Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-16-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
BP, BA and Minor League Ball have Syndergaard as the Jays 2nd best prospect behind only d'Arnaud for this season. He's ranked ahead of Aaron Sanchez
Third actually from Baseball America: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...3/2614294.html
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Third actually from Baseball America: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...3/2614294.html
You're the worst fantasy baseball player ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BP, BA and Minor League Ball have Syndergaard as the Jays 2nd best prospect behind only d'Arnaud for this season. He's ranked ahead of Aaron Sanchez
I guess I was looking at an old list. Syndergaard is a great prospect no doubt. I like Sanchez a tad more as I think he has the better chance to be an ace in the majors.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You're the worst fantasy baseball player ever.
You sure about that?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should know that Marisnick is a Marlins.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Didn't they trade Marisnick to the Marlins in that big deal for Reyes/Buehrle/Josh Johnson?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Didn't they trade Marisnick to the Marlins in that big deal for Reyes/Buehrle/Josh Johnson?
The list was published right before the trade, I presume:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...rospects/2013/
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
A high upside power hitter is certainly a need. Jays have a ton of speed in the system but not much as far as power hitters go, especially in the IF.

Jays have a number of catchers in the system but D'Arnaud is heading your way. Also have a number of nice OF prospects. Jacob Anderson has a ton of upside and looks the part physically but had a terrible 2012 season. Kevin Pillar surprised everyone with his bat, having a great season, but is already 23. Both Chris Hawkins and Marcus Knecht have looked good and could end up as regulars in the bigs. There are a number of other recently drafted high upside OFs that I just don't see the Jays parting with.
If Jays are deep in OF prospects, then I'm almost certain it's one of them.

Mets' system is very weak there. Nimmo is talented, but he hasn't even played in full season ball yet.

I'm not sure who the Mets are giving up. If it's out of position of strong depth, then it'll be a pitcher. Maybe Rafael Montero, a pitcher with very good command and decent stuff. Michael Fulmer and Domingo Tapia are 2 pitching prospects with very high upside.

I guess it might be Wilmer Flores. He is blocked by Wright and Davis.

Last edited by MaxV : 12-16-2012 at 09:45 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

Mets' system is very weak there. Nimmo is talented, but he hasn't even played in full season ball yet.

I'm not sure who the Mets are giving up. If it's out of position of strong depth, then it'll be a pitcher. Maybe Rafael Montero, a pitcher with very good command and decent stuff. Michael Fulmer and Domingo Tapia are 2 pitching prospects with very high upside.

I wouldn't say deep at OF but certainly deeper than at IF.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox sign Stephen Drew to a 1 year $9.5 million contract.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...phen-drew.html
Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Under the radar move but the Phillies signed John Lannan!

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...s_phi&c_id=phi

I like that move as a fifth starter except that now the Phils have three lefties in the rotation. Must be RAJ weakness, lefties everywhere.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

Wilmer is/was my guess as well.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dickey signs extension with Jays. 2 years $25 million.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Dickey signs extension with Jays. 2 years $25 million.
I said it before, I should stop listening to rumours. Tough losing two top prospects but the Jays now have a scary team. Easily one of the best lineups in baseball.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said it before, I should stop listening to rumours. Tough losing two top prospects but the Jays now have a scary team. Easily one of the best lineups in baseball.
They have a pretty easy route though the AL East with the Yanks and Sox being down.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I kind of like the action the Jays did this year. Some gambles but it could work. Will Melky continue to produce without enhancement? Will Josh Johnson leave in FA at the end of the year? Will Dickey put them over the top in the AL East? Or should they have kept their prospects?

I'm sure they did other things, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
They have a pretty easy route though the AL East with the Yanks and Sox being down.
I wouldn't say easy. Not so scared of the Sox but the Yankees are always competitive as are the Rays.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wouldn't say easy. Not so scared of the Sox but the Yankees are always competitive as are the Rays.
Yankees are set to be hurting to some extent. While they would be competitive they are no where near the juggernaut they usually are.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I kind of like the action the Jays did this year. Some gambles but it could work. Will Melky continue to produce without enhancement? Will Josh Johnson leave in FA at the end of the year? Will Dickey put them over the top in the AL East? Or should they have kept their prospects?

I'm sure they did other things, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Lineup is pretty studly across the board. Romero was the ace last year, he is now the number 5 pitcher. DH is a possibly question mark and some people say 2b is too but I like the combo of Izturis and Bonifacio.

I really do hope Johnson is locked up but I guess the idea is that if he leaves a comp pick comes back in return. Melky was signed to a steal of a contract and Dicky just won the Cy Young and I am guessing will be slotted in behind Johnson which speaks volumes about the talent of the team.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lineup is pretty studly across the board. Romero was the ace last year, he is now the number 5 pitcher. DH is a possibly question mark and some people say 2b is too but I like the combo of Izturis and Bonifacio.

I really do hope Johnson is locked up but I guess the idea is that if he leaves a comp pick comes back in return. Melky was signed to a steal of a contract and Dicky just won the Cy Young and I am guessing will be slotted in behind Johnson which speaks volumes about the talent of the team.
Expectations will be higher than ever. Wish you guys luck. I don't like seeing the Yankees and Red Sox dominate that division.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Looks pretty stacked.

1. R.A. Dickey
2. Josh Johnson
3. Brandon Morrow
4. Mark Buehrle
5. Ricky Romero

SS Jose Reyes
LF Melky Cabrera
RF Jose Bautista
1B-DH Edwin Encarnacion
DH-1B Adam Lind
3B Brett Lawrie
CF Colby Rasmus
C J.P. Arencibia
2B Emilio Bonifacio or Maicer Izturis
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yankees are set to be hurting to some extent. While they would be competitive they are no where near the juggernaut they usually are.
No fear of the O's???

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if I can agree with calling Mike Nickeas a "non elite" prospect. He's pretty studly.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

And by studly I mean ******* awful at baseball.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wuilmer Becerra and Mike Nickeas.

Wow, I can't say I would have predicted that.

Jays will spend two roster spots on Dickey's personal catchers?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote