Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red zone chance 2

0/2
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We ******* suck today! What the hell, coming in and showing up flat like this in a big matchup. Piss poor defense, and horrible offense. Failing three times on fourth and 1 or 2. Lame ass game.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tuck needs to go. Kiwi to full time DE. Draft all OL/DT. boom. do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that was god awful. I know we have no DBs but Im not encouraged by this at all. Washington will be tied with us in the division. That's awful. The Ravens and Eagles are terrible but I could easily see us losing those games.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Hosley is no better than a cone defending out there. He's not ready to be a major contributor for us. We better get Amukamara and Phillips back fast. Or we're done.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Okay, that's it. If you can later on, watch the running play that starts with 4:00 left in the fourth quarter. Watch Justin Tuck. He's not only completely done, he gives no effort any more. Bench him, strip him of his captains badge, and cut him in the offseason. He's been atrocious all season long, and he mopes around like a ****.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hopeful we can turn it around, though I am not confident we can.

This team has lacked the edge for much of the season. I don't know why that is as this team is built on the core from last year. Injuries are not an excuse, every team has the same issues to deal with.

I do think we will see a bit of an overhaul of the roster this offseason.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both sides of the ball were terrible! God I hate our defense SO MUCH! Perry Fewell is SO bad! That run and super bowl win saved his damn job. So far his scheme is god awful.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't blame Fewell for the DL getting pushed around, missing its best players and no one on the team knowing how to tackle.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

His scheme is terrible. BBD and I never have been fans of this system. We got on a roll and won a super bow, but even then, has anyone loved our system? I never was a fan of his hire from a defensive philosophy standpoint.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was just a good old fashioned ass whooping. We can sit here and discuss what went wrong, but the truth is, everything went wrong. That was just an awful game.

And I can't agree more on Tuck. Not only is the lack of quality there, but what's most troublesome is the effort. The guy just doesn't give a **** anymore.

He's done, and I want him off the team. Bench him, and cut him after the season is over.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That was just a good old fashioned ass whooping. We can sit here and discuss what went wrong, but the truth is, everything went wrong. That was just an awful game.

And I can't agree more on Tuck. Not only is the lack of quality there, but what's most troublesome is the effort. The guy just doesn't give a **** anymore.

He's done, and I want him off the team. Bench him, and cut him after the season is over.
He won't go anywhere. He will back and starting.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He won't go anywhere. He will back and starting.
He will. But he shouldn't.

And another problem is constantly moving JPP around. Go back and track JPP's snaps all season long. You'll see he's hands down the most productive as a RE. But to accomodate Osi and Tuck we move JPP around. He needs to stay at RE all game long and the other pieces need to move around. Not him.

But this game was more than just that. This was a complete team effort, or lack of.

Eli was off, WRs weren't finishing routes, defense didn't show up, turnovers, no conversions, it was a total team let down.

Tuck's attitude, lack of effort, poor performance, and body language just happen to exemplify what went wrong today. He's the symbol of our problems.

And I've had enough of him. I want him gone. I know it won't happen, but he needs to go.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I'm telling you, go back and watch the aforementioned play. It's ******* atrocious. He first gets washed five yards backwards by a blocker, gets let go, finds out that Snelling is right next to him, tries to lead with his shoulder and tackle like a ******* DB, and then makes the sorriest attempt at wrapping up ever, before getting dragged by Snelling for five yards and a big gain. It was the worst single play I've ever seen by a Giants defensive lineman.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I'm telling you, go back and watch the aforementioned play. It's ******* atrocious. He first gets washed five yards backwards by a blocker, gets let go, finds out that Snelling is right next to him, tries to lead with his shoulder and tackle like a ******* DB, and then makes the sorriest attempt at wrapping up ever, before getting dragged by Snelling for five yards and a big gain. It was the worst single play I've ever seen by a Giants defensive lineman.
He doesn't care. Tuck only plays half his snaps with effort anymore, and he plays maybe 3 games a season like he gives a ****. He'll play with effort in the playoffs, and he'll play with effort in must win games or big regular season games, but that's it. He doesn't care otherwise.

He embodies everything wrong with our team when it comes to effort. Want to know why we don't give effort every week? Look no further than our pathetic defensive captain. He's the ring leader of not giving a **** unless he absolutely has to.

I'm done with him. I love him for all his contributions to this team over the years, but he's washed up, and unfortunately doesn't care either. He's done. Let's just move on, throw him a nice press conference, and just move on. He's done.

And I don't want him back. Tired of his routine. It's been 4 years of the same **** now. I've seen enough of it.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a question to pose.

Do you think our problems this year are primarily coaching based, system based or talent based?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

All 3. We have seen all of those things this year. I do think we have talent, but our defensive system relies on the pass rush too much. We are not an aggressive system which will send exotic blitz packages and try to win that way. We rush 4 drop the rest and expect our front 4 to cause pressure allowing the dropped coverage guys to make a play.

I feel like that was Tim lewis's system except Lewis ran the hybrid as well from what I remember.

All 3 have been an issue.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's a group effort. Injuries to the secondary make Fewell less aggressive leaving more pressure on our DL to step up which it hasn't been able to often this year because Tuck doesn't care most of the time. Add to this that no one can tackle and our defensive issues have been a true group effort.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was no fun. We are the weirdest team ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I'm nervous.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
All 3. We have seen all of those things this year. I do think we have talent, but our defensive system relies on the pass rush too much. We are not an aggressive system which will send exotic blitz packages and try to win that way. We rush 4 drop the rest and expect our front 4 to cause pressure allowing the dropped coverage guys to make a play.

I feel like that was Tim lewis's system except Lewis ran the hybrid as well from what I remember.

All 3 have been an issue.
Good points, and this has been my general feeling as well.

Going into this season, I was very confident with our talent but clearly they just aren't good enough. I don't buy the injury excuse, all NFL teams have the same factors to deal with.

I expected more from the talent we do have. Take the Dline for example, considering the talent, they should have performed better. That comes back to coaching to a large degree.

I don't think our scheme has been aggessive enough, I would like to see a little more pressure.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well now we have to win both games, and hope that chicago, dallas, and the redskins lose

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
well now we have to win both games, and hope that chicago, dallas, and the redskins lose
We are guaranteed a playoff spot with two wins. Hopefully they get their heads out of their asses and play with emotion this upcoming game. The Ravens doesn't look all that scary. But if we play like today, the ******* Chiefs would have beat us, so the Ravens will rape us as well if we don't get our **** together.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If we go 1-1 what's it look like?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If we go 1-1 what's it look like?
Not pretty. Best shot is win both, Saints beat Dallas, Dallas beats the Redskins.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote