Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-09-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chris Houston, Meachem, Jarrett, Staley are available at our pick..i find it impossible to pass up on Houston. I think he is the top Cornerback in the league and could end up being as good as Ty Law was in his prime if not better.

He limited Jarret, Meachem, Bowe (((ironically all WR's I'd love for KC to draft))) to 1 TD, 14 receptions, 168 yards. And being that he is still somewhat raw, a mentor like Ty Law who is a cornerback that has great skills, excellent vision, awesome instincts, uses fhe field to his advantage, good at all different coverage schemes would allow Houston to be a top 10 Cb in two years and a top 4-5 guy in the next 3 years.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Aren't Houston's weakness his physicality?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
Aren't Houston's weakness his physicality?
I swear I heard somewhere he was one of the stronger corners in the draft
Old 04-09-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did 27 reps, 4.32 40, 46 inch vertical, just shy of 5'10, 185, 6.94 3 cone,

good article with him
http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/632697.html
I been big on this guy since the old site.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I swear I heard somewhere he was one of the stronger corners in the draft
O, I know but you can be big and strong and not physical. I've read that he doesn't shed blockers very well and he kind of just dives at guys legs instead of trying to tackle them.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Still those measurables, plus those games against Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett are stellar.
Quote:
Old 04-10-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
matts22
Rookie

matts22 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Still those measurables, plus those games against Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett are stellar.
What about when he was burned by Sidney Rice?

And what measurables? The guy is fast, but he is FAR from prototypical size...5'9 7/8" and 185 lbs...and has questionable instincts, ball skills, and toughness.

I wouldn't be mad if we draft him, but don't think he is a shutdown corner by any means.
matts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I think his intincts can get better esp. in the Cover 2 system KC has, ball skills arenn't that bad because he takes alot of risks gets alot of hands on the ball is very good..doesnt pick many off. He is ultra aggressive, STRONG and he is tougher than scouts say. He is a bit of a head hunter sometime. Takes alot of risks.

I like him. ALOT

Burnt by Sid Rice? he had a good game yes. But that one game far from over shadows his gaems v. Jarret, Bowe, Meachem
Quote:
Old 04-10-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a video interview with our new LT Damion McIntosh on the Chiefs web site it is on your right and you have to have Real Player to watch it I believe?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/

Edit: I thought I was posting this in the team discussion thread my bad.

Last edited by Splat : 04-10-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think KC will take Houston. He's too short for Herm's typical Cornerbacks. I'm thinking that his hype will push him up the board and hopefully the giants take Houston instead of Revis, if he was there, I think Herm would take him. simply based on the BPA and in terms of need despite his loath for selecting CB's in the first.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Tanard Jackson's size is the prototypical Corner in Herm's system
Quote:
Old 04-10-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, what about Aaron Ross then? I haven't heard too much about him...what do you guys' think?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I would stay away from McCauley, Bennet and Brown on Scotts top 13 list.

If we get one of those guys 1st day i'd be happy
Quote:
Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well, what about Aaron Ross then? I haven't heard too much about him...what do you guys' think?
I would love to get Ross. he's probably one of the best hitter in the draft at the CB position. He has great ball skills and is a very good returner.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott's new KC mock is

RD 1. Ted Ginn Jr
RD 2. Aaron Sears
RD 3. Fred Bennett

I have no problems with this draft thoughts?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know, im not too high on Ginn, my preference if we take a 1st rd WR would be Jarret, im not liking the 1st rd of this years draft at all, we have quite a few needs and there isnt really any outstanding talent at our pick imo, id rather trade down IF thats possible.

I REALLY like the 2nd rd pick, he could possible start right away on the o-line, dont know much about Bennett, but he seems to be a pretty good pick, let him learn a year or two behind Law and Surtian.

Overall its not TOO bad, but it wouldnt be an amazing draft.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Being a HUGE Buckeyes fan, and not too much of a fan of Ted Ginn Jr. and I haven't been keen on Ginn at all. I think he is the number 4 or 5 WR in the draft. But I have come to terms, in an open mind that Ginn would be very effective on ANY NFL Team.

He will be a SOLID return man. Maybe along the way do some CBing (he played Cb in high school and spent many practices at ohio St learning the position doing drills etc) and being a Wide out.

I'm not good at projections, but here is what I prject and how it would make TGJr effective.

40-55 receptions
20 yard KO return ave
12 punt retun average.

He is not the best route runner, he has OK hands better than scouts perceive. The fact that he will be effective just by being on the field, and him running post, flag, streaks type routes would make the defense weary of him. Not crowd the box, opening a but more underneath for Larry Johnson running the ball, tony G shorter routes, Webb and Kennison. His imapct may be more the fact teams can't let that big play happen. Throw it to ginn 6-8 times a game in those type routes will allow the chiefs establish a shorter passing game and alleviate the hits to an extent on Larry Johnson.

PLUS he is a weapon return wise. I think Hall is bye bye.

So the more i thnk of this, I woulndt MIND having TGjr
Quote:
Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

I saw on ESPN the guy ran a 4.4 40 on a janky foot. Now that tells you something. He could be a Devin HEster impersonator, which would be awesome to have, then again. I think TGJ is a guy that can develop into a stud reciver and with his Speed, we might not want to pass him up.
But you guys' are right, Protecting Brodie should be the number one priority, especially with his injury history. Joe Staley is looking like our pick more and more, but I don't think CP is a fan of drafting high pick line talent.
If that Jenkins deal goes through, I don't see us addressing DT this year at all(perhaps in the later rounds). Especially since the talent level drops off after Tank.
I'm not sure what to think about that CB, Scott says he has the tools to be an awesome CB, and that's an even easier thing to do in the Cover two(as stated before by many of you) but he doesn't look like a bad pick at all.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Due to recent actions (mainly the fact that Shields retired.) I have changed my thoughts again for the 4th last time lol.

trading down
for 2.38 and 4.105 (Ariz)
or
2.41 and 4.106 (Min)
2.43 and 4.111 (Buffalo)

Trade Trent Green to Miami for 4.108 or 3.71

giving KC

2a. Aaron Sears/Tony Ugoh
2b. Daymeion Hughes/Bennett/Wade/McCauley
3. Ikaika Alama Francis
4a. Jacoby Jones/Mike Walker/Brandon Myles
4b. Jackie Battle
5. Clifton Ryan
6. Kasey Studdard
7. Deddrick Harrington
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 04-15-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=6952

Check out the new mock see what you think
Old 04-17-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

NICE mock love it
Old 04-18-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Scott's new mock has us taking

Robert Meachem
Arron Sears
Usama Young(????) he's from Kent State I guess

I'm loving it.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

SO am I that is awesome
Old 04-18-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

I'm not so sure about that CB out of Kent State. I'm not sure if Johnny Wade out of UT is gone at our third pick but I would prefer him
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that CB out of Kent State. I'm not sure if Johnny Wade out of UT is gone at our third pick but I would prefer him
He is and he will be come draft day.