Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs have 5 first round picks invested into their front 7. They also have Eric Berry too. So basically 5 of their starting 11 (basically half) are top 15 draft picks. And that's with great players like Flowers and Houston.

It's QB or bust for KC. And I don't understand the Geno hate? I would easily take him over high drafted QB's such as: Alex Smith, Mark Sanchez, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Tannehill, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell and Sam Bradford (yes I said it. Always thought his talent at OU made him look better.)

Geno is an extremely mature and talented QB. His accuracy is very good, his pocket presence is very impressive and he's extremely smart, he's a really hard worker a he rarely turns the ball over. Oh and he also played in 2 different systems at WVU and did very well in each.

The kid is more than worth taking a shot at at #1.

The QB position is evolving and QB's are more athletic and successful (I think coaching in HS and college plays a big role in this). RG3, Luck, Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
You can always move up from 33 into the latter part of the 1st round to get your qb. If your scouting department has Tyler Wilson the top qb. But, the 25th best player. You just give up your third and a pick next year. Have your cake. The best player in the draft. You get to eat it. And you get your qb.
If Wilson is that good, why is he lasting till the latter part of the first round? You must not think he's that great of a QB prospect if you're desperate for a QB, yet willing to take a chance on waiting to get him late in the first round.

Getting the mythical "best player in the Draft" is not gonna do much good without a QB.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or you can trade your first rounder for Kirk Cousins :)

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Really? I thought Dion Jordan going that early was one of the more interesting picks.

As for the Jets and a QB, I would be absolutely shocked. They have so much time and money invested in Sanchez that he is going to get another chance unless they bring in a whole new regime. And if Rex Ryan / Mike Tannenbaum do stay there is no way they are going to start over at the games most important position with their jobs on the line.

Now with that said I think Sanchez is a bust and I can't believe he's gotten this long.
As a Jets fan, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Jets went QB. They've been playing for him not to lose games his whole career, but it's gotten even more obvious the last few games. Only reason they've been winning recently is the defense has played well enough to allow them to run all game so he can't hurt them. The owner could easily make that call, he's pretty clearly had his hands in a lot of personnel moves over the last few years and it's obvious that they want to sell tickets and the best way to do that will be a new QB. Tebow didn't do it. Maybe they go Vick, but I think the draft is the most obvious bet. Of course, this is all dependent on there being a franchise type QB available in the mid-first round where it looks like they'll be finishing.

Also you mention they probably won't go QB if both Tannenbaum and Ryan return. If the Jets don't make the playoffs this year (which looks likely), I think somebody's going to have to get the axe for the lack of success they've had. And I think it's clearly got to be Tannenbaum. Terrible personnel management over the last few years, blatantly ignoring holes at various positions for multiple seasons, putting together teams with no depth...I'd be surprised if he comes back. And I think that opens the door to potentially go QB. I think it's far from a lock, but I think it's a definite possibility.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott,

Just some feedback: I really like the Titans' pick of DE Demontre Moore in this latest mock. As you've rightly pointed out, we haven't been able to generate a consistent pass-rush in a couple years, which has had negative consequences on the entire defense. Fortunately, this looks like a DL top-heavy draft, so the Titans will likely be able to grab one of these pass-rushers (e.g. Moore, Bjoern, Jarvis, Star, Montgomery, etc.) with their first pick, depending on the directions that other teams take.

And you're also right to note that we need OL help badly -- especially in the interior-OL, where we're pretty bad at getting any sort of run-blocking push. That said, Munchak & Matthews have openly advocated a position in which they are unlikely to take an OL in the 1st Round. I'm really hoping that an OL like Jonathan Cooper, Barrett Jones, Khaled Holmes, or Larry Warford falls to us in the 2nd-3rd Round area.

Lastly, while some Titans' fans/officials seem tired of Britt's inconsistency, his inability to stay healthy, and his off-the-field issues, I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that we draft WR in the 1st Round -- especially in this draft, which isn't very top-heavy in terms of WR talent. [Plus, we just invested a 1st Round pick in Kendall Wright last season, and he's been playing well for a rookie.] A more likely "darkhorse pick" would be at CB or S. At CB, McCourty and Verner are solid but they're not world-beaters; and our safety core (Griffin, Babineaux, Johnson, Aflava, etc.) is truly terrible. It'll be interesting to see if there's a safety prospect who rises to top-10 in the combines (maybe Eric Reid?) or a CB who they try to shift to safety (maybe Dee Milliner, who plays way bigger than he actually is?).

Overall, good mock-pick for the Titans.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

I have no problem with tha Panthers pick, but i doubt they will be picking in the top 5. I would also love to get a WR in the top of the 2nd round because Cam needs more weapons asap. Smitty is getting up there in age and bringing in a young threat will only prolong his career. he would also do work in 3 WR sets in the slot if another threat was outside.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
G8R B8
Rookie

G8R B8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As much as Vaccaro is what Dallas needs, it's not going to happen.

Dallas has locked up Sensabaugh and Barry Church until 2016. Church is going to get first crack at the starting Strong safety job. Throw in Matt Johnson from last year's draft, I think on paper they are set at Safety.

Can they use a ballhawk? Absolutely. But other pressing needs.

Give me Eric Fisher to shore up the OL or John Jenkins there.

If Dallas landed Jenkins, their front 7 would be fierce.

Hatcher-Jenkins-Lissemore/Crawford
Spencer-Lee-Carter-Ware
G8R B8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I gave Werner a slight edge over Moore because he's more polished and well-rounded.
I'll buy that.

Moore's scheme diversity has me thinking the rumors are true that Oakland has been hard eyeing him for a little while now. Supposedly, Reggie McKenzie wants us running a 3-4 since that's what he's accustomed to scouting for, and Moore would be an ideal fit.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's more a case of Lewan has proven he can play left tackle and Matthews hasn't.

That's why I've said it might be wise for Matthews to go back to Texas A&M for one more year. If he takes over for Joeckel at left tackle and proves that he can protect the blindside against elite SEC competition he could very well be a Top 3-5 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.
Very true. But, coming out this year, he'll still become a millionaire. Is it wise to risk everything for the sake of making more millions? If I'm at the craps table, I kinda think I'd take my winnings and bail rather than going all in and risk crapping out.

Then again, I'm someone who wouldn't know what to do with one million, let alone the ridiculous money Matthews is bound to get in '13 or '14.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
You can always move up from 33 into the latter part of the 1st round to get your qb. If your scouting department has Tyler Wilson the top qb. But, the 25th best player. You just give up your third and a pick next year. Have your cake. The best player in the draft. You get to eat it. And you get your qb.
Like I've said previously, two things people don't get:

1) It isn't as easy as you're making it out to be to move up in the first round. It just isn't.

2) You better be DAMN SURE the guy you like is going to be there. All it takes is one team moving up unexpectedly and you're out your franchise QB.

No thanks. Pick one as soon as you can and don't gamble on it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked the mock Scott. With all of the pass rushers down to Ansah being taken I can definitely see the Colts hitting Oline even with Warmack gone.

What I don't understand is why you think the Colts need ILB's. You had us drafting Teo earlier this year in a mock (I can understand because he is such an incredible talent regardless of need) and now in your explanation you say that the Colts could stand to upgrade ILB. ILB essentially is the only position on defense the Colts look good at. I think Angerer and Freeman are starters while Conner and Fokou could also start on the inside, but provide some great depth. Just curious as to what you are seeing.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 12-17-2012 at 10:36 PM.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Bills going DE, LB or QB with their 1st pick. Though I don't see it being Te'O. Think CJ Mosley.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Like I've said previously, two things people don't get:

1) It isn't as easy as you're making it out to be to move up in the first round. It just isn't.

2) You better be DAMN SURE the guy you like is going to be there. All it takes is one team moving up unexpectedly and you're out your franchise QB.

No thanks. Pick one as soon as you can and don't gamble on it.
I'm not a fan of trading down (or playing other draft-day games) to get your QB. If you like a guy enough to take him at #25, you should like him enough to take him at #1. If Tyler Wilson is your guy, and you're convinced that he's your franchise QB, you draft him. Your draft slot doesn't even matter. Take your guy and bet your future on him.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Chiefs have 5 first round picks invested into their front 7. They also have Eric Berry too. So basically 5 of their starting 11 (basically half) are top 15 draft picks. And that's with great players like Flowers and Houston.

It's QB or bust for KC. And I don't understand the Geno hate? I would easily take him over high drafted QB's such as: Alex Smith, Mark Sanchez, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Tannehill, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell and Sam Bradford (yes I said it. Always thought his talent at OU made him look better.)

Geno is an extremely mature and talented QB. His accuracy is very good, his pocket presence is very impressive and he's extremely smart, he's a really hard worker a he rarely turns the ball over. Oh and he also played in 2 different systems at WVU and did very well in each.

The kid is more than worth taking a shot at at #1.

The QB position is evolving and QB's are more athletic and successful (I think coaching in HS and college plays a big role in this). RG3, Luck, Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick.
Smith is nothing like any of those guys athletically. He plays in a spread offense making easy quick reads and safe passes. He didn't play well against elite competition.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm not a fan of trading down (or playing other draft-day games) to get your QB. If you like a guy enough to take him at #25, you should like him enough to take him at #1. If Tyler Wilson is your guy, and you're convinced that he's your franchise QB, you draft him. Your draft slot doesn't even matter. Take your guy and bet your future on him.
I completely agree. To me, there is no such thing as value when it comes to QB. It's the most important position on the field, and if you identify a guy as the one you want to lead your franchise for the next decade, you take him. It doesn't matter if people think you're "reaching" for him. It doesn't matter if he isn't worthy of top 5 or top 10 or hell, first round consideration. If he's the guy you want and truly believe in, you take him. Period.

There is no position on the field that will impact this team more than QB.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way Amerson is a first rounder. His stock fell dramatically this season due to his mediocre performance.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. Patterson from Tennessee will be a first round pick. Perfect fit for Seattle.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
No way Amerson is a first rounder. His stock fell dramatically this season due to his mediocre performance.
I think Amerson could be in the first round conversation as a free safety. If I'm Green Bay picking at 26 (in this mock), Amerson would be in the conversation (as well as Reid) since the one glaring hole in their secondary is a FS.

As a CB? Amerson does not deserve first round consideration.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way KC can pass on a QB is if they sign Flacco or something. It's not like the rest of the team is perfect, but they can't even begin to address the other needs until a QB is in place. How can you? The team will be bad regardless until a legit NFL talent is under center.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Amerson really that bad at CB, or are people stuck on a couple of bad games? Kind of reminds me of everyone being down on Mike Pouncey because they saw him have some bad games after switching to center and couldn't get over those memories.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Smith is nothing like any of those guys athletically. He plays in a spread offense making easy quick reads and safe passes. He didn't play well against elite competition.
12 TD's, 5 INT's 60% completion percentage and about 300 yards passing average against the 4 top 50 defenses he faced this year.

I'd say that's pretty good numbers.

His coach is holding him back. The guy is money downfield. His accuracy and arm strength are extremely impressive and he flat out dominated some of the best talent in the country with that skill set. It's a shame that Holgerson made him throw quick reads and safe passes so often.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

Last edited by KCStud : 12-17-2012 at 11:53 PM.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jaguars needs write up is spot on. I am not sure that Jones is the pick, his medical issues represent a huge risk for the #2 overall, but getting a pass rusher is likely the top priority.

Odds are Jacksonville will have a new GM and possibly head coach so there is little to base a projected pick on at this point beyond need.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

The Chiefs need to decide before free agency opens if there's a QB they like in the 2012 Draft. If not, they need to have the best veteran they can get long before the Draft starts. They should not hesitate to go to great lengths to get an Alex Smith, Cousins or whoever.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chief get Alex Smith what ?? Just kidding it would be a big upgrade for who you got now lol.

Why a DL for 49ers though.I know it is for depth but we seriously need help in CB and some safety help would be great. But if its BPA then a solid pick.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Lewan, but i'm not completely sold on him as a top 10 pick. Sure is a good fit with us. He's a guy who can start right away at RT, and kick over to LT if needed. Good insurance policy. He's a good fit, but think we can get a better talent with a top 10 pick.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote