Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be OK with that move. He's only a two down backer, but isn't that what Foote is? Plus we should have Spence for the third down nickle backer next year if he comes back from injury well.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in mcclain's defense... it has got to be hard as **** to try and play in oakland

if his knee's arent bad i wouldnt mind grabbing him... if he can play ST too

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we all hope for Jarvis Jones to fall like DeCastro did last year????
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
Can we all hope for Jarvis Jones to fall like DeCastro did last year????
one can hope.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want CJ Mosley or Alec Ogletree pretty bad. Jarvis Jones would be sweet, too. Mingo from LSU would be another stud that I hope falls.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chaz batch 4 president!!!

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the best defender we can get. Time to look for another real talent. Doesn't matter where, we can use the help anywhere.

What a win this week though. Can't believe Batch got it done. Just insane.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

With Ike out for a few weeks, this will help the coaches evaluate if we need to grab a corner higher in the draft.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Bored mock:

1) CJ Mosley LB Alabama
2) TJ McDonald S USC
3) Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee State
4) Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State
5) Christine Michael RB Texas A&M
6) Rashard Hall S Clemson
7) Sean Renfree QB Duke
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this game with Ike out opened up a glaring need at a #1 Corner for when Ike actually goes ... I'm very disappointed in Allan and Brown after this game ... as I have high hopes for Allan , not to sure about Brown anymore

1st - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
2nd - Phillip Thomas - SS - Fresno State
3rd - Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State
4th - Duke Williams - SS - Nevada
5th - Abry Jones - DE - Georgia
6th - Michael Mauti - ILB - Penn State
7th - Zac Stacy - RB - Vandy
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Here's how I would like the offseason to go:

Sign via FA:

Matt Moore QB
Steve Breston WR (I expect him to get cut from KC after being a healthy scratch for a few weeks and he knows Haley's system)

Resign:

Max Starks OT
Ramon Foster OG
Keenan Lewis CB (He's going to get paid)

Release:

James Harrison OLB

Restructure:

LaMarr Woodley OLB
Lawrence Timmons MLB
Willie Colon G
Ben Roethlisberger QB
Ryan Clark FS
Brett Keisel DE
Troy Polamalu S
Ike Taylor CB

MOCK DRAFT:

1) CJ Mosley LB Alabama
-Really flying up boards. Had a great SEC title game and I believe his momentum is on the upswing. Not the high name prospect that McClain, Hightower, and Upshaw were, but he could end up being better than them. I believe he can start from Day 1 and form a great inside duo for the Steelers defense.

2) TJ McDonald S USC
-Love him. I'd take him in the first if I were running the team, but his stock seems to be falling a bit. He can be be developed to take over for Polamalu in 2013.

3) Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
-Not really a speed demon, but he is a big, sticky handed WR that can and will help in the red zone.

4) William Gholston DE Michigan State
-Has a lot of potential, but hasn't lived up to it yet. With a year in the weight room and a lot of practice, I think the team could find a gem here with him.

5) Tyrann Mathieu CB Former LSU
-I know the chances of the Steelers drafting him are slim, but they NEED to. He will bring an element to that defense that they haven't had since Troy was in his prime. He'd instantly be the nickle CB and make an impact, despite his small size. Only question, can he lay off the pot?

6) Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Baptist
-Similar to Mathieu, he needs to be a Steeler. If he gets his head on straight, this guy will be a GREAT RB in the NFL. Mendenhall is gone, Redman sucks, Dwyer is inconsistent, and Rainey is too small. Dyer could get touches as a rookie and even play well like Bryce Brown has in Philadelphia.

7) Sean Renfree QB Duke
-Steelers need youth at QB. Renfree can work as the number 3 as a rookie while he develops to be the back up.

Some UDFA to consider:

John Boyett FS Oregon
-Would be a mid round pick had he not gotten a leg injury.

Mike Shannahan WR/TE Pittsburgh
-Big bodied WR/TE.

Chris Jacobson C/G Pittsburgh
-Can play three OL positions and is a nasty, nasty guy.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Here's how I would like the offseason to go:

Sign via FA:

Matt Moore QB - meh, I would just bring back Johnson or Dixion
Steve Breston WR (I expect him to get cut from KC after being a healthy scratch for a few weeks and he knows Haley's system) - Sure why not

Resign:

Max Starks OT - Yes
Ramon Foster OG - Yes
Keenan Lewis CB (He's going to get paid) - Yes, but wouldn't pay him to high, he only had 1 good year and multiple bad years, but he has improved

Release:

James Harrison OLB - Yes, thank you for the years but your time is up
Casey Hampton
Brett Keisel - Delaying Cam Heyward from playing, stop being loyal and stunting the growth of our young players

Restructure:

LaMarr Woodley OLB
Lawrence Timmons MLB
Willie Colon G
Ben Roethlisberger QB
Ryan Clark FS
Troy Polamalu S
Ike Taylor CB

MOCK DRAFT:

1) CJ Mosley LB Alabama - Wouldn't be mad, but I would rather a trade back, or one of the safeties Matt Elam or Eric Reid
-Really flying up boards. Had a great SEC title game and I believe his momentum is on the upswing. Not the high name prospect that McClain, Hightower, and Upshaw were, but he could end up being better than them. I believe he can start from Day 1 and form a great inside duo for the Steelers defense.

2) TJ McDonald S USC - Eddie Lacey RB Alabama here - Was high on Dwyer but not really so much anymore, Eddie Lacey and Dwyer would wear the D down
-Love him. I'd take him in the first if I were running the team, but his stock seems to be falling a bit. He can be be developed to take over for Polamalu in 2013.

3) Aaron Dobson WR Marshall - If you bring in a WR in FA why the need to draft one? , Phillip Thomas SS Fresno State here
-Not really a speed demon, but he is a big, sticky handed WR that can and will help in the red zone.

4) William Gholston DE Michigan State - Robert Alford CB Southeastern Louisiana - Can never have enough talented CBs
-Has a lot of potential, but hasn't lived up to it yet. With a year in the weight room and a lot of practice, I think the team could find a gem here with him.

5) Tyrann Mathieu CB Former LSU - NO THANKS if they're going to take a flyer on a weed smoker I would rather it be Baccari Rambo, anyway Abry Jones DE Georgia
-I know the chances of the Steelers drafting him are slim, but they NEED to. He will bring an element to that defense that they haven't had since Troy was in his prime. He'd instantly be the nickle CB and make an impact, despite his small size. Only question, can he lay off the pot?

6) Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Baptist - No RB if Lacey is picked
-Similar to Mathieu, he needs to be a Steeler. If he gets his head on straight, this guy will be a GREAT RB in the NFL. Mendenhall is gone, Redman sucks, Dwyer is inconsistent, and Rainey is too small. Dyer could get touches as a rookie and even play well like Bryce Brown has in Philadelphia.

7) Sean Renfree QB Duke - Sure why not
-Steelers need youth at QB. Renfree can work as the number 3 as a rookie while he develops to be the back up.

Some UDFA to consider:

John Boyett FS Oregon
-Would be a mid round pick had he not gotten a leg injury.

Mike Shannahan WR/TE Pittsburgh
-Big bodied WR/TE.

Chris Jacobson C/G Pittsburgh
-Can play three OL positions and is a nasty, nasty guy.
My changes in Bold
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't think Keisel should be released. I don't think he will anyways. He's not the problem. It's Ziggy Hood. I'd rather have him released than Keisel.

Matt Moore is one of the better back up QBs in the league. He could start in a pinch and not have anything to really worry about.

I have two WRs in the offseason because they will need one. Depending on what Breaston would sign for would be the reason. Also, Emmanuel Sanders would be a UFA along with Cotch. Dobson is a WR type prospect the team needs because they don't have a guy with his size.

I like Lacy a lot. I just think the team has more needs in the second round than a RB. If they trade down, I wouldn't mind it, though.

I have three man crushes this year. Mosley and McDonald are two of the three. I REALLY want them. Phillip Thomas is moving up that list, though.

The Steelers NEED playmakers and that's what Mathieu is. He can play so many roles on D that he can play in the Polamalu role while also returning kicks and what not. Love him as a player, but suspect as a person.

Michael Dyer is a beast. Total package as a RB.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I don't think Keisel should be released. I don't think he will anyways. He's not the problem. It's Ziggy Hood. I'd rather have him released than Keisel.

Matt Moore is one of the better back up QBs in the league. He could start in a pinch and not have anything to really worry about.

I have two WRs in the offseason because they will need one. Depending on what Breaston would sign for would be the reason. Also, Emmanuel Sanders would be a UFA along with Cotch. Dobson is a WR type prospect the team needs because they don't have a guy with his size.

I like Lacy a lot. I just think the team has more needs in the second round than a RB. If they trade down, I wouldn't mind it, though.

I have three man crushes this year. Mosley and McDonald are two of the three. I REALLY want them. Phillip Thomas is moving up that list, though.

The Steelers NEED playmakers and that's what Mathieu is. He can play so many roles on D that he can play in the Polamalu role while also returning kicks and what not. Love him as a player, but suspect as a person.

Michael Dyer is a beast. Total package as a RB.
I agree they need a WR with Size, but I think they bring back Plax for that role

Wouldn't be mad with a Mcdonald and Phillip Thomas Safety core for years to come ... I used to not like Mcdonald but it seems a lot of ppl are high on him ... A lot of other ppl I talk to really like Dion Jordan or CJ Mosely too

If first 3 could go, 1st Mosely / Jordan , 2nd Mcdonald , 3rd Phillip Thomas ... I think a lot of fans would be happy, including me

I also agree Dyer is a beast ... but you and I both know they don't take Flyers on 2 kids ... if any ... and if I had the choice I would rather it be on Dyer rather then Honey Badger
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I like Dion Jordon, but I do not feel like he fits our scheme at all. He's tall and skinny. We like short and stockish pass rushers.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

I know the Steelers usually don't do this but what about a trade back??

Trade to the bottom on the 1st or top of the 2nd ... get an extra 4th round pick... then trade the extra 4th round and a 5th to get back into the 3rd ... draft go something like this

!st/2nd - David Amerson -FS / Eric Reid - FS / Matt Elam - FS (trade down and get one of these 3)
2nd - Phillip Thomas - SS
3rd - Gerald Hodges - OLB ( move inside)
3rd - Brandon Jenkins - OLB (trade up)
4th- Robert Alford - CB
Old 12-11-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we should get some DECASTRO action agains the cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin (Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame)
Frederick would be an incredible LG to team up with Pouncey and Decastro on the inside.

Eifert is a jump ball phenom, he would be the successor to Heath but would be a big impact in the passing game from day one

2 David Amerson CB North Carolina State (Margus Hunt DE SMU)
Amerson is a classic CB to FS transition candidate...Rolle, Jenkins, ect....his ball skills are out of this world and hes a big hitter, hes been burned this year after having ridiculous pick numbers last year, but his fall from top 10 to second would be a great gift.

Margus Hunt is a physical freak, to play him in a 34 he could be like a mixure of JJ Watt and Calais Campbell

3 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford (Dennard Robinson, WR Mich)

Chase Thomas is a high effort pass rusher, hes relentless and excels at blitzing.

Robinson has trick play ability but would likely be a return man and he just has a dynamic in the open field that rivals hester or harvin

4 Aaron Murray QB Georgia (Montee Ball RB, Wisc)
Highest percentage passer in college football, could possibly be a starter one day but is an ideal backup QB. Better than colt mccoy could dream to be, and id take colt mccoy as a backup in a heartbeat.

Ball is a hard runner with terrific vision, i think hes a lot like chester taylor and would immediately be better than redman

5 Jon Bostic MLB Florida

Good MLB of the future, they will likely miss out on teo and skov if they want to target a MLB

just a few guys i like early in the process, im not quite where i usually am as far as grading prospects
by position guys im intrested in on offense:

QB:

Aaron Murray
EJ Manuel

RB:

Montee Ball Wisc
Eddie Lacey Bama

WR:

Keenan Allen Cal
Terrence Williams Baylor
Robert Woods WR USC
Dennard Robinson Mich

TE:

Tyler Eifert

OT:

DJ Fluker Bama
Brennen Williams North Carolina
Sentreal Henderson Miami

OG:

Travis Frederick <3 Wisc
Chance Warmack Bama
Barrett Jones Bama

Just some guys im high on this year, rounds are probably a little skewed at this point but its still early. Havent really got to the defense yet but i dream about teo or jarvis sometimes. Brandon Jenkins is another guy i like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mendy suspended one week for "conduct detrimental to the team" - aka - after being told he was inactive again, he didn't even show up to the game last week. That pretty much solidifies the fact that he's gone.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

I'm thinking for around when I think we'll pick my board looks like

Anthony Barr
Alex Okafor
Matt Elam

of course other guys are higher but won't be there when they'll pick... but Anthony Barr only 1 year on the defensive side of the ball and to put up the numbers he has 73 tackles , 20 for loss , and 13 sacks , ... I think he's topping my board right now
Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Brown and Sanders used to be the most sure handed WRs we have. Now? I don't even know. I hope Cotch plays more.

Despite looking terrible, we still control our destiny. Get in and anything can happen. This team looks 1 and done though if they do get in.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Also, Brown is absolutely right: it was his fault we lost this game. So many crucial mistakes the past two weeks from him. These WRs need to grow up. I know Hines was their leader, but SOMEONE has to step up.

Mendenhall, despite everything, needs to return and start. Dwyer looks like a change of pace back now.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Even though he gave up a big sack, I liked the way Decastro played last night. He made it seem easy. Beachem has been a pleasant surprise as well. Hope Adams comes back soon because we need his run blocking.

The D needs Ike and Cortez back ASAP.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our D line blows. I miss Aaron Smith so much. A good 3-4 DE, is just as valuable as a NT.

Heyward was getting washed out quite a bit, on run plays. I didn't even see Hood, that dude is terrible.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

The lack of quality drafting on defense in the past 4-5 years is going to keep Pittsburgh out of Super Bowl contention for the next 5+ years at least as all of the older core guys (Harrison, Polamalu, Keisel, Hampton, Taylor) become older and slower.

The Steelers basically have NO quality DL or DBs that are younger than 28. *Maybe* Cam Heyward, but I don't see "special", but only "solid".
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote