, distance or play call was he was rushing the QB no matter what. He would purposely not run the play called. Now he has a DC based radio show and is just as stupid now as he was on the field.
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curtis Enis is a guy that comes to mind.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In progress: Ryan Mathews.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Sherrod.
ph90702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
Greg Cook - qb - Bengals. Some thought he'd be an all-time great. Great rookie year for Bengals. Got hurt. Never played after 2nd year.
Cook, as his offensive coordinator, Bill Walsh, once told NFL Films, “could very well have been remembered or noted as the greatest quarterback of all time.”

Last edited by I_C_DeadPeople : 12-18-2012 at 03:16 PM.
I_C_DeadPeople is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Pollack, Andre Wadsworth.

I will add Charles Rodgers. Whether he could have lived up to his pick, that is questionable. Dude looked a legitimate star number one when health, which was never.

Even though it was on our rivals, it was nice to see Edwards come back eventually and play a couple of years with Miami.
Lil Quip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter Warrick - Case Closed.

Knee injuries, lost his speed...lost his career...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1335059532

Andy Katzenmoyer?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Several Penn State guys on the list.

Courtney Brown is maybe another example.

PSU's RBs were ran into the ground by JoePa before they got into NFL. Now NFL scouts follow this example and look at the number of carries the guy had in college.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Peter Warrick - Case Closed.

Knee injuries, lost his speed...lost his career...
I am a Bengal fan and I think PW was over rated even before he had the injuries. If anything he was very over drafted. Certainly could have been a good player though before the knee injury but never elite that is for certain.
I_C_DeadPeople is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cadillac Williams. Healthy the first month of his career, then banged up with nagging injuries for two seasons, and after he tore his patella tendon it 07, it was basically game over for him.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie

Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.

most of the guys being listed were just busts, or guys who probably wouldve been busts anyways

Peter Warrick, Courtney Brown, Ryan Mathews, Curtis Enis were just not very good

Best ones Ive seen listed are Emtman, C Palmer, Edwards, possibly Cadillac and pollack

Ki-Jana Carter should be listed, 1st overall pick blew out his knee in his 1st preseason game of his rookie year
Old 12-24-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Couch. Guy was destroyed from having an o-line full of scrubs.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrone Calico.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Charles Rogers is a great one. He had a few flashes of brilliance but his collarbones were made of glass. The pot stuff didn't help either.

Lavar Arrington is not a good choice. While he list some ability due to frequent injury, the reason he didn't live up to potential was because of what was between the ears.

And please don't turn this into a homerfest. For example, Ryan Mathews does not belong near this list when compared to so many other choices, including guys like Darren McFadden.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs4242 View Post
most of the guys being listed were just busts, or guys who probably wouldve been busts anyways

Peter Warrick, Courtney Brown, Ryan Mathews, Curtis Enis were just not very good

Best ones Ive seen listed are Emtman, C Palmer, Edwards, possibly Cadillac and pollack

Ki-Jana Carter should be listed, 1st overall pick blew out his knee in his 1st preseason game of his rookie year
Thank you for speaking the truth. Peter Warrick? Just not a good football player.

And wtf? Tyrone Calico???? We are talking about the best prospects, not end of the 2nd round picks who were fast.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 12-25-2012 at 01:13 AM.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

go and watch a youtube video of mcgahee in college. He was AP-lite before AP, beast of a runner with some nice wheels and vision, always getting yards after contact. hell his knee was destroyed, completely obliterated and he still went in the first. guy had some phenomenal talent but was never quite the same what a shame.

hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since ive been following the draft, Courtney Brown and Charles Rogers.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote