Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't agree about DL, we need interior OL and a pass rusher at OLB to replace Freeney. Warmack, if we can get him, or one of the many DE/OLB options. Hopefully Larry Warford in the 3rd, though I doubt he'll still be around by then. I am certain we will throw money at some OL free agents. Hopefully we can lure away one of the top OTs for an affordable price. But we need 3 new starters on the OL. 2, at the very least. Reitz might be OK with better players around him but gets hurt too often.

I would not mind drafting a new OC. I hate Arians' offense so much. Why did we draft 2 TEs early? We don't use them.
Unless we cut Jerry Hughes i imagine they will see what he has as a starter. As for DL what do we have there? Chapman hasn't played, the rest of our guys have been injured routinely. I would rather infuse some talent on the D-Line. If we could lure one of the free agent offensive lineman that would be incredible for us.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Unless we cut Jerry Hughes i imagine they will see what he has as a starter. As for DL what do we have there? Chapman hasn't played, the rest of our guys have been injured routinely. I would rather infuse some talent on the D-Line. If we could lure one of the free agent offensive lineman that would be incredible for us.
The best 3-4 defenses have top DEs, not NTs. NT is important but it doesn't need a superstar. Between Mookie, Tevaseu, Chapman, and McKinney I think we are fine. I'd love to upgrade Moala but who in this draft or this free agent class is going to do it?

Well OK, I actually would like to bring in Randy Starks. He'd be a good signing. But beyond him, I don't see anybody worth spending big money or a high pick on.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Among those that could be there when we pick, I like Sheldon Richardson as a 3-4 DE.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Richardson is the best player available when we pick I'll be disappointed.

edit: wait, I was thinking of Shariff Floyd. Richardson is a good prospect from what little I know of him.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 12-17-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Richardson is the best player available when we pick I'll be disappointed.

edit: wait, I was thinking of Shariff Floyd. Richardson is a good prospect from what little I know of him.
Well I'm gonna go watch some tape. He is a 5 tech prospect though?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think it would be good to discuss Scott's recent mock draft. He has us taking Jonathan Cooper OG at pick 25. His analysis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
At this time a year ago the Colts appeared to be in for a long rebuilding project but that process has been accelerated thanks to the addition of a truly elite quarterback. Andrew Luck has been everything Indy could have hoped for and more but there is still plenty of work to be done on both sides of the ball before the Colts are consistently legitimate contenders again. Indianapolis went heavy on offense in last year’s draft so odds are they will be looking defense early this time around but they could use an upgrade at offensive guard and North Carolina’s Jonathan Cooper may be too good to pass up. Cooper isn’t going to physically manhandle opponents but he is super athletic with excellent mobility and carries a consensus first round grade which is not that far off from Alabama’s Chance Warmack. This may not address Indy’s greatest need but the organization can’t go wrong protecting their franchise signal caller. If the Colts do go in another direction it will probably be a defensive lineman for their odd front since they don’t currently have any difference makers up front, although it certainly wouldn’t hurt to add a stud inside linebacker either.
I was okay with the pick considering who was available, but his analysis seemed a little odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang
I really liked the mock Scott. With all of the pass rushers down to Ansah being taken I can definitely see the Colts hitting Oline even with Warmack gone.

What I don't understand is why you think the Colts need ILB's. You had us drafting Teo earlier this year in a mock (I can understand because he is such an incredible talent regardless of need) and now in your explanation you say that the Colts could stand to upgrade ILB. ILB essentially is the only position on defense the Colts look good at. I think Angerer and Freeman are starters while Conner and Fokou could also start on the inside, but provide some great depth. Just curious as to what you are seeing.
And kilxswitch commented...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch
I can't agree with the Colts pick. First, I think Warmack is the only guard worth a 1st rounder in this class. Second, the Colts need a rush OLB more than anything else to replace Dwight Freeney. All my preferences (including Ansah) are already taken but I would still go for Alex Okafor since we have no 2nd rounder. I wouldn't take the chance hoping for someone to drop to the 3rd. I would also go w/Eric Reid before any guard not named Warmack, we've lacked a quality safety to pair with Antoine Bethea for years.

Also, you mentioned adding an ILB but that is the strongest position on the defense. Jarrell Freeman, Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner, and Moise Fokou have all had solid-or-better seasons, with Freeman being the biggest and best surprise. We don't need ILBs.

On the defensive line we are set at NT, our current guys got a year of experience and neither were supposed to be starters. We'll get back our planned starter (Brandon McKinney) and potential future starter (Josh Chapman) in the offseason. At DE we have defensive captain Cory Redding. An upgrade at the other DE position would be welcome but Fili Moala was finally showing growth and was asserting his will against blockers his final 2 or 3 games when he was injured and sent to IR. I'm not sure there are any prospects that can beat out our current starters still left on the board at this point in the draft, and this team is too needy in other areas to bother with depth players, no matter the value.
I would like to get some other takes on this mock. It was interesting that all the pass rushers down to Ansah were gone. There really wasn't much at all. I hope this doesn't happen on draft day.

EDIT: Sorry guys, wrong thread. I meant to post this in Colts Big Board Draft 2013.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 12-18-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Gosh RCA you can't do anything right!

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am getting a little nervous about how recent mocks are going. I hate seeing all the good pass rushers going in the top 20. It sucks that this QB class is so horrible. In Scott's mock I would definitely still take Alex Okafor or Eric Reid (and maybe even Barrett Jones) over Cooper. I just don't trust Cooper. I keep reading about how nice of a guy he is, how he's not very strong but is a good technician and athlete. Sounds like a recipe for NFL disappointment, especially if he's picked in the 1st. I want my guards to be big strong and irritable.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-18-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The best 3-4 defenses have top DEs, not NTs. NT is important but it doesn't need a superstar. Between Mookie, Tevaseu, Chapman, and McKinney I think we are fine. I'd love to upgrade Moala but who in this draft or this free agent class is going to do it?

Well OK, I actually would like to bring in Randy Starks. He'd be a good signing. But beyond him, I don't see anybody worth spending big money or a high pick on.
Chapman has done what? Mckinney has been hurt. Don't have a lot of faith in the group.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Chapman has done what? Mckinney has been hurt. Don't have a lot of faith in the group.
I'm not saying they've done anything. But to me adding those two is already bolstering the position. NT isn't a big-money position. If we can find a Haloti Ngata, a Justin Smith, a JJ Watt, a young Richard Seymour, sure, throw money at the guy. Randy Starks might even be worth a big contract. But what top defense has a big-dollar NT? I can't name one true NT that provides much of a pass rush or does anything but anchor and protect the pass rushers.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some really good news, Pagano might be back with the team by Monday.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...-return-Monday
Old 12-20-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I am getting a little nervous about how recent mocks are going. I hate seeing all the good pass rushers going in the top 20. It sucks that this QB class is so horrible. In Scott's mock I would definitely still take Alex Okafor or Eric Reid (and maybe even Barrett Jones) over Cooper. I just don't trust Cooper. I keep reading about how nice of a guy he is, how he's not very strong but is a good technician and athlete. Sounds like a recipe for NFL disappointment, especially if he's picked in the 1st. I want my guards to be big strong and irritable.
I agree with you. These mocks are kinda sad having all of these great pass rushers taken in the top 20. I have faith one will fall to us though, the real thing I'm worried about is whether Grigson has the needs listed the same as we do. I can just imagine it coming to our pick and Keenan Allen or some stupid **** happening. I hope not.

Anyway, I think your alternatives if Mingo/Montgomery/Jordan/Ansah/Jones/Warmack/ect all are taken are good. I would be fine selecting Okafor even if it is a bit of a reach, but I think Sheldon Richardson is someone we might end up selecting although I'm not sure that he would be the best fit.

We have so many needs on defense I think as long as they draft a sensible person to our scheme it will work out. Yeah I would like to wait on a NT, but that wouldn't be the end of the world. I would be most satisfied with DE-5tech or SLB though.

Edit: Is Glenn Dorsey gonna be a free agent? Dude was a beast at LSU and never really made the connection at UT with the Chiefs. Could he be a potential FA pickup? I feel like he would be much better in a 34.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 12-20-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I agree with you. These mocks are kinda sad having all of these great pass rushers taken in the top 20. I have faith one will fall to us though, the real thing I'm worried about is whether Grigson has the needs listed the same as we do. I can just imagine it coming to our pick and Keenan Allen or some stupid **** happening. I hope not.

Anyway, I think your alternatives if Mingo/Montgomery/Jordan/Ansah/Jones/Warmack/ect all are taken are good. I would be fine selecting Okafor even if it is a bit of a reach, but I think Sheldon Richardson is someone we might end up selecting although I'm not sure that he would be the best fit.

We have so many needs on defense I think as long as they draft a sensible person to our scheme it will work out. Yeah I would like to wait on a NT, but that wouldn't be the end of the world. I would be most satisfied with DE-5tech or SLB though.

Edit: Is Glenn Dorsey gonna be a free agent? Dude was a beast at LSU and never really made the connection at UT with the Chiefs. Could he be a potential FA pickup? I feel like he would be much better in a 34.
Don't forget that the Chiefs have been running a 3-4 for a few years. Dorsey was drafted when they were running a 4-3. Was that when Edwards was still coaching? When Pioli took over and installed Haley the team switched to a 3-4 and that's when Tamba Hali started living up to his hype. I don't think Dorsey would be the best fit here.

I would be fine with Richardson, though I'd like to see how he measures out in pre-draft activities.

I am confident that Grigson knows the OL needs work. Luck has taken a visible beating. He is the future, and he's demonstrated that when he gets time to throw he can spread the ball around and produce. He doesn't need a bunch of 1st and 2nd round weapons to succeed. He needs time to throw.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-23-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After an ugly, ugly game we clinched a playoff spot. As best I can tell, we're locked in the 5 seed. Which means unless catastrophe happens to New England or Denver, we'll be going to the winner of the AFC North for the playoffs. If Baltimore wins today, they lock the division, if they lose, they play Cinci next week for the division.

Also, if the Broncos win today, Houston would need to win next week to lock up #1. Houston would drop to #3 if we beat them, & Denver/New England win out. So they have something to play for, and we do not.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely rather play in Baltimore in January then in New England.

What a horrible 2nd half that was from the Colts. Just one good drive. Thankfully the Chiefs kept on shooting themselves in the foot. They certainly had a chance to win it.

I still don't understand why Colts don't use RBs in the passing game. The one pass to a RB, Moore, went for 30+ yards. There is so much room underneath.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just keep telling yourself that they're saving intelligent football for the playoffs. That's what I do.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Maybe it wouldn't be such a terrible thing if Arians takes a head coaching job somewhere else.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not saying they've done anything. But to me adding those two is already bolstering the position. NT isn't a big-money position. If we can find a Haloti Ngata, a Justin Smith, a JJ Watt, a young Richard Seymour, sure, throw money at the guy. Randy Starks might even be worth a big contract. But what top defense has a big-dollar NT? I can't name one true NT that provides much of a pass rush or does anything but anchor and protect the pass rushers.
We just got gashed for 350 yards rushing. Need to get something going up front.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, but a lot of the runs were to the outside. Horrible containment.

It wasn't really on NTs, although they didn't impress either.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Maybe it wouldn't be such a terrible thing if Arians takes a head coaching job somewhere else.
That is what I've been thinking. Do you think he gets some interest?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
That is what I've been thinking. Do you think he gets some interest?
I think so.

Someone is bound to give him credit for the turnaround.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
We had guys like Kellen Heard and Clifton Geathers playing significant minutes. Our top four options at NT are out. Both starters at DE are out. Can't really plan for that.

I do blame the run game gashing on the DL though. The LBs were talking on OLmen way too much. No protection from their guys up front.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-24-2012, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We had guys like Kellen Heard and Clifton Geathers playing significant minutes. Our top four options at NT are out. Both starters at DE are out. Can't really plan for that.

I do blame the run game gashing on the DL though. The LBs were talking on OLmen way too much. No protection from their guys up front.
Which brings up my other point none of our guys can stay on the field.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I just feel like this class has so much top talent at SLB that we can't pass that up. Just my thoughts though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-24-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We definitely can and should upgrade in a couple of positions through this draft.